In John Milton’s Paradise Lost the forces of good vs. evil are major factors throughout the epic. From the beginning of the poem, good vs. evil, or mo...полностью>>
In recent history, one would be hard pressed to find one politician surrounded in more controversy than Bill Clinton. His scandals have included drugs...полностью>>
His punishment did not fit the crime, and today, such an act would probably result in time spent in community service rather than a hard labor prison ...полностью>>
Marijuana is a green, brown, or gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers of the hemp plant. You may hear marijuana called by ...полностью>>
- The main characters that have racist attitudes are Iago, Brabantio, Roderigo and Emilia, with the hatred of Othello as the basis for their racist actions and comments towards him.
- Illusions can be mistaken as being reality and very often there is a person making another believe in the illusion through his/her actions and speech.
- The term imagery has various applications. Generally, imagery includes all kinds of sense perception (not just visual pictures). In a more limited application, the term describes visible objects only. But the term is perhaps most commonly used to describe figurative language, which is as a theme in literature.
- they should use Piggy s spec as burning glasses. So the boys went against Piggy s will, and stole the specs to start the fire. When Piggy got his glasses back, the glasses was broken. From the boy s action, I can see that the boys all have changed. They are no longer cilvized,
- William Shakespeare is one of the greatest writers of all time; he wrote both novels and plays. Like all Shakespearen heroes, they all possess a tragic flaw that will eventually lead to their downfall. Othello, the main character, is no exception to this and neither was Macbeth.
- A character that might parallel yet contrast another is said to be a foil. A foil is used to clarify character traits as well as issues in stories and plays. An example of this would be Iago and Othello from the Shakespeare play Othello. Othello is a trustworthy and upstanding individual who has a slight problem as far as spontaneity is concerned.
- The noun as a part of speech has the general meaning of substance in the widest sense of the term. This is the main nominative class of words for they are used to name living beings (a man, a woman, a girl-friend, a bird, a dog), objects (a pen, a flower) and abstract notions, such as qualities (kindness, strength), states (fear, fight, sleep), processes (discussion, reading) viewed as substances.
- La lexicologie peut être historique et descriptive, elle peut être orientée vers une ou plusieurs langues. La lexicologie historique envisage le développement du vocabulaire d'une langue dès origines jusqu 'à nos jours, autant dire qu'elle en fait une étude diachronique.