Исторические личности->Контрольная работа
Человечество уже тысячелетия ищет наиболее совершенные формы государственной организации общества Эти формы меняются с развитием самого общества Форма...полностью>>
Как выйти из сложившейся ситуации? Надо ли предпринимать какие-либо специальные усилия для того,чтобы преодолеть ее и вновь завоевать расположение окр...полностью>>
Начиная с последней четверти XIX века и на протяжении почти всего XX века, кроме, может быть, последних 90-х годов, все экономисты подразделялись на д...полностью>>
- The modern era began with the Enlightenment of the eighteenth century and accelerated through the first half of the twentieth century. Although this span of time included many dissenting voices, in general it could be described as an Age of Scientific Reason.
- If the Enlightenment was a movement, which started among a tiny elite, and slowly spread to make its influence felt throughout society, Romanticism was more widespread both in its origins and influence. No other intellectual/artistic movement has had comparable variety, reach, and staying power since the end of the Middle Ages.
- In the late-19th and early-20th centuries, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the Spanish-American war were grist for American movies' mill, mostly in romantic flag-wavers which boasted little action. The war film as it is known today — violent dramatizations of men in combat — emerged with the world's first experience of modern warfare, World War I.
- All but forgotten today, except by nostalgia buffs, movie serials were at one time one of the most popular pure entertainment forms in Hollywood and one of the most reliable for the studios in terms of making money, as well as a unique form of the filmmaker's art.
- Dante Alighieri, one of the greatest poets of the Middle Ages, was born in Florence, Italy on June 5, 1265. He was born to a middle-class Florentine family. At an early age he began to write poetry and became fascinated with lyrics. During his adolescence, Dante fell in love with a beautiful girl named Beatrice Portinari.
- BabbittIf one were to look at the words of any modern dictionary they would find amongst them the word Babbitt. If one were to glance, however at a dictionary from the early part of this century, the word Babbitt would not appear. The word Babbitt means “a self satisfied person who conforms readily to conventional middle class ideas and ideals, especially of business and material success” (Websters New Universal Unabridged Dictionary, 106).
- The origin of the phenomenon that became the Beatles can be traced to 1957 when Paul McCartney (b. 18 June 1942, Liverpool, England) successfully auditioned at a church f?te in Woolton, Liverpool, for the guitarist’s position in the Quarrymen, a skiffle group led by John Lennon (b.
- In 1927 Warner Bros. released The Jazz Singer, a silent drama with sound sequences in which Al Jolson sang and spoke. The film was a hit, and within two years American cinema shifted irreversibly to talking films. At first everyone was planted around the microphone, but even as the technology improved, sound still slowed down the onscreen tempo because of the greater detail and realism which it brought to action.
- ABSTRACT Today, more and more is heard about the subject of European Union and Europe itself. Many things are happening there. Expansion of NATO, war in Bosnia, broken USSR. Basically we can say that economically world is divided into big pieces and those are America, Europe and Asia.
- A Utopian Society is based on the idea that all governmental tactics, laws, and social conditions are ideal to perfection. The relationship between authority and citizen coincide creating endless stability. Any abrupt disagreement regarding a radical idea can shift the equilibrium off balance, causing the population to become a threat to officials that could lead to a revolutionary plan.
- Japan is made up of a four main island chain with other small islands in the western Pacific Ocean volcanic mountain range. The main islands are Hokkaido, Honshu, Kyushu and Shikoku. Many of the major cities including Tokyo, the capital, are found on the island of Honshu.
- The Japanese government has since had an active participation in the economy, yet not controlling it directly but rather through market mechanisms. It took responsibility for promoting economic growth by using incentives and taxes collected in an effective way.
- Dr. Friedman insisted I use national income data (instead of GDP) for measuring economy size. He continually stressed the necessity of recognizing the add-on load to the economy of regulatory compliance costs. And, don’t forget to include your data sources, he said.
- What follows is on attempt to discuss the history of communication technologies – as far as this is humanly possible – in general terms. The objective is ultimately the outline of a scientific history of the media – an outline for the simple reason that media sciences is a new field of research which would not exist had it not been for the triumphal advance of modern information technologies.
- Since the late 1970’s, requirements to have government health warnings on cigarette advertisements and restrictions by the Advertising Standards Authority on associating smoking with glamorous lifestyle, have been accompanied by the development of surrealist advertising, particularly by Gallaher with their Silk Cut and Benson and Hedges brands.
- The sharp gazing before grain instils into nature a kind of cold vitality of which the qualitative richness has infinite depth.
- Due to the negative reception of The Awakening Chopin never tries to publish “The Storm”. She feels that the literary establishment can not accept her bold view of human sexuality (Kimbel 108). Chopin definitely proves to be an author way ahead of her time.
- During the 1960s the South African economy expanded at an annual average rate of 5.5 percent and experienced average inflation of 2.4 percent. This compared with annual growth of 5.0 percent in Industrialized Organization for Economic Corporation and Development (OECD) countries and inflation of 2.
- With few exceptions, our male dominated society has traditionally feared, repressed, and stymied the growth of women. As exemplified in history, man has always enjoyed a superior position. According to Genesis in the Old Testament, the fact that man was created first has led to the perception that man should rule.
- In recent years, scholarly communication has virtually exploded into the on-line electronic world. This has brought a number of demonstrable benefits to the scholarly communication process as well as highlighting a number of inefficiencies and obstacles to the full deployment of information technology.