This great band had small beginnings, however. On October 9, 1940, John Winston Lennon was born in Liverpool, England. He was raised by his aunt Mimi ...полностью>>
For a short story to be effective, it must be able to produce high levels of intensity, emotion and drama. To do this, it must convey a great deal of ...полностью>>
She wanted freedom from worry about where her next meal would come from, or how she would pay for a new dress. Lena began her journey to wealth by bec...полностью>>
- Lysergic Acid Diethylamide-25, better known as LSD, is the most powerful hallucinogenic drug known today, and is also one of the most commonly abused. This is due primarily to its extreme potency and cheapness. A Schedule One drug in the U.S., it is highly illegal, and possession of LSD can result in a fine of $1, .
- A Swiss chemist named Dr. Albert Hoffman first produced lysergic acid Diethylmide or best known as LSD in 1938 (Dye, 1992, p. 2). Hoffman discovered the drug while trying to synthesize a new drug for the treatment of headaches. He obtained the lysergic acid from the parasitic fungus that grows on rye plants known as ergot.
- Despite the negative portrayal in mainstream 1960s media, justifications expressed by counterculture activists for further investigation, education and experimentation under government control of LSD were rational and valid arguments. Sex, drugs, protests, war, political upheaval, cultural chaos, and social rebellion; the many comforts TV dinner eating, republican voting, church going, suburbia conformists tried to escape through conservative ideals, town meetings, and The Andy Williams Family Hour.
- Drug abuse in America is a major problem. Especially among teenagers. Drugs have hurt the lives of nearly 40 percent of all teenagers in America. Either with health problems, DWIs, highway crashes, arrests, impaired school and job performance. These drugs that teenagers use range from Alcohol, LSD, Marijuana, and even Cigarettes.
- The seratonin uptake inhibitors (SSRIS), Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft have become the latest soultion to cure peoples depression. In the pharmacutical companies publications for these miracle pills, it appeared that anyone with a disliked personality quirk could obtain these drugs and fix their personality.
- Hence, only time can sober someone up. Coffee, cold showers, or exercise do not work. The warm glow of disinhibition, “letting go” is a major desired effect of alcohol.
- D-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide – 25 (LSD), is the most potent of the hallucinogenic drugs(Dye,1992). Since the 1960 s, LSD has been associated with everything from politics to popular culture. This report will discuss the scientific and social phenomena that is LSD, as well as the drug s supposed mind expanding abilities and adverse effects.
- The Grateful Dead, the most popular so called underground band of all time. This band has underwent many changes, some good and others bad throughout their thirty or so years of performing. I plan to prove that a band that has remained together for thirty plus years isn?t as easy as many would assume.
- The term drug abuse most often refers to the use of a drug with such frequency that it causes physical or mental harm to the user or impairs social functioning Although the term seems to imply that users abuse the drugs they take, in fact, it is themselves or others they abuse by using drugs
- As the 1950’s rolled along and the 1960’s came into effect, the world was thrown into a topspin that would soon define every generation of youths. As the trends changed and the music got more complex a deeper metamorphosis was taking place inside every city and every person.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- There is one person I know that has been addicted to psychoactive drugs. He was addicted to LSD and Cocaine. He spent about a year and a half snorting cocaine and taking hits of LSD. For one whole year he didn’t go one day without snorting cocaine. It would depend on the mood he was in to decide which drug he would consume that day, or if he wanted to take both of them all at once.
- Joel Rosenman woke up on Friday, August 15, 1969, at 6:00 A.M. This was the first day of what is now known as the most famous rock festival in history, the Woodstock Music and Art Fair. Joel, along with John Roberts, Artie Kornfeld, and Michael Lang, created Woodstock.
- In the year 1998, there were approximately 1.2 million ecstasy pills coming into the United States which increased ten fold by the year 1 , bringing in 12.1 million tablets. It is the most widely used drug next to marijuana among young adults and dominates the rave and club scene.
- Aldous Leonard Huxley was born on July 26, 1894, at Godalming, in the county of Surrey. As a young boy, Aldous was quite docile and usually kept to himself. He had an unusually large head for his size, and his family nicknamed him “Ogie,” as in Ogre. His brother Julian once said, “He sat quiet most of the time, contemplating the strangeness of things.
- Marijuana is a plant, cannabis sativa, that contains a protein tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. THC which is the most activating ingredient of the four hundred chemicals in marijuana causing the intoxicating effect. Marijuana is a drug that is usually smoked as a cigarette, which is commonly called a joint or nail, and can also be smoked in a pipe or bong.
- Thinking in the philosophical terms of “good” and “evil,” nothing purely “good” can survive without the slightest taint of “evil,” and vice-versa. The same standard exists for everything. Just as you cannot always succeed by being purely honest, a government cannot hold itself together without committing it’s own personal rights and wrongs.
- The use of marijuana for medicinal purposes is an extremely controversial subject. There are many supporters, as well as many that are in opposition to the use of marijuana in any situation. Parties on both sides of the issue are regularly bringing forth new information to endorse their case.
- The following consists of pure cannabis resin. Marijuana is not a narcotic and is not mentally or physically addicting drug. One can use mild cannabis preparations such as marijuana in small amounts for years without physical or mental deterioration.
- After killing a leader of this movement in self defence, Manson grew scared on the promise of revenge from the Black Panthers. Scared, Manson ordered his followers to practice guerrilla tactics and they did so, without question.