I feel it is very important to take care of yourself and a true responsibility to strive to be healthy. It is certainly something very personal, and t...полностью>>
Other people believe that violence stems from the breakdown of basic family values at home. Whatever philosophy you are inclined to believe, it is obv...полностью>>
In essence, the main premise of human existence is satisfying yourself; at every level down to your basic foundation. We fight to make our own lives b...полностью>>
The Development of the Television Television, our link to the changing world around us. Once thought to be just a passing phase through a quickly adva...полностью>>
- and yet still lost you see a relative, you see a saint this beautiful sight makes you faint love is overwhelming, fear is out of sight you squeeze your loved ones, you hold them tight then everything suddenly begins to fade you find yourself in
- Under-privileged, African-American boys are more prevalent in today’s society than the typical person would like to recognize or admit. These boys seem to be faced with an ideal in which they need to follow or conform to as any and all cultures have. However, the problem is that for these boys, this ideal or way of living is believed to be met.
- The Book Immigrant Voices by Thomas Dublin is focused on giving readers a close view of what things were like for immigrants between the years of 1773-1986. It contains diaries, letters, autobiographies, and interviews of actual immigrants during this time period.
- Prophet Muhammad (s) was born in 570 CE in Mecca. His father, Abdullah, died several weeks before his birth in Yathrib (Medinah) where he went to visit his father’s maternal relatives. His mother, Aminah, died while on the return journey from Medina at a place called Abwa when Muhammad (s) was six years old.
- He is a picture of what the Holy Quran portrays of a good Christian: "…And nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say: ‘We are Christians’: because among these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world.
- The basic astrological assumptions are not hard to grasp. For if astronomy is the study of the movements of the heavenly bodies, then astrology is the study of the effects of those movements. The astronomers of the ancient world assumed a division of the universe whereby the superior, immutable bodies of the celestial worlds ruled over the terrestrial or sublunary sphere, where all was mortality and change.
- Shy and reluctant I replied to his question, Unaware of his dreaded next suggestion. A date was in the making, what should I do? He was so old and I was so new. New in high school and new with guys, What have I done? this choice wasn?t wise! I stand in the mirror for hours each day, Preparing what to wear and what to say.
- The mind and body are so completely connected that physical activities such as yoga and dance have healthful effects not only on the body but also on mental ailments such as depression and anxiety. Conversely, mental approaches such as hypnosis and imagery benefit physical problems such as hypertension and immune deficiency.
- I have always been interested in the impressionist style of art, especially the work of Claude Monet. When making my book selection I took this under consideration and chose a book written by Raymond Cogniat entitled Monet and His World. This lively illustrated book is written with great detail.
- History has recorded that England and China used ceramic ware to drink their tea and those records go into great detail, showing contrasts and similarities between each culture’s ceramics. The vast ideological differences between England and China show how social, political and ritualistic issues were reflected in the developments and changes made to the ware visually, as well as its functionality.
- The Beowulf manuscript survives in one codex, the British Museum MS. Cotton Vitellius A. XV. In 1731 the codex was scorched, damaging the last two thousand lines of the poem. The manuscript itself seems to be scribed by two different monks, the first scribing the first two thirds of the poem and the second abruptly taking over for the last third.
- People, who need to illustrate things in literature so that others will comprehend them more easily, use imagery, as imagery helps to convey sincere meaning. In the novel Heart of Darkness and the movie Apocalypse Now, there is a real contrast among what is light and what is dark.
- Imagine the time just after the death of Socrates. The people of Athens were filled with questions about the final judgment of this well-known, long-time citizen of Athens. Socrates was accused at the end of his life of impiety and corruption of youth.
- Man Against Darkness is an essay written by W.T. Stace. He presents the philosophical background for the existential stance of the modern world. He tries to explain why religion no longer plays an important part in the modern world and what causes people to lose faith in religion.
- Everything in the world around us is made up of particles. These particles can be placed into two categories called bosons and fermions. Bosons are particles that have integer spin values, such as 1, 2, 3 and so on.3 Examples of bosons are photons, which are quantum of electromagnetic radiation, phonons, which are quantum of vibrational energy, and most atoms.
- Of all the topics that are currently occupying the attention of philosophers, the Mind-Body problem is at center stage. It is one of the classical metaphysical issues concerning the relationship between that which is mental and that which is physical.
- At the start of spring in the year 1846 an appealing advertisement appeared in the Springfield, Illinois, Gazette. ”Westward ho,” it declared. ”Who wants to go to California without costing them anything? As many as eight young men of good character who can drive an ox team will be accommodated.
- They defeat the monster and come out the conquering hero, never forgetting the memory of their battle.
- AugustineNoverim te, noverim me: “I would know you [God], I would know myself.” Augustine wrote these words in one of his earliest works, but they retained their force throughout his lifetime. The irrefutable solipsism of self confronted with the absolute reality of God, the wholly other: all of Augustine’s thought moves between those two poles.
- According to Goethe, “We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.” Despite the hyperbolic nature of Goethe’s statement, it holds some truth. Because of this element of truth, society looks to psychoanalysis as an important tool for understanding human nature.