Відчутний вплив на вітчизняну суспільно-гуманітарну думку справив глибокий аналітик і дуже своєрідний мислитель Дмитро Донцов (1883-1973). Уродженець...полностью>>
There are a few remembrances in our life like that at a lake in Maine that attract us and refresh our memory even though that happened a long time ago...полностью>>
Baxton,J. Electronic Commerce [online]. Available: http://www.people.virginia.edu/ jwb7w/icomm/home.html. (April 15, 1 ) Buskin,J. Tales from the Fron...полностью>>
- Some teenagers believe that life should imitate high school. Adolescents think they should never have an inordinate amount of pressure foist upon them, and that deadlines are strictly an outline to go by. If something is done incorrectly the first time they can just keep doing it until it’s right.
- Approximately every two minutes, a teenage girl in the United States gives birth (Guernsey 6). While this fact may be sad and startling to most people, it is in deed the truth. Over the past few decades, the problem of teen pregnancy has grown considerably in this country.
- The prices of these substances will rise because of taxation; other forms of regulation, and bans. Thus, measuring their responsiveness to price is important in determining the optimal level of taxation and the impacts of legalization.
- If there is an imbalance of amines, the central nervous system could be affected. Thus, symptoms of depression could be produced from the imbalance of amines. although scientists are still studying the biological affects on teenage suicide, it is clear that depression, on a psychological level, is a cause of teenage suicides.
- The dispute on abortion has become one of the most heated debates in today’s society. It is a subject that can instigate incredibly strong emotions on either side of the argument. Since the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade decision in 1973, which legalized abortions in the United States, women have had the individual right as people to decide the fate of their own bodies.
- In her book, Dubious Conceptions: The Politics of Teenage Pregnancy, Kristin Luker participates in the negotiated order of the United States by providing information to the information-gathering portion of the sympathetic process. Luker’s investigation of the issue of teenage pregnancy seeks not to provide information on what she perceives to be right or wrong but rather to provide the necessary background for an informed decision to be made.
- The media, that giant intimidating creation has taken the stereotypes of teens, the way people view teens, and the way we view ourselves, and has turned it into a delusional monster. The media at this point in time portrays teenagers as generally bad.
- Teenagers: Learning from exemplary charactersTeenage parents are one of the highest problems in today’s world. Almost a child themselves, they had no idea of the responsibilities that it takes to raise a child. Most of the time, these parents are shun by society.
- Under the eyes of god we are all created equal, and under the foundation of the country with gods blessing all patrons of the great USA are created equal. Right? Well that s what I thought until my eyes were opened this summer to the cruel REAL world.
- Welfare has been a social issue since 1936, which was when Welfare was introduced to the United States. Welfare soon expanded through out the 1960?s and 70?s. Welfare does not only exist in the United Sates, it also exists in many other nations as well.
- It’s very interesting that I find myself writing about something that not only is commonsense, but what is more, something that every one knows about in general but may not in particular. Alcohol use among teenagers is a serious problem and is responsible for death and injury in automobile accidents, physical and emotional disability, deterioration of academic performances, aggressive behavior that causes a number of other sociological problems in families and among friends.
- There are many misconceptions about depression. Pathological depression is not the “dispirited” or “down” mood, which we all experience from time to time, and which causes us to say, “I’m depressed,” but it is a debilitating illness that affects one in five people of all ages from children to adults.
- In our constantly developing society, it is not surprising to note that adolescents’ sexual attitudes and behaviours have greatly changed within the past two decades. Darling, Kallen & VanDusen, (1984) in their study of college students found a major increase in the number of young people reporting to have had sexual intercourse.
- Suicide of any kind is an act in which a person takes his or her own life. FACT: Suicide is a prevalent cause of death among America’s youth today. Every day more than 1 teenagers will think about suicide and eighteen will be successful in committing it.
- The issue of birth control being taught and/or distributed in public schools is one worth debating. In biology and health classes students are educated in reproduction and sexuality, but not about such birth control methods such as condoms and birth control pills.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- “More than half of American teenagers have had sexual intercourse and face significant sexual health risks. Each year, over one million teenagers become pregnant, one in seven teenagers contract an STD, and one in five hundred students on collage campuses are infected with HIV.
- People look at me and think I am a terrible driver just because I am young. However the reality is I am a fine driver. It is a common misconception that teenagers are “bad” drivers; in my experience I have found that it’s not only teenagers that are terrible drivers.
- World War One was said to be “the war to end all wars,” little did the people know that that was going to be proven wrong 19 later. The perception of war was clearly misstated to new recruits. Both protagonists in both books thought the war was just a time to prove yourself and fight for your country, little did they know that the point of them being in the war was to teach them how to stay alive.
- Everyone has a view on steroids whether or not it is shaped by mass media, schools, or peers. Not many people have a realistic idea of what steroids really are and what they do. I spent a few hours in various diet and fitness related chat rooms on the net while doing this paper and found out that the common stereotype is that all steroids are harmful and produce breasts.