Сравнительный анализ процессов становления человечества и развития природы позволяет отметить признаки совпадения этапов антропогенеза и материальной ...полностью>>
В России охране природы и животного мира уделялось внимание с давних пор В XIV–XVII веках появился ряд царских указов об ограничительных мерах, касающ...полностью>>
Широкий, постоянно возрастающий ассортимент опасных отходов производства ставит пред руководящими органами задачу обезвреживания, утилизации либо пере...полностью>>
- To begin, marijuana has been proven to burn the chemicals in the brain which relate to thinking habits and patterns, self esteem, and relationship traits. John Weber, author of High Times magazine that promotes marijuana, says that even though marijuana can be used to make manufactured materials and to help slow the spreading of the aids virus, the drug still has the ability to negatively alter the way the brain functions.
- I have often wondered why the “War on Drugs” has not been very effective, in fact, it really has done nothing. Take for example marijuana. It is banned in any form of growth and use everywhere in the United States. Yet, this drug gets just as much use as alcohol.
- The third largest agricultural good in the nation and a ten billion-dollar industry has nothing to do with the agriculture we are use to. This good is Marijuana, an illegal drug. It is “the most widely used illicit drug in America” n(Gold v). In Florida alone, marijuana sales are greater than all businesses except tourism (Gold v).
- During the Carter, Reagan, and Bush administrations, eight people in the United States were allowed to use marijuana for medicinal purposes under the Compassionate Investigative New Drug program. However, since the Clinton administration no new applications have been accepted.
- The question of marijuana being legalized for medical purposes has been a very controversial issue for a long time. It’s been controversial for the reason of the bad track record that it has sustained over the years. Marijuana is considered to be a schedule one drug.
- Although, legalization will increase use of the drug. However, many supporters of continuing the illegalization of drugs believe that by legalizing drugs they will become more accessible and use will therefore increase.
- The methods used by the government to stop drug abuse aren t working . All they are doing is creating a black market for weed and other drugs.
- Without the compulsive gambler, there would be no Las Vegas, no Off Track Wagering. Two thirds of the race tracks in America would close. The attendance of sporting events would drop 50%, and T.V. wouldn’t bother with sports beyond championship events….
- A major issue in our country today deals with a very controversial drug called marijuana. It s one of the oldest medicines in the world, but are the side effects worth the benefits? The drug itself is comes from the plant cannabis sativa. It is usually a green, brown, or grayish mixture of leaves, stems and buds, commonly taken in its smoked form.
- According to the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML) Presently, law enforcement arrests a marijuana smoker every 45 seconds in America at a tremendous cost to society. The marijuana issue often times goes in many directions such as legalization, decriminalization, and prohibition.
- The AMA also states that the drug is better in your lungs than Tabacco in the way that it does less damage because people smoke it less to get the effects needed. They also say that you still shouldn’t smoke it and it would be healthier to ingest the drug.
- Karl Marx was born in 1818, in Germany. During his education he was greatly influenced by the social philosophers such as Hegel, Feuerbach and Hess. He earned his Ph.D. degree at Jena in 1841. By 1942 he became the editor of the Rheinische Zeitung, but his commentary calling for radical reforms led to its banning in 1843.
- Cannabis has been one of the most controversial and most misunderstood genus of the plant kingdom. Used for a number of things including clothing, paper, fuel, food, and medicine, marijuana seems to be a wonder crop. However in 1937 due to some of its medical and chemical properties, U.
- The issue I would like to bring up is the legalization of medical and/or recreational marijuana. I feel this would be beneficial to most everyone, both users and non-users. Marijuana has been proven to help a great deal for glaucoma sufferers as stated in the Hallucinogenic Encyclopedia.
- Marijuana is a drug made from the dried leaves of the Hemp plant. Marijuana is also known as cannabis, which comes from the scientific name of the Hemp plant or Cannabis sativa. These dried leaves are usually smoked in rolled cigarettes or pipes to achieve a psychological feeling of euphoria or well-being.
- The three sources: Traffic, Legalizing Drugs Make Matters Worse, and Legalization Madness all has the same thing in common. They all lean to the side that drugs are a problem and legalizing them would only make things worse. There are people that argue that the best way to solve the problem of drugs is simply by making drugs legal.
- For many years the legalization of marijuana has been debated all over the world The use of marijuana has been used for recreation and medicinal purposes for thousands of years The hemp plant, the source of the drug hashish, is one of the commonest weeds in the world There is little danger that it will seriously promote the drug habit Fear of its abuse has been expressed in various localities where the plant has been discovered growing Hemp has been in this country for many years, having been introduced as a plant grown for fiber or oil and afterward having escaped and become thoroughly natura
- If drugs become legal business will dramaticly rise. For example, a very powerful Colombian drug organization known as the Cali mafia used to dominate the international cocaine markets which is good for the economies employment. “Chambers Brothers netted between $1million and $3million every single day”(Terkel, Neiburg; pg.
- The result of drug abuse is thousands of addicts in denial. The good news is the United States had 25,618 total arrests and 81,762 drug seizures due to drugs in 1989 alone, but the bad news is the numbers of prisoners have increased
- In ancient India marijuana was considered to be a gift from the gods. It was also believed to quicken the mind, prolong life, improve judgment, lower fevers, induce sleep and cure dysentery (Fougeres ). Marijuana was introduced to the United States sixty years ago when Mexican laborers came to America.