Вибух у розвитку технологій Internet підняв на поверхню чимало проблем. Програмні, апаратні, методичні, естетичні й навіть етичні, - усі вони потребую...полностью>>
Tolkien’s famous book, “The Lord of the Rings”, has been repudiated as one of the best fantasies ever written. Tolkien creates a very deep intimacy be...полностью>>
Восточноамериканский крот — длиной 16 см, включая хвост (3 см), весит около 75 г. Передние лапы крупные и широкие, их форма идеальна для рытья грунта;...полностью>>
- Throughout Homer?s The Odyssey, many tangible symbols are used to represent abstract ideas. Each symbol that Homer uses has two meanings. The double meanings of these symbols are used to represent Odysseus and Telemachus as they strive to meet each other.
- In The Odyssey , Homer uses guest-host relationships as an ethical norm against which behavior is measured. When the ritual is preformed correctly by guest-host, good results ensue. In contrast, the violations of this ethical norm results in misfortune.
- When The Odyssey was written, the Greek poet Homer defines his main character, Odysseus, as a great war hero. As the story progresses, Odysseus is many things other than the average warrior on a long, perilous journey home. One outstanding characteristic of this not so typical man is his wiliness.
- The Odyssey, written by Homer, is the story of Odysseus and how he faced misfortune in his attempts to return home after the Trojan war From these misfortunes he learned to be a better man and became able to regain his place in his homeland of Ithaca
- The concept of space travel has been an interest to many since the beginning of time. Today, scientists are moving at a comfortable pace to expand our vast knowledge of the universe. Many authors dreamed of the possibilities while scientists tried to bring them to reality.
- He displayed character traits that superseded those of his crew mates. Much in the same fashion, Bowman breaks the mold of the astronauts aboard the Discovery. He and Poole are share duties aboard the Discovery, but he demonstrates a higher level of thinking by sensing and interpreting what is happening before him.
- Ever read a book that went fast with little plot? That’s what kind of book 2061: odyssey three is by Arthur C. Clarke. This book is the third book in Clarke’s space odyssey trilogy. 2061 is easy to read and moves alone at a constant pace. Its simple plot line doesn’t confuse a person when the story line jumps around during the beginning.
- There are many scenes that take place in a book, some are more important than others. In the book I read over the summer, ?2001: Space Odyssey? by Arthur Clarke. A few of the scenes were very important and without them the book would have been a waste.
- 2001 Space Odyssey The film segment chosen was the final scene from Stanley Kubrik^s 2001 A Space Odyssey made in 1968 As the name would suggest, the film is set almost entirely in the future Already having projected itself over 30 years into the future, it would be safe to assume that this motion picture offers a wealth of imagery and futuristic vision It does It is towards the end of the film, however, that Kubrik offers this to us on a much greater scale In these few minutes, we are presented with the dawn of a new era: a near incomprehensible evolution of humanity Through many complex desi
- ?Summit of the Americas? held by heads of 34 countries, were as follows: (1) preserving and strengthening the community of democracies of the Americas, ( ) free trade area of the Americas (FTAA), (3) eradicating poverty and discrimination in the hemisphere, (4) education (Americas Net).
- IN CONTEMPORARY American culture, consuming is as authentic as it gets. Advertisements, getting a bargain, garage sales, and credit cards are firmly entrenched pillars of our way of life. We shop on our lunch hours, patronize outlet malls on vacation, and satisfy our latest desires with a late-night click of the mouse.
- The definition of a person is an aspect of the abortion issue which raises some very difficult questions.
- In the writing’s of the Jonathan Swift we can clearly see issues and concepts with regard to morality, ethics and relations come into play in our society and in Gulliver’s Travels, Swift brings those issues to the for front for everyone to see and analyze.
- Walking back down the long dusty path into an experience of a life time, knowing I can?t go back. I?ve left my world behind me, troubles, truths, love, hates. The only things that accompany me on my way are the memories of all the good and bad things that have happened to me.
- In today s society, there is a great amount of emphasis placed on your physical appearance. Everyone desires the perfect body, however not many people are willing or able to put the time and effort in to achieve that status. So the search for an easy way out began.
- In Ancient Greece, after 800 bc , new ideas came to the forefront concerning the governing of society These ideas led to a more organized leadership and a government whose decisions were primarily based on majority rule This system took the form of city-states, large self-governing towns These city-states were founded on principals of “freedom, optimism, secularism, rationalism,?[and] the glorification of body and mind” Accompanying these principals was an obligation of fierce loyalty to the city-state and a willingness to shed blood for its betterment These ideals, while ambitious and noble,
- In 1959, a rebel, Fidel Castro, overthrew the reign of Fulgencia Batista in Cuba; a small island 90 miles off the Florida coast. There have been many coups and changes of government in the world since then. Few if any have had the effect on Americans and American foreign policy as this one.
- In Shakespeare s play, “The Tempest,” an underlying theme of barbarism versus civilization appears. Shakespeare creates characters that exemplify symbols of nature or nurture. The symbolism of the characters is derived from their actions. These actions show Shakespeare s view of the uncivilized and the civilized, as well as help the reader develop his own opinion of each side.
- Odysseus is the main character in an epic poem called the Odyssey. In the poem Odysseus has had some bad luck getting home, with some of the gods helping him and some hindering him his journey towards home is a constant struggle. In this poem we see a man being broke and rebuilt, through constant irony his faith was damaged and without the help of Athena he probably would have given up on his journey.
- The Odyssey is mainly about the tribulations of a great hero; that hero would be Odysseus. Although Odysseus does not appear in this epic until the fifth book, he is still the main character. Odysseus, whom I will call the hero, has many tribulations in this epic.