An individuals social development begins in the very early years of life, even as early as the first few months. Social developmental learning is a ve...полностью>>
What has the world come to these days? It often seems as if wherever one looks, violence rears its ugly head. We see it in the streets of our communit...полностью>>
Is capital punishment just? The death penalty is a controversial issue for most people. Supporter?s claim that it eliminates repeat offenders, deters ...полностью>>
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- Over the past 18 months there has been wide-ranging public discussion on the potential medical uses of marijuana, particularly smoked marijuana. To contribute to the resolution of the debate, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a 2-day scientific meeting on February 19-20, 1997, to review the scientific data concerning the potential therapeutic uses for marijuana and the need for and feasibility of additional research.
- Description: Marijuana Legalization Body of Essay: Everybody Must Get Stoned? Pot. Weed. Dope. Marijuana has many names and slang terms associated with it, and many perceive it to be the most widely used illicit drug in this country. Music stars are thrown in jail for possession of it.
- Marijuana is a substance that has become very much a part of American culture. Nearly 65 million Americans have either used it occasionally or regularly. The use of marijuana hit mainstream America about thirty years ago and it has been accepted by a large segment of society ever since (Rosenthal 16).
- Marijuana, pot, Mary Jane, grass, weed, hash, hashish, dope, cannabis, sinsemilla, greens. When you hear these words, do you think of illegal substances or medical miracle-workers? Marijuana has been approved for medical use by prescription in at least three states.
- The idea that marijuana impairs short-term memory is true, but misleading. Any signs of short-term memory impairment vanish once the user is no longer intoxicated.
- This drug is bad and cause some side effect to your brain and body.Scientists have found smoking marijuana can cause you to loses your memory. Marijuana has many psychological and physical reaction. These reaction usually last for three to five hours after a person has smoked marijuana.
- Over 3 , people a year are arrested because of it in our country. It’s recreational usage boomed in the 1960’s and by the 1980’s one half of all college students had tried it. Once a simple plant, cannabis satria, or marijuana, has become one of the most controversial topics of the 20th century.
- Marijuana has been used as a drug since the beginning of time, yet there are still many mysteries about its health effects on humans. Marijuana, or cannabis sativa, is a preparation of the crushed flower or buds of the female hemp plant.
- Marijuana has many names: Dope, Marihuana, Ganja, Pot, Mary Jane, Cannabis Sativa (Scientific) to name a few Marijuana originated in the middle east (Taiwan, Korea). China plays an important part in Marijuana’s history. Hoatho, the first Chinese physician to use Cannabis for medical purposes as a painkiller and anesthetic for surgery.
- A major issue in our country today deals with a very controversial drug called marijuana. It s one of the oldest medicines in the world, but are the side effects worth the benefits? The drug itself is comes from the plant cannabis sativa. It is usually a green, brown, or grayish mixture of leaves, stems and buds, commonly taken in its smoked form.
- People have been using Marijuana as a medicine for thousands of years, beginning in China, India, and the Middle East. The plant’s therapeutic potential became known in Western countries during the nineteenth century.
- The decision to use marijuana is first and foremost a moral question. Drugs, in this case marijuana, is a moral assault on a person being, because they make a person less than what they should and can be, they degrade one s character, and systematically destroys everything a person cares about (Warren 1 ).
- The question of marijuana being legalized for medical purposes has been a very controversial issue for a long time. It’s been controversial for the reason of the bad track record that it has sustained over the years. Marijuana is considered to be a schedule one drug.
- Douglas Lamar Gray bought a pound of marijuana in a room at the Econo Lodge in Decatur, Alabama. He intended to keep a couple of ounces for himself and sell the rest to some of his friends. After paying $900 for the pot, Gray was arrested in a police sting operation.
- Marijuana, a plant with many uses, should be legalized for crime deflation, medicinal help and tax purposes. Marijuana is, in truth, no more harmful than currently sold alcohol and tobacco products in the U.
- Marijuana, the crude drug made from the leaves and flowering tops of the cannabis sativa plant, contains hundreds of active chemicals. Of the 421 chemicals identified in the plant, 70 are cannabinoids (chemicals found only in the marijuana plant and nowhere else in nature).
- Marijuana is the common name given to any drug preparation from the hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. Various forms of this drug are known by different names throughout the world, such as kif in Morocco, dagga in South Africa, and ganja in India. In Western culture, cannabis preparations have acquired a variety of slang names, including grass, pot, tea, reefer, weed, and Mary Jane.
- I have often wondered why the “War on Drugs” has not been very effective, in fact, it really has done nothing. Take for example marijuana. It is banned in any form of growth and use everywhere in the United States. Yet, this drug gets just as much use as alcohol.
- Marijuana is the most widely used drug in the world today. Is marijuana as dangerous as it is made out to be. A large variety of different people have many different opinions depending on their professions. Many doctors disagree with each other and the subject is one of their most controversial topics.