Most of the Africans who were captured lived in small villages in West Africa. A typical village takeover would occur early in the morning. An enemy t...полностью>>
Генри Норрис Расселл (Henry Norris Russell; 25 октября 1877, Ойстер-Бэй, штат Нью-Йорк, США — 18 февраля 1957, Принстон, Нью-Джерси, США) — американск...полностью>>
Педагогика->Отчет о прохождении практики
Школа має всі необхідні умови для проходження педагогічної практики. Існують добре обладнані кабінети географії та біології; бібліотека укомплектована...полностью>>
- Collective Soul, a 90 s based rock band, and the famously known poet Maya Angelou, have a statement to make on their thoughts and feelings. They are expressed in two different forms of poetry. Maya Angelou express them in contemporary poetry, while the rock group Collective Soul adds rhythm and a impressive beat to their lyrics.
- Maya Angelou?s work has been heavily affected by the era in which she began to write. The fifties and sixties was a tumultuous time for most African-Americans in the US. The civil-rights movement, led by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the National Urban League, Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Marin Luther King, Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Rosa Parks, E.B. DuBois and Thrugood Marshall are all names that bring to mind the struggle that Black America has been engaged in since the times of Abraham Lincoln. All of these people were eloquent speakers who had a great influence on the lives of every American.
- 20 Alvia J. Wardlaw, The Art of John Biggers: View From the Upper Room, with essays by Edmund Gaither, Alison de Lima Greene, and Robert Thompson. Harry Abrams, Inc., in association with the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Biographical information, from early childhood, through his schooling in Hampton, VA, to his move to Texas.
- Germany was in a very difficult position because much of Europe was at odds with it. Germany was prone to attack for two reasons, according to Barbara Tuchman. One reason is that it is geographically in the center of Europe and between its enemies.
- The result of prejudice stems from many complex mixtures of environmental factors, upbringing, media, economic status, and finally experiences. With this being stated, what is the main factor for prejudice, and what can we as a society do to overcome prejudice views? When prejudice is mentioned, one tends to think of white and black conflict, but prejudice views can also be held about women, age, religion, and other ethnic people.
- The Aztecs came from Azatlan. Huizilopochtli, the god of war, told the Aztecs to leave Azatlan and walk around until they saw an eagle on top of a cactus growing out of a rock and eating a snake. The Aztecs traveled many years to find the this and finally found it when they were at Lake Texcoco.
- In 1993, when Bill Clinton decided to invite a poet to read at his first inauguration ceremony – for the first time since John F. Kennedy invited Robert Frost in 1961 – he chose fellow Arkansas native Maya Angelou to write a poem celebrating the new beginning of his first presidency.
- ngelou, Maya (1928- ), American author, poet, and entertainer, best known for her portrayals of strong African American women. Born Marguerite Johnson in St. Louis, Missouri, Angelou spent most of her childhood living with her grandmother in rural Arkansas.
- “There were two cops. One said ‘You niggers have to learn to respect police officers.’ The other one said, ‘If you yell or make any noise, I will kill you.’ Then one held me and the other shoved the plunger up my behind. He pulled it out, shoved it in my mouth, broke my teeth and said, ‘That’s your shit, nigger.
- This is a gripping novel about the problem of European colonialism in Africa. The story relates the cultural collision that occurs when Christian English missionaries arrive among the Ibos of Nigeria, bringing along their European ways of life and religion.
- James Arthur Baldwin was born the first of nine children during 1924 in Harlem. His father, David, was a clergyman and a factory worker, and was the source of all of James Baldwin’s fears. Baldwin’s mother, Berdis, was a homemaker. Baldwin first started writing around age fourteen as a way of seeking the love which he was missing from his family life.
- What is a renaissance? A renaissance is a movement or period of vigorous artistic and intellectual activity. There was a famous renaissance in Europe during the transition from medieval times to modern times that is still taught today. There was, also, a not so well known renaissance that occurred in the United States from the 1920 s to the 1930 s in Manhattan.
- It was early evening on December 16, 1985. The sidewalks were jammed with people who had just flooded out of the many office buildings around East 46th Street between Second and Third Avenue.
- The period of compulsory education is from six to fifteen years of age. Although children are not obliged to start school until the age of six, 51 per cent of four-year-olds and almost all five-year-olds are enrolled in infant classes in primary schools.
- Scientific racism has been used to oppress, enslave and to justify torture. In my essay I will explore how scientific racism has been used to detriment the health of women of colour. Throughout history women of colour have been experimented upon, sexualized and reproductively abused with scientific racism as justification or the underlying premise for the thought behind this abuse.
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- La lexicologie peut être historique et descriptive, elle peut être orientée vers une ou plusieurs langues. La lexicologie historique envisage le développement du vocabulaire d'une langue dès origines jusqu 'à nos jours, autant dire qu'elle en fait une étude diachronique.
- В книге обсуждаются проблемы диагностики и индивидуального лечения расстройств личности методами когнитивной психотерапии Раскрыты влияние когнитивных схем на формирование расстройств личности; убеждения и установки, характеризующие каждое из этих нарушений; реконструкция, модификация и реинтерпретация схем В качестве иллюстраций приводятся описания случаев из клинической практики Книга адресована как специалистам, придерживающимся когнитивно-поведенческой традиции, так и всем психотерапевтам, стремящимся пополнить запас знаний и научиться новым методам работы с расстройствами личности