Executive Summary Brazil is a large country with a large population. The natural resources that Brazil possesses are some of the richest in the world....полностью>>
Patrick Henry and Jonathan Edwards are both spectacular speakers and have the ability to influence a crowd. Henry uses his ability of persuasion to sw...полностью>>
“Let us contemplate out forefathers, and posterity, and resolve to maintain the rights bequeathed to us from the former, for the sake of the latter. T...полностью>>
Thus, a customary role in society and to the outlooks of others is portrayed. Orsino sees Cesario, as a young squire just starting out in the world, m...полностью>>
- The first thing that I noticed, which you might notice also, when I started reading Lysistrata was the very informal style of writing The second thing I noticed was the strong presence of female authority rivaling against the age old male chavinism of most of the early cultures including the Greeks Even though the Greeks did acknowledge the women in society more than, for example, the Romans, the Greek society was still on the large part male dominated
- |We can force our husbands to negotiate Peace, Ladies, by exercising steadfast Self Control- By Total Abstinence…….Total Abstinence from SEX!X (Aristophanes,24). A band of women coming together to force peace. Taking on the initiative to get their husbands back home.
- Throughout history, across the world, women have not had the same political or civil rights as men; as a result of this inequality, women have had little representation in the literary world. Ancient Greece, specifically ancient Athens, exists as one of the few literary exceptions to the centuries long, worldwide disregard of women.
- Ah, the joys of living life as a woman in Ancient Greece. Being able to walk down the street holding your head high with pride as men approach you inquiring your philosophical views of life and politics. Lady Marmalaide strumming from an anonymous harp as you stroll down the corridor.
- Billy does this by putting the events of his life in perspective. He reorganizes his life so that all of it occurs within the context of his days in Europe during the war.
- Listen, my lords. You have fastened on the house, in the long absence of its master, as the scene of your perpetual feasts, and you could offer no better pretext for you conduct than you wish to win my hand in marriage. That being the prize, come forward now, my gallant lords; for I challenge you to try your skill on the great bow of King Odysseus.
- Much controversy continues over Socrates’s attitude towards democracy. I.F. Stone, embarrassed that the first democracy should have killed a man for exercising freedom of speech and freedom of religion, attempted to justify this by going after Socrates as an enemy of democracy (The Trial of Socrates); but since Stone was busy defending Josef Stalin back in the Thirties, and even wrote a book in 1952, the Hidden History of the Korean War, defending the communist invasion of South Korea, his own democratic credentials are suspect.
- In times of struggle and hardship, people are constantly looking for ways to escape their reality. They have found release from their stress in practices such as exercise, therapy, and meditation. In the ancient times of Greece and Rome, life for the citizens was strict and sometimes harsh.
- At first, they shudder and withdraw and refuse until, with the help of the women from Sparta and Thebes, they are impelled to agree. The women seize the Acropolis from which Athens is funding the war.