Для написання реферату я обрав тему “Файлова система: її організація та обслуговування” тому, що вона є дуже цікавою та не дуже складною Літератури, д...полностью>>
В Проекте «Основные направления социально-экономической политики Правительства Российской Федерации на долгосрочную перспективу» констатируется тот фа...полностью>>
Одной из важнейших сфер деятельности любой фирмы являются инвестиционные операции, т е операции, связанные с вложение денежных средств в реализацию п...полностью>>
В процессе обучения математике задачи выполняют разнообразные функции Учебные математические задачи являются эффективным и часто незаменимым средством...полностью>>
- The Peace Corps is a volunteer service, in which Americans are sent to help undeveloped and extremely poor countries. The volunteers stay in these host countries for two years. They live with the people, in many times poor conditions, and serve and work together with the people of the country.
- Unlike sending "two dollars a month, to help a child," to some informercial, were you never really see the results, or are to involved with them either. You also don?t get the amazing experience of learning about a country?s culture and customs.
- This was a “Treaty of Economic, Social and Cultural Co-operation and Collective Self Defence” signed on March 17th 1948 by the countries of Belgium, France, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, and was implemented by the U.
- As a Wall Street Journal Pentagon correspondent, Thomas E. Ricks is one of America’s elite military journalists. He has been nominated for a Pulitzer Prize and awarded a Society of Professional Journalists Award for his writings based on the Marines. Thomas E.
- Between Cairo, Illinois, and the Gulf of Mexico, the Mississippi River twists and winds for nearly 1, miles. Commonly referred to as ‘the trunk of the American tree’. The river was vital to both the American Government and to the Confederate forces in the west.
- The Civil War, much like a roller coaster, had several ups and downs that changed the course of events. However, one dramatic turning point in the war stands out above all others, The Battle of Gettysburg. From the beginning, the Union was destined to become victorious through superior military tactics and a more industrialization.
- The branch color is Crimson and yellow. In the beginning, the Ordnance Corps had a red trail, the same as Artillery. Later on in 1851, Crimson was assigned to this branch. Then in 1902 it was changed to black and scarlet. Then finally, in 1921, crimson and yellow were assigned the colors of this branch.
- Billy does this by putting the events of his life in perspective. He reorganizes his life so that all of it occurs within the context of his days in Europe during the war.
- The Korean War, which began in June of 1950, was a conflict between the Democratic People s Republic of Korea (North Korea) and the Republic of Korea (South Korea). It was one of the bloodiest war in history in which an estimated 3, , persons lost their lives.
- The way the world thinks of war changed forever in 1945. On July 16 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, America exploded the world’s first atomic bomb, sending a huge mushroom-shaped cloud high into the sky. The Manhattan Project, which was used to end World War II,
- War can destroy a young man mentally and physically. One might say that nothing good comes out of war, but in Remarque’s All Quiet on the Western Front, there is one positive characteristic: comradeship. Paul and his friends give Himmelstoss a beating in which he deserves due to his training tactics.
- Theodore Roosevelt (hereafter TR), was nicknamed “Teedie”. TR suffered from asthma and terrible nearsightedness, conditions which his father urged him to supercede by saying, “You have the mind, but not the body; you must make your body.” To help his son, Theodore Sr.
- When, at the age of twenty-one, Mehmed II (1451-1481) sat on the throne of the Ottoman Sultans his first thoughts turned to Constantinople. The capital was all that was left from the mighty Christian Roman Empire and its presence, in the midst of the dominions of the powerful new rulers of the lands of Romania, was pregnant with danger.
- The Battle of Okinawa, in which both Japanese and American forces suffered enormous casualties, marked its fiftieth anniversary on June 23, 1995. In commemoration of this important date, the Cornerstone of Peace was erected and unveiled that day to, as Okinawa Governor Ota Masahide put it, “convey the peace-cherishing heart of Okinawa and its yearning to live in peace with all.
- Moderation of Eisenhower?s policies and the influence of Democratic supporters led Eisenhower to coin, “Modern Republicanism” as his maxim for the day. Being conservative with money and liberal with people was a policy meant to sway as many supporters from both wings or schools of thought as Eisenhower could manage.
- The Lewis and Clark Expedition were an important journey and a foundation of the creation of the United States. Meriwether Lewis and William Clark set out on the exploration of the land gained by the Louisiana Purchase on May 1804. Lewis and Clark did not want was ahead on their long journey.
- Since 1856, two political parties have been dominant, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. As they have butted heads, no other party has been elected to the office of president. In fact, the only time a third party received more votes than the Republican or Democratic parties was in the election of 1912.
- The title of the book we read was The Social History of the Machine Gun. This publication basically outlined the progression of machine guns, starting with the 14th century s organ gun and ending around 1940. This advancement through technological eras showed man s relationship with this technology and how well we dealt with the responsibility of the awesome power of the automatic weapon.
- The dawning of the sixties erupted with John F. Kennedy as President, the beginning of an anti-war movement, and the fear of communism. It was a new decade and called for many changes, domestic and foreign. New policies were initiated in the hopes for a better economy and relations with other countries.
- Three Hungarian-born physicists, Leo Szilard, Eugene Wigner, and Edward Teller asked Albert Einstein to send a letter to Franklin Roosevelt. Compelled by the letter in late 1939, Roosevelt ordered an effort to obtain an atomic weapon before Germany.