3. Природные условия и ресурсы.1. Климат умеренный, умеренно-континентальный с элементами морского.2. Рельеф: занимает Приневскую низменномть и Волдай...полностью>>
До недавнього часу для більшості суб’єктів господарювання процеси банкрутства були мало відомі. Лише в період реформування економіки (після ліквідації...полностью>>
Предпринимательство – это особый вид деятельности, особое поприще, преуспеть на котором не каждому под силу. Оно требует не только солидных экономичес...полностью>>
- In the past, when people had psychological problems, neuroscientists would often wrongly jump to the conclusion that something in the persons past was to blame. Nowadays, scientists know more than ever about the growing field of neuroscience. In The Brain-Mind Connection: A Quarter Century of Neuroscience , Beth Horning discusses the future possibilities for this growing field.
- In 1968, when American soldiers came home from the Vietnam War addicted to heroin, President Richard Nixon initiated the War on Drugs. More than a decade later, President Ronald Reagan launches the South Florida Drug Task force, headed by then Vice-President George Bush, in response to the city of Miami’s demand for help.
- Introduction -The psychedelic effects of d-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25 (LSD) were discovered by Dr. Albert Hoffman by accident in 1938. In the 1950s and 1960s, LSD was used by psychiatrists foranalytic psychotherapy. It was thought that the administration of LSD could aid the patient inreleasing repressed material.
- Cognitive Neuroscience I. IntroductionA. DefinitionB. Topics II. BodyA. Origins1. Localization of Function2. Neuron Doctrine3. Sensation, Association, Perception, and MeaningB. Today1. Sensation2. Perception3. Forming a Decision to Act4. Motor Control5.
- The mind and body are so completely connected that physical activities such as yoga and dance have healthful effects not only on the body but also on mental ailments such as depression and anxiety. Conversely, mental approaches such as hypnosis and imagery benefit physical problems such as hypertension and immune deficiency.
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that randomly attacks the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). The progress, severity and specific symptoms of the disease can not be predicted; symptoms may range from tingling and numbness to paralysis and blindness.
- Washburn, D. A., & Putney, R. T. (1 , June). Attention Profiles of Working Memory. Paper at the meeting of the American Psychological Society. Although each construct has its own literature, phenomena, and theories, it is widely recognized that attention and working memory are integrally related.
- Dementia is an organic brain syndrome which results in global cognitive impairments. Dementia can occur as a result of a variety of neurological diseases. Some of the more well known dementing diseases include Alzheimer’s disease (AD), multi-infarct dementia (MID), and Huntington’s disease (HD).
- Superintelligence requires software as well as hardware.
- Throughout one s life generalizations and characterizations are made about one s personality. It starts almost the second one is born, “She has a cranky demeanor, she cries all the time.” During the school years children are characterized as outgoing, energetic, antisocial, shy, aggressive, etc.
- The biggest question in dolphin communication, is whether or not the species is capable of intentional communicative acts. Though results from studies have been debatable, the key to understanding the extent to this ?language? is to determine whether they have a repertoire of grammatical rules that generate organized sequences.
- But it does get more complicated than that. More things can lead to depression too. The article points out that the increased risk for depression in women today might come from genetics, the effects of stressful events in their lives, social pressures, or the combination of all three.
- Intuitive insights suddenly appear as ideas or feelings. The solution to a problem leaps into your mind. You have a strong anxiety about taking some action but cannot understand why. Where do these things come from? You are continually, without conscious attention, recognizing patterns in the stream of sensations that impinge upon you.
- On one occasion in his freshmen year, two boys attacked him in the bathroom. He fell into the urinal and the boys proceeded to urinate on him. ?I just remember sitting there, waiting for it to get over with,? recalled Nabozny (Jerome, 1).
- Babies with special disabilities are portrayed by society to be below average in learning potential than a normal healthy baby. Scientists have proved that this assumption is not correct because babies process information from the instant they enter this world.
- The axons of the central nervous system in adult mammals do not regenerate spontaneously after injury, mainly because of the presence of oligodendrocytes that inhibit axonal growth. These glial cells block the growth of the axons in the central nervous system, preventing any kind of regeneration within the CNS.
- Communication with ParrotsParrots, and other talking birds, have fascinated mankind since Aristotle. Once thought to be mere mimics, these affable, entertaining and often quite lovable creatures are now known to possess remarkable intellectual abilities.
- Should animals be harmed to benefit mankind? This pressing question has been around for at least the past two centuries. During the early nineteenth century, animal experiments emerged as an important method of science and, in fact, marked the birth of experimental physiology and neuroscience as we currently know it.
- There have been many different contradictions between the two sides, pro-marijuana and anti-marijuana. Also, many statements have a derogatory basis towards marijuana use. But on the other hand, marijuana has many positive aspects.
- Have you ever just sat back and asked yourself why is Rupaul and George Michael gay? Is it genetic or the result of upbringing? Is it biological or psychosocial? Are people born that way or made that way by man ? Attitudes towards homosexuality have changed over the centuries.