I stayed very still for about an hour then I shined my lantern on his eye and I could see that it was opened so I attacked, I got one of his pillows a...полностью>>
I would do something a little bit different. You see, I would take my pre-existing life, and just make changes to that. If I were to come up with my o...полностью>>
This goes to show, racism isn’t just caused by just one person, but many people who have had ideas put into their heads. These leaders would be powerl...полностью>>
- Among these teachers was Roscelin the Nominalist, at whose school at Locmenach, near Vannes, Abelard certainly spent some time before he proceeded to Paris.
- Abelard studied under Anselm of Laon in northern France. He looked down upon his teachers and viewed them as insignificant, and took up the teaching of theology in Paris. He became known for the force with which he threw himself into arguments with fellow intellectuals.
- Medieval and Modern Universities are institutions of higher education. Universities were originally established as a way to foster a new generation of leaders and still today, hundreds of years later, universities are still based on the same basic purposes as they were in medieval Europe.
- The pre-Socratics and, later, PLATO and ARISTOTLE tried to develop a comprehensive set of principles that would account for their knowledge of both the natural and the human world.
- The twelfth and thirteenth centuries were a time of great controversy for medieval scholars. New systems of thought were being developed and implemented that challenged the accepted teachings of the church. Some fought to preserve tradition, others fought to destroy it, while still others sought to find a common ground between the two.
- The Church was undoubtedly the greatest influence in medieval life, affecting not only the religious and moral codes of the period, but also the political and social climate, which in turn allowed the Church to flourish. The Christianity of the Middle Ages is a highly debated topic.
- Does God exist and if so where is He – where can He be found? In my experience this is the question that many people are asking today. At the same time many people have come to the point in their lives where they have serious doubts about God – or have already denied His existence.
- ACTUS PURUS (лат. – чистое действие) — тождество бытия и действия, действительность без потенциальности и пассивности. Это понятие идет от Аристотеля и употреблялось схоластами для определения Бога: Бог есть все, чем он может быть, и ни одна из его возможностей не остается неосуществленной.