In addition, camera movements are usually determined by the actions of the male protagonist. Consequently, the gaze is dominated by the active male wh...полностью>>
Throughout this semester we have read material focusing on slave narratives, authentic and fictionalized. Three very important pieces of literature du...полностью>>
В числе великих открытий, сделанных в Китае, наряду с порохом, бумагой, фарфором, шелком, особое место по праву отведено чаю. Китай – родина чайной ку...полностью>>
Gandhi, one of the world?s greatest figures, has already become a legend. In this book Jeanette Eaton shows him as a human being. While still a young ...полностью>>
- Once a Warrior King gives rare and unique insight into the battles of Vietnam. David Donavan gives his account as the Army First Lieutenant in charge of a southern Vietnamese district. Based in the southern, rural village of Tram Chim, this book shifts the focus of the war from the political misunderstanding and shortcomings to the social effects they had on both the Vietnamese people and Donovan himself.
- In The Once and Future King T.H. White conveys his personal thoughts on leadership through the help of Merlin, and Wart’s transformations. Through each transformation Wart experiences different forms of power, each being a part of a whole idea on how a leader should act.
- When Wart is transformed into a fish Merlyn takes him to go talk to the master of the moat, Mr. P. This is the first transformation that Wart will learn his first lesson in.
- Sir Lancelot?s intense desire to perform heroic deeds was brought on by his lack of confidence and insecurity. His childhood was spent in seclusion, training for a job desired only to escape the hellish life that his hideous face would otherwise hold in store for him.
- (1958) The Once and Future King is the collective volume of works, loosley based on Sir Thomas Malory?s Morte d?Arthur (c.1469), which includes The Sword in the Stone, The Queen of Air and Darkness (formerly The Witch in the Wood), The Ill-Made Knight, and The Candle in the Wind.
- In order to fix the past King Arthur redefines might and right. He does so to make life more pleasant and peaceful. These lessons taught Arthur about the governing mindset of the times. Like any other child, the young Arthur s mind was very malleable, so from his surroundings he learned that might is right.
- Merlyn’s forgetfulness kept him from informing Arthur of his mother’s name. “…but suddenly he remembered it in his sleep-the simplest thing! It was Arthur’s mother’s name which he had forgotten to mention in the confusion!” (White, OAFK 310).
- Balyn and Balan- Balyn gets a cursed sword and kills the Lady of the Lake. He goes after Garlon the invisible evil night and finds the Castel Carbonek. He stricks King Pelles with the Dolorous Stroke then fights his brother unknowingly and they kill each other.
- During medieval period, which took place between 1066-1485, the literature of the time went through change. The medieval romance, which contains kings, knights, and the supernatural, is one type of medieval literature. The Legend of King Arthur is the most well known medieval romance.
- According to The American Heritage Dictionary, a posession is “an actual holding or occupancy, with or without rightful ownership.” Based on this definition and the status of women at the time of writing the book, it is concluded that Guenevere is considered a possession.
- husband, she found herself taken a fancy to the young knight, Lancelot. She admired his broken face and found herself falling in love. She loved both Lance and Arthur. She felt respect with gratitude, kindness, love and a sense of protection, but there was no romance felt in her relationship with the King.
- In The Once and Future King, Portayal of the Middle Ages is thought to be made of magnificent castles, beautiful clothing, great kings and queens everything and everyone perfect. No proof of the.Towns back then were not pretty. Dirt thrived in cities there were diseases and crud everywhere.
- He described Arthur’s genealogy as the son of Uther Pendragon and Igerna, or Igraine, wife of the Duke of Cornwall, and brought in Merlin the magician, who disguised Arthur as the Duke in order to romance Igerna at Tintagel Castle while the real Duke was away.
- It is generally believed that Martin Luther King, Jr., was an intelligent African-American who promoted harmony between the races. Numerous books-all of which talk about his deeds of valor to promote good-will between both blacks and whites during a time when riots and strife regularly occurred in America-have been written about his life.
- Communities during the Middle Ages were not orderly. They were probably outright chaotic and unjust. As far as the king goes, he probably did not do much to help the fairness of towns. Arthur, such a great, benevolent king, would not have existed back then.
- Once Upon A Mattress is a perfect example of legendary folklore. Characters that we depict from storybook fairytales come to life, as actors that marvelously portray kings, queens, and knights turn folklore into reality. Once Upon A Mattress is a dark comedy that enchants its audience with humor, controversies, as well as evil and manipulation.
- The adaptation of Shakespeare’s works has become a common activity in the Twentieth century. His works have constantly influenced literary minds. But recently, and uniquely, created media have too attempted to embrace the universal stories proposed by this ‘father of modern English’.
- Stephen King is one of the most successful authors of the twentieth-century. He brings nightmares to life in a way that no other writer has succeeded to do, and is now among the most prestigious horror writers of the time. King is indeed a genius at work; however, to fully understand the legacy of Stephen King, one must understand the background from which he came and the manner in which he handled it.
- King Henri IV was born at Pau in Bearn on December 13, 1553. Raised by his mother, Jeane d?Albret (Queen of Navarre), Henri was brought up in a remote castle in the Pyrenees. He grew up amongst the peasant children of that area and raised on a diet of bread, cheese, and garlic.
- 1. King Arthur is considered to be the High King of Britain and the son of Uther Pendragon. Merlin who became his chief advisor taught him. He became king at age 15 when Uther died in battle. King Arthur ruled over Camelot with his wife Guinevere. The lady of the Lake gave him the sword Excalibur.