Принятие решения в большинстве случаев заключается в генерации всех возможных альтернатив, их оценке и выборе лучшей среди них. Принять "правильное" ...полностью>>
Однозначное краткое определение этому явлению дать достаточно сложно. Географическая информационная система (ГИС) - это возможность нового взгляда на ...полностью>>
В 1989 году гипертекст представлял новую многообещающую технологию, которая имела относительно большое число реализаций, с одной стороны, а с другой с...полностью>>
- The United States Constitution has been the bedrock for the longest lasting government in all history. Why is it that our constitution still exists after more than two hundred years? Is it the incredible minds of those that framed it, or is it something else?
- As countless people in a third world country fall to the ravages of poverty and disease, a single woman fights to make a difference. Living a spartan life, through conditions far from humane, she helps those who are poor, suffering and sick, with total disregard for her own personal comfort.
- In nature, there are many amazing and bizarre acts. Take, for example, the Preying Mantis. The Preying Mantis is a relatively large insect that performs a most barbaric act: after the docile and exquisite female mates with her aggressive and overpowering male counterpart, she eats him.
- The Agony and the Ecstacy depicts Michelangelo?s struggle to become the embodiment of Renaissance humanism. In the course of the novel Michelangelo must overcome the interference of his family, religious dogma, political intrigue, papal patronage, military campaigns, and artistic jealousy to realize his artistic ambition.
- Patroclus is the aid to Achilles and his closest confidant. He is an excellent complement to Achilles. They hold dear the same principles and possess the same attributes. Although Achilles? skills are greater, Patroclus is a much greater hero and man than Achilles is.
- Sarpedon speaks this passage to Glaukos, why Sarpedon was chosen to speak these words might be because he was the result of one of Zeus? many affairs. Sarpedon?s courage is also mentioned in line 104 of book twelve, which helps to support his words in this passage.
- T.S. Eliot wrote The Waste Land using a different type of poetry style and organization than was typical at the time. It follows the flow of its own themes, jumping from time to time and place to place as quickly as a thought comes and goes. Eliot uses opposites juxtaposed with each other without transfer to emphasize his themes.
- In The Stranger, Albert Camus portrays Meursault, the book’s narrator and main character, as aloof, detached, and unemotional. He does not think much about events or their consequences, nor does he express much feeling in relationships or during emotional times.
- On his graduation day, he delivers a speech preaching humility and submission as the key to the advancement of black Americans. The speech is such a success that the town arranges to have him deliver it at a gathering of the community’s leading white citizens.
- The book begins with Biblo Baggins enjoying a pipe after breakfast. This is one of his favorite pleasures and he feels quite content in doing so. He is middle-aged, and resides in a burrow in the ground. One morning Gandalf, a wizard stops by to talk with Biblo.
- Back in the 1950’s, when insecurity permeated the air, and people were ruled by fear, Arthur Miller wrote a play, which defined the line between insecurity and fear. The Crucible was a remade story of the carnal Salem Witch trials, in which many innocent victims lost their lives.
- The setting of the Hobbit is quite broad. The basic general setting is just a make believe or fantasy land. The scenery is basically like a whole Dungeons and Dragons novel. 1. It has the dragon and or evil beast(s) that will take over the kingdom if a hero doesn t come along.
- CHARACTER INTRODUCTION BILBO BAGGINS: The Hobbit who led the Dwarves to the Lonely Mountain to reclaim their treasure from the dragon Smaug. He found the One Ring in Gollum’s cave. GANDALF: The Wizard that accompanies Bilbo and the dwarves on their quest.
- I choose the word clarity for this OED Essay. It seemed to fit rather well and piqued my interest as well. After reading the poem, I began to wonder what different meanings there were for this word. The author could have intended a less obvious meaning for the word clarities.
- Achilles fills with rage, but Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, calms both men down so that they do not fight with swords. Instead they argue, and Achilles withdraws from the Greek camp, refusing to fight until Agamemnon apologizes. Meanwhile, on Olympus, the home of the gods, the gods are taking sides in the conflict.
- light, poetry, and music; on the Trojans’ side Zeus supreme god and king of Olympos Poseidon younger brother of Zeus; god of sea Chryseis and Briseis who were captured during a raid in Troy are awarded as ?war prizes’ to Agamemnon and Achilles.
- Tony Soprano tries to be a good family man on two fronts — to his wife, kids and widowed mother — and as a capo in the New Jersey mob. The pressures of work and family life gave him anxiety attacks so Tony started seeing a psychiatrist which is not the kind of thing a guy advertises in the circles Tony moves in — it could get him killed — so he kept it to himself.
- Roy begins the story on a train heading to Chicago and immediately falls into trouble with the new city life. He defeats a baseball giant, ?The Whammer? and instantly has the fame of a major league baseball player. In his glory, he charms a woman, Harriet Bird, who he had an eye on the whole trip.
- When I first read “The Necklace” I hated it, and hated the author for writing such a mean little story. I was surprised that my ninth grade classmates liked it. When I reread the story in English 113, I again disliked it, and was again surprised that anyone could like such a story.
- How Sun Light Effects Growth of Morning Glories Description of Morning Glory s (background)The Morning Glory (Ipomoea purpurea) family is Convolvulaceae, it contains 1200 species of herbaceous plants. Morning Glories are an outdoor plant. They received their name by their growth.