При наличии оптимальных сочетаний множества факторов один лимитирующий фактор может привести к угнетению и гибели организмов. Например, теплолюбивые р...полностью>>
Безопасность жизнедеятельности->Курсовая работа
Количество аварий техногенного характера в мире из года в год увеличивается. Считается, что количество таких аварий удваивается каждые 10 лет. На терр...полностью>>
Исследованиями прогноза возникновения и распространения лесных, степных и торфяных пожаров занимаются ученые во многих странах на протяжении уже более...полностью>>
Навчання з питань охорони праці Аналіз прогнозування та профілактика травматизму і професійних захворювань
На виробництві ці працівники проходять спеціальне навчання і перевірку знань з охорони праці залежно від специфіки виробництва з урахуванням вимог нор...полностью>>
- Marijuana is a drug that comes from a variety of common hemp known as cannabis indica. The much more potent hashish is also derived from the plant cannabis indica. What is sold on the street as marijuana, hemp, weed, pot, or bud are the dried leaves and the flowering tops of the plant.
- For the past 30 years there has been an issue throughout the United States on whether marijuana should be legalized. Supporters believe marijuana legalization would decrease drug-related crime while also posing a new drug for medicinal purposes. The opposition believes legalization would only increase crime as well as the number of hard-core drug addicts that result from initially using marijuana.
- Every year, 400, Americans die of complications caused by tobacco products. Smoking kills more Americans each year than alcohol, crack, heroin, murder, suicide, car accidents, fires, and AIDS all put together. Every week, eight children under the age of eighteen die from alcohol related crashes.
- Abraham Lincoln once said two quotes about prohibition, ?Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man?s appetite by legislation and makes crimes out of things that are not crimes,? and ?A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare both sides of the issue of legalizing marijuana. We have two factions fighting each other; one those who are pro marijuana and those who are anti marijuana. These two factions have been fighting on this issue for many, many years.
- America is the land of the free and the foundation of democracy. This countries foundation is based on the fact that an individual can enjoy freedom from oppression and the minority’s opinions can be heard along with the majority’s. Our government is designed to be fair and open minded, to be a servant to the people it governs.
- The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare both sides of the issue of legalizing marijuana. We have two opposite opinions fighting each other, those who are pro marijuana and those who are anti-marijuana. These two sides have been fighting on this issue for years.
- Many users describe two phases of marijuana intoxication: initial stimulation, giddiness, and euphoria, followed by sedation and pleasant tranquillity. Mood changes can often accompany altered perceptions of time and space and one’s bodily dimension.
- On November 5, 1996, Californians voiced their honest opinion. Californians voted yes on a very controversial proposition – proposition 215. This law allows doctors to prescribe marijuana to patients with diseases that have severe symptoms. For example, cancer patients that undergo chemo-therapy and suffer from severe nausea and aching can benefit from smoking marijuana.
- What this can’t be true, marijuana can’t be good for you it causes asthma and bronchitis. Oh wait I almost forgot thats just another misconception of marijuana in truth it is actually good for people suffering from asthma and bronchitis. Yeah right, this wonder of a drug isn’t only not bad for you, but it can actually promote good health.
- According to the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, approximately 5 Americans each day try marijuana for the first time. This is with the restrictions the United States government has on narcotics now. Imagine how many thousands of scenarios such as David s there could be if drugs were made readily available.
- It has been used as an intoxicant in various parts of the world for centuries and in the United States mostly in the 0th century. Marijuana was first described in print in a Chinese book of medicine, “Herbal,” in the nd century B.
- In ancient India marijuana was considered to be a gift from the gods. It was also believed to quicken the mind, prolong life, improve judgment, lower fevers, induce sleep and cure dysentery (Fougeres ). Marijuana was introduced to the United States sixty years ago when Mexican laborers came to America.
- Marijuana tends to mellow a person, while alcohol might make someone violent. Plus alcohol contrivutes to brain and liver damage. I can not say that I completely advocate the recreational uses of marijuana, but it nothing else there are definitely medicinal uses such as the treatment of glaucoma.
- Americans have been trying to legalize marijuana for years. It seems that all of their opinions divide into three basic groups. Many think that it is not worth legalizing marijuana, many seem to think it should be legalized, and a group of people say it should only be legalized for medicinal purposes.
- Marijuana originated in the middle east (Taiwan, Korea). China plays an important part in Marijuana’s history. Hoatho, the first chinese physician to use Cannabis for medical purposes as a painkiller and anesthetic for surgery. In the Ninth Century B.
- Marijuana is the most profitable and versatile plant in the world, yet it is illegal. Tobacco and alcohol have no medicinal values, but they are legal. Where as marijuana has thousands of positive uses and it is illegal. Marijuana should be made legal for its many positive therapeutic, environmental, and economic effects.
- The folk medicine of Africa and Asia have used it as an herbal preparation.
- Marijuana is a green, brown, or gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers of the hemp plant. You may hear marijuana called by street names such as pot, herb, weed, grass, boom, Mary Jane, gangster, or chronic. There are more than 200 slang terms for marijuana.
- One question that has haunted Americans for a long time is ?Should the use of marijuana be legalized?? Some say, ?Yes?, while others say, ?No?. Owning marijuana was made a criminal offence in 1937 when Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act. Even with this new law, people continued to use the drug.