Один из самых ярких системных семейных психотерапевтов ХХ века, стоявший у истоков теории семейных систем - американский психиатр Мюррей Боуэн. М.Боуэ...полностью>>
Литература и русский язык->Краткое содержание
Автор: Чехов Антон.Семилетнего Пашку, страдающего от больного сустава, мать привела в больницу. Доктор оставил мальчика на стационаре, пообещав сводит...полностью>>
Финансовая отчетность должна достоверно отражать финансовое положение, финансовые результаты за отчетный период и движение денежных средств отчитывающ...полностью>>
- Marijuana is a drug made from the dried leaves of the Hemp plant. Marijuana is also known as cannabis, which comes from the scientific name of the Hemp plant or Cannabis sativa. These dried leaves are usually smoked in rolled cigarettes or pipes to achieve a psychological feeling of euphoria or well-being.
- Marijuana (also spelled marihuana) is a psychoactive drug made from the dried leaves and flowering parts of the hemp plant. It is one of the most strictly classified illegal drugs in the United States. Under the 1970 Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is listed as a Schedule I substance, which defines it as having ?a high potential for abuse? and ?no currently accepted medical use.
- The topic of marijuana use is very broad and has an intricate effect on society as a whole, however, for the purpose of this paper; the literature review is based on facts covering a brief overview of the existence, use, and effect of marijuana. The history of the Cannabis plant and the outcomes associated with the use and abuse of marijuana is the major focus of this paper.
- Over the past 18 months there has been wide-ranging public discussion on the potential medical uses of marijuana, particularly smoked marijuana. To contribute to the resolution of the debate, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a 2-day scientific meeting on February 19-20, 1997, to review the scientific data concerning the potential therapeutic uses for marijuana and the need for and feasibility of additional research.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- For many years, the United States government has prohibited some drugs, such as marijuana, from being sold in the marketplace. Yet, even with prohibition, marijuana use has only decreased minimally. Because of its illegality, only the bad aspects of marijuana use have been made known.
- Marijuana has been used as a drug since the beginning of time, yet there are still many mysteries about its health effects on humans. Marijuana, or cannabis sativa, is a preparation of the crushed flower or buds of the female hemp plant.
- Marijuana legalization would prove to be beneficial in a number of areas. The first bonus to legalizing Marijuana is its medical uses. Marijuana stimulates the immune system and serves as a cure for glaucoma. Marijuana helps people with AIDS retain and eat food.
- The idea that marijuana impairs short-term memory is true, but misleading. Any signs of short-term memory impairment vanish once the user is no longer intoxicated.
- Marijuana, the crude drug made from the leaves and flowering tops of the cannabis sativa plant, contains hundreds of active chemicals. Of the 421 chemicals identified in the plant, 70 are cannabinoids (chemicals found only in the marijuana plant and nowhere else in nature).
- The decision to use marijuana is first and foremost a moral question. Drugs, in this case marijuana, is a moral assault on a person being, because they make a person less than what they should and can be, they degrade one s character, and systematically destroys everything a person cares about (Warren 1 ).
- Outline Thesis statement: Marijuana has many benefits which need to be addressed and can only be utilized if it becomes legal.MARJUANA: IS IT SAFE ENOUGH TO BE LEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES?I. Introduction A. Statistics B Thesis statementII. History A. First recorded medical use by emperor Shen-nung in 2737 BC B.
- Drugs are quite present in our society, and the United States drug policy has not deferred drug trafficking to the point where it is beneficial. Drug laws have created corruption, violence, increased street crime, and disrespect for the criminal justice system.
- A huge amount of Americans are currently being arrested and sentenced for defying an unjustly created law. These Americans suffer from overly harsh penalties and may even be sentenced to death just for relaxing in ways similar to how many Americans drink a beer to relax.
- Marijuana or marihuana (either spelling is correct) has been cultivated since antiquity and until lately it has grown less for mind-altering use than for industrial, medicinal, and other purposes Possessing scores of varieties, it is produced and used in a widely varying climes and cultures throughout the world “Marijuana is not a simple drug but a mixture of at least 426 compounds including at least 62 cannabioids” (Jones,3) Few of these compounds have been studied for their bodily actions nor for interactions with other compounds in the drug The complexity of its chemistry limited the study
- Marijuana has had a relationship with mankind throughout history all over the world The amazing plant has brought mankind food, clothing, fuel, medicine, building materials, and has the ability to affect our perception and views of the world According to Rowan Robinson (1996), the marijuana plant, also called hemp, has been found in forms of rope and cloth in the oldest tombs, was written about as a healer in the earliest medical texts, was used for sails for the first explorers’ ships, and was used to make the paper that the United States Constitution and Declaration of Independence were writ
- This paper is to enlighten those who want to learn about marijuana and to hopefully leave them with the thought that it should be legal once again. Marijuana s makeup, effects, and history are told along with how it was used back in the ancient days for entertainment and medicinal use.
- marijuana, from being sold in the marketplace. Yet, even with prohibition, marijuana use has only decreased minimally. Because of its illegality, only the bad aspects of marijuana use have been made known. However, there are many positive aspects of marijuana legalization, including its application concerning medical cures.
- Marijuana is a substance that has become very much a part of American culture. Nearly 65 million Americans have either used it occasionally or regularly. The use of marijuana hit mainstream America about thirty years ago and it has been accepted by a large segment of society ever since (Rosenthal 16).
- Marijuana is a green, brown, or gray mixture of dried, shredded leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers of the hemp plant. You may hear marijuana called by street names such as pot, herb, weed, grass, boom, Mary Jane, gangster, or chronic.