Родился в Глухове в 1747 году и обучался сначала в доме своих родителей, а потом в Киевской академии, где и выказались его блестящие способности. С 17...полностью>>
Сегодня в нашей стране наблюдается рост интереса к отечественной истории. Кто-то увлечённо следит за дискуссиями историков на канале «365», кто-то пер...полностью>>
Сельское хозяйство постоянно подвержено воздействию стихийных сил природы, поэтому сельскохозяйственное страхование достаточно распространено. Оно вкл...полностью>>
- Can we really say we know what a hard life is? The character Fantine in Les Miserables definitely had a hard life, with no breaks. She had a daughter who she adored and never got to see. She worked most of her life and always lived in poverty. Death came upon Fantine while she was in the hospital wishing only to see her child.
- Then in the time when he couldn’t be more down a priest invites Valjean to stay with him. Despite the kind priest taking him in and feeding him, Valjean decides to take the silver from the table. In the run he gets captured be the police.
- From the dusk of dawn till the end of time, evil and good will always exist in the finding of one s self. Les Miserables foretells the compelling race between good and evil in a early eighteenth century France. Passionately and purely, Victor Hugo poured his soul into the making of Les Miserables where humanity is the key, history is the making, and all strive for human dignity.
- This becomes very evident as one begins to study the international cola wars. The domestic cola war between Coca-Cola and Pepsi is still raging. However, the two soft-drink giants also recognize that opportunities for growth in many of the mature markets have slowed.
- ?It is precisely of him that I wished to speak. Dispose of me as you please; but help me first to carry him home. I only ask that of you.? Upon examination of Les Miserables, it is clearly evident that the elements of Forgiveness, Self ? Sacrifice, and Courage are only a few of the main themes Hugo wanted to develop.
- In April of 1969, Afeni (Alice Faye Walker), and 20 other members of the New York Black Panthers were arrested and charged with felonies, including conspiracy to bomb police stations and department stores in New York City and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens.
- Les Miserables known in English as “The Terrible” is a musical portrayal of the French Revolution. It is a musical tragedy, which served as a major powerhouse competitor for Andrew Lloyd Weber musicals in the early eighties and nineties. When first debuting on Broadway in 1987 it traveled a long hard road to compete with musicals of the decade.
- My name is H. Cornelius Richards. I am sure you have heard of me, so I will dispense with the pleasantries. I have a rather unusual problem. Of late, I have begun to suspect that a member of my household is working for my imminent demise. To put it in colloquial terms that I am sure you will understand, Mister Crozier, I have reason to believe that someone is plotting against my life.
- That auspicious autumn in 1786 was Thomas Jefferson’s third in Paris and his fifth as a widower. Still vigorous at forty-three, Jefferson lead an active and inquisitive life, walking and riding daily. One afternoon in August he and his friend John Trumbull, the painter, went to view an architectural dome whose design he might use back in Virginia.
- If there is truly tradition to be found among the great theatres both on and off Broadway, then certainly the Sullivan Street Playhouse and its long running production of The Fantasticks rates as one of the most celebrated of New York theatrical traditions.
- LIFE AND TIMES William Schwenk Gilbert was born in London on the 18th of November 1836. During his youth, Gilbert toured Europe with his parents and his 3 sisters, returning back to Europe in the year 1849. He settled down and went to school at the Great Ealing School.
- Throughout many centuries we have seen numerous revolutions take place all over the world, take for example in France, Cuba, and Japan. A revolution by definition is a cycle of phenomena or time, a great upheaval and a complete and radical change. Whether the need for change is political or economic, fundamentally, all revolutions are similar.
- Song of Solomon takes place in early 1900’s America where a young man grows up in a family rich with money, but lacking emotion. This young man leaves his family searching for gold, but instead solves the mysteries of his past, unlocks his inner secrets and gains self-knowledge.
- When we see a movie it is difficult to notice the work and effort that the cast puts in. The same applies to a TV show, or music video. This is because hundreds of hours have been put into editing, cutting, and buffing clips and scenes of the film. As a result, the finish product is flawless to the audience.
- Cole Porter’s name derives from the surnames of his parents, Kate Cole and Sam Porter. Kate’s father, James Omar (known as J. O.), was an influential man both in the community and in Cole’s early life. J.O. started from humble beginnings as son of a shoemaker, but his business savvy and strong work ethic made him the richest man in Indiana.
- The American college dictionary defines success as 1. The favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or endeavors, 2. The gaining of wealth, possessions, or the like. This has been the general seances for the past hundred years or more. But in more modern days the prospective of success has changed slightly.
- Фразеологизм употребляется как некоторое целое, не подлежащее дальнейшему разложению и обычно не допускающее внутри себя перестановки своих частей. Семантическая слитность фразеологизмов может варьировать в достаточно широких пределах: от невыводимости значения фразеологизма из составляющих его слов во фразеологических сращениях (идиомах) до фразеологических сочетаний со смыслом, вытекающим из значений составляющих сочетания.
- ACTUS PURUS (лат. – чистое действие) — тождество бытия и действия, действительность без потенциальности и пассивности. Это понятие идет от Аристотеля и употреблялось схоластами для определения Бога: Бог есть все, чем он может быть, и ни одна из его возможностей не остается неосуществленной.