В самом общем виде под школьной дезадаптацией подразумевается, как правило, некоторая совокупность признаков, свидетельствующих о несоответствии социо...полностью>>
Системный подход к гражданскому образованию предполагает широкое использование внеурочных форм деятельности, воспитательной работы в школе, которые об...полностью>>
Поняття конфлікту сьогодні не належить якійсь одній галузі знань Це соціальний феномен, який проникає у всі сфери людського соціуму, тому його і почал...полностью>>
Своєрідне бачення структури особистості і більш заглиблений підхід до проблеми творчої активності при рішенні пізнавальних задач привели нас до нового...полностью>>
- The mind and body are so completely connected that physical activities such as yoga and dance have healthful effects not only on the body but also on mental ailments such as depression and anxiety. Conversely, mental approaches such as hypnosis and imagery benefit physical problems such as hypertension and immune deficiency.
- Although it is only in recent times that scientists have started to document the effects of music, the qualities of music were understood even in earliest times. Evidence suggests that dance and song preceded speech, which means that music is the original language of humans.
- Whether it is referred to by its scientific term “syngamy” or by the general term “conception”, the moment a sperm cell unites with an egg cell stirs, both in the scientist and the layperson, much awe and reverence. It is the point at which a new and unique genome is created.
- Being part of the Sports Medicine profession, Athletic Trainers have to be ready for anything and everything when it comes to treating their athletes. This includes recognition, evaluation, education and prevention of various problems. One specific aspect of this is having a basic knowledge of contagious diseases that is seen all too commonly in Athletics.
- Founded by Frederick (Fritz) and Laura Perls in the 1940’s, Gestalt therapy is a phenomenological – existential methodology which emphasizes experience and experimentation. Gestalt is a German term that means a “complete pattern or configuration” (p. 112).
- The treatment of disorders (can be either mental or physical) by the use of either psychological needs or by the use of medicinal needs is called therapy. Therapy involves talking with a trained professional about things such as symptoms, problems, and understanding one’s self.
- Before finding the answer to this question it is necessary to understand the background, history, and importance of what Art Therapy is. First of all Art Therapy is a form of psychotherapy. In psychotherapy there is an exploration of feelings and concerns in nonverbal and verbal exercises that use simple visual art materials.
- How is Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) used to treat depression? To answer this question, we must first answer these other questions: What is electroconvulsive therapy? When depression is diagnosed, which patients are suitable for ECT and which for psychotherapy? If not all depressed patients will respond to ECT,
- It is said to be the most natural and instinctive means of relieving pain and discomfort. The roots of massage can be traced back to ancient civilizations. Many artifacts have been found to support the belief that prehistoric people massaged their muscles and even used some form of rubbing oils on their bodies.
- The Immunology of Aids Introduction Although HIV was first identified in 1983, studies of previously stored blood samples indicate that the virus entered the U.S. population sometime in the late 1970s. Worldwide, an estimated 27.9 million people had become HIV-infected through mid-1996, and 7.
- There are others such as ionization, which focuses on thinking positive instead of negative. But first, I will describe the reasoning behind the mind-body connection. Psychoneuroimmunology is the name for the study of the min-body connection, or PNI for short.
- This can be carried out using a number of vectors. Micro-injection is the use of a fine needle to inject DNA into the nucleus, electroporation is an electric pulse causing temporary holes in the membrane allowing the fine DNA strands to enter the cell.
- The logic and principles of medieval medicine shaped those of Modern medicine. Never was there a more efficient method perfected, so much that it remained through history through so many hundreds of years. Today?s concepts of diagnosis, relationships with the church, anatomy, surgery, hospitals and training, and public health were established in the Middle Ages.
- It has been used to treat stroke victims dealing with depression, used on children with autism, and with people who have suffered spinal injuries to help them walk again. It is not necessarily a cure for there ailments, it rather motivates their mind allowing other methods to be more successful.
- In this paper I will be discussing the two most prevalent models of health. These two models of health are not, of course, total opposites. Similar to terms such as gay and straight they are two definitive labels placed upon a broad spectrum that is hardly definitive.
- In this paper I have attempted to define both anorexia nervosa and bulimia. Psychologists and psychiatrists have formulated a three-prong approach to the treatment of these eating disorders. First is to focus on the immediate health crisis. Second is to develop a counseling regimen with the patient.
- Cancer is not a single disease. It includes a large group of varied disorders that share major traits. The first sign of cancer is an enlargement of the area. The tumor then infects other cells near it, and if it’s really advanced, these cells may break away from the tumor and spread the cancer throughout your body.
- Stress. Anxiety. Frustration. “All the things in my life are not going as they should be! Time is not on my side. There is no time for the things I have to do every day anymore!” Thoughts, such thoughts with anger go through my mind as I am driving my children to their sports club practices after a day of school.
- In our never-ending quest for happiness in our life, is some of the joy taken away? Have our thoughts for what we always want turned astray? Why has the quest for happiness left us more vulnerable and sad? Are we a society of melancholy people who are all looking for happiness and disappointed with what we find,
- Psychology is the very important perspective for human nature. It is very much important for the individual environment. ?Psychology is very much a product of the Western tradition. Whereas a new psychology of the year 2 contains both the eastern as well as the Western tradition?(Frey,04/06).