But those seem as seconds Love is in the air, As if I am having a lifetime affair He holds me Rubbing my body with care, As I know that this is true l...полностью>>
Teenagers everywhere have experienced an emotional bond with the characters Huckleberry Fin, Henry Fleming, and Holden Caulfield while reading The Adv...полностью>>
The film is set up firstly in Ohio (USA) and the last part in Miami (USA). The great star of this film is Cameron Diaz, that acts as Mary, a very pret...полностью>>
- On November 30, 1835, Samuel Langhorne Clemens was born in the town of Florida, Missouri. He had four siblings, three were older than him and one was younger. When Clemens was four, his family moved to the town of Hannibal, Missouri. Hannibal was a town located on the Mississippi river and would later become the setting for most of his stories (?Twain?).
- Samuel Langhorne Clemens, also know as Mark Twain, was born in 1835 and died in 1910 (Student Handbook 379). He is best known as an American humorist and for his realistic view of America in the nineteenth century through his novels and other stories.
- ?You don?t know about me, without you have read a book by the name of ?The Adventures of Tom Sawyer,? but that ain?t no matter. that book was made by Mr. Mark Twain, and he told the truth, mainly. There were things which he streched, but mainly he told the truth.
- The Gospel of Thomas is a collection of sayings attributed to Jesus of Nazareth. Unless it is merely a collection of materials that mainly were drawn out of the Biblical gospels, as seems unlikely for most if not all of Thomas\’ sayings, then Thomas is the most important historical source for knowledge of Jesus of Nazareth that exists outside of the Bible.
- He was never happy with the success and fame that writing had given him. He was skilled in taking financial risks that probably wouldn?t turn out. He was always seeking another source of income or a way to get rich.
- The spirit of Gurbani couplet, “The one Lord is the Father of all and we are the children of the one Lord rules supreme in every Sikh heart.” Charles Hugal, writes in his book, “Travels in Kashmir and Punjab”, that, “probably no person in the world could have established such a large empire with minimum bloodshed as Ranjit Singh has established his kingdom.
- The philosophy of socialism has gradually permeated the entire structure of society the world over and almost the only point in dispute is the pace and methods of advance to its full realization. India will have to go that way too if she seeks to end her poverty and inequality though she may evolve her own methods and may adopt the ideal suited to the genius of her race.
- The mysterious element plays a great role in the works of pre-romanticists. One of pre-romanticists was William Blake (1757 —1827), who in spite of his mysticism, wrote poems full of human feelings and sympathy for the oppressed people. Blake's effectiveness comes from the poetic "contrasts" and simple rhythms.
- Jack Kerouac spent his creative years writing in a prosperous post world war II America. He was in many ways a very patriotic person who had no problem making known his love for his country , particularly within his literature. It was, quite literally, America that he was in love with.
- Ireland has been inhabited since Stone Age times. For more than five thousand years peoples moving westwards across the European continent have settled in the country and each new group of immigrants, Celts, Vikings, Normans, English, has contributed to its present population.
- " Pinchos Zukofsky’s Orthodox faith was a tradition against which his son reacted early, but the figure of Zukofsky’s father would come to play an important role in the conception of the poet’s task he developed in the process of composing his long poem "A".
- There are three criteria that the military historian C. Sanders lists as principles for documentary historical proof: the bibliographical test, internal evidence test, and the external evidence test (McDowell 43).
- On June 17, 1972, five intruders were arrested at Washington’s Watergate hotel and apartment complex inside the office of the Democratic National Committee. The indictment of the burglars and the subsequent investigation of the break-in unraveled a web of political spying and sabotage, bribery, and the illegal use of campaign funds.
- From his earliest writings, Hume attacked both of these alleged avenues of religious truth. In the Treatise of Human Nature (1739-40), published when he was 7, Hume attacks natural religion arguing that our ideas reach no farther than our experience; since we have no experience of divine attributes and operations, then we can have no conception of divine attributes.
- To this shrewd advice we are indebted for the disappearance of such lines as: The white-armed Fresca blinks, and yawns, and gapes, Aroused from dreams of love and pleasant rapes. Electric summons of the busy bell Brings brisk Amanda to destroy the spell Leaving the bubbling beverage to cool, Fresca slips softly to the needful stool, Where the pathetic tale of Richardson Eases her labour till the deed is done .
- The English language has undergone immense changes over the years of its development from Old English to Modern English as it is known today.It has been shaped by a number of other languages over centuries.During the Old English period the English language,which was based on the dialectical of three Germanic tribes(Angles,Jutes,and Saxons),was already influenced by different invading armies like the Celts(Celtic),the Roman missionaries(Latin)and the Viking raiders(Old Norse).
- Although he was largely ignored by scholars in his own lifetime, his social, economic and political ideas gained rapid acceptance in the socialist movement after his death in 1883. Until quite recently almost half the population of the world lived under regimes that claim to be Marxist.
- And Being, but an Ear, And I, and Silence, some strange Race Wrecked, solitary, here - And then a Plank in Reason, broke, And I dropped down, and down - And hit a World, at every plunge, And Finished knowing – then - 10 Soul] written Soul 19 plunge,] Crash – 0 Finished] Got through – Division 3 till | 7 till | 9 them | 10 my] my | 11 of | 1 toll, || 13 were | 15 some | 17 in| 18 and | 19 every | PUBLICATION: Poems (189 ), 1 8, without the last stanza.
- Marx was educated from 1830 to 1835 at the high school in Trier.
- The next important work by George Orwell was published in 1930. It was called Down And Out In Paris And London. The original version of this book entiteled “A Scullion’s Diary” was completed in October 1930 and came to only 35, words because Orwell has used only a part of his material.