Pablo Picasso Ruiz s art from 1904 to 1905 is classified under the indeterminate title, The Rose Period. Misleadingly, the colors in the rose period a...полностью>>
The nationalist movement for a stronger government was not a reaction to excesses following the revolution, rather, it was a reaction to inadequacies....полностью>>
It is sometimes hard for English Canadians to grasp how deeply many French Canadians feel the loss of control over their identity. A generation ago, i...полностью>>
“We as humans have the capability of either preserving of destroying the rainforest. But whatever we decide, good or bad, will affect us all” (Author ...полностью>>
- I read the news today, oh boy, about a lucky man who made the grade…he blew his mind out in a car. He didn’t notice that the lights had changed.(the Beatles, 1967) These lyrics proved to fans that Paul McCartney had indeed died in a tragic auto accident in late 1966.
- Imagine a twelve-year-old girl that has been diagnosed with an illness that will be fatal in the next ten years. This disease targets the heart and slowly deteriorates the myocardium of the heart. The twelve-year-old girl is placed behind fifty people on a list for a heart transplant.
- I would like to thank all the students and teachers who used the material that made up the original edition of this book. In particular, I am grateful to my former colleagues at the Swan School of English, Oxford, for all their interest and encouragement.
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- Most everything that people saw in him or expected him to be was a fabrication. The real John Lennon can only be discovered by ?reading between the lines?. Born on October 9, 1940, John Lennon was a native of Liverpool England.
- Slang, informal, nonstandard words and phrases, generally shorter lived than the expressions of ordinary colloquial speech, and typically formed by creative, often witty juxtapositions of words or images. Slang can be contrasted with jargon (technical language of occupational or other groups) and with argot or cant (secret vocabulary of underworld groups), but the borderlines separating these categories from slang are greatly blurred, and some writers use the terms cant,argot, and jargon in a general way to include all the foregoing meanings.
- The introduction of pop style into the music industry in the nineteen-fifties and sixties has had a definite effect on the world. Pop brought rock’n'roll music into existence; it gave those listening to it a sense of non-conformity and freedom. It put parents on the edge of their seats with worry, teenagers on the edge of their seats wanting more.
- One means the emotions that are motive, that have life in them and legs under them, whether they crawl underneath the surface of things or come out above the surface and face a world.