Sarah PelletierCollege WritingRough Draft Factory Farms: A Cruel Depiction of America s Food Industry There is no happy little farmer milking his cow ...полностью>>
The scarlet symbol of ignominy may have defiled Hester’s public image, yet it has been a benefit rather than a bane to her soul, for by admitting her ...полностью>>
AlcoholismApril 30, 2001According to Alcohol And You, We live in a society that drinks heavily, and teens are influenced by this. Living with an alcoh...полностью>>
Why did this all have to happen to me? I was such a happy person at one time, endlessly looking forward to the future and grabbing every chance, but w...полностью>>
- Within the idiosyncrasies of almost any sociomedical analysis of our various contemporary health dilemmas, there exists the issue of marijuana and the controversy surrounding its usage and its legalization. Indeed, scientific studies have done nothing less than proven that “occasional use” of marijuana poses no greater a threat to the human body than does similar usage and quantities of alcohol.
- This drug is bad and cause some side effect to your brain and body.Scientists have found smoking marijuana can cause you to loses your memory. Marijuana has many psychological and physical reaction. These reaction usually last for three to five hours after a person has smoked marijuana.
- How many people in this room have a hot cup of coffee in the morning or smoke a cigarette on break? How would you feel if one day the government decided to take away your right to drink that cup of coffee or smoke that cigarette because they were considered to be too harmful? There have been many studies proving the medicinal benefits of marijuana, but there are also many social and recreational benefits that are not as heavily documented.
- Marijuana is a relatively harmless drug that governments around the world have made illegal. If legalized, marijuana can be beneficial to society in a number of ways: whether it be for medical, economic, or public safety reasons. Marijuana has been proven to treat several life debilitating, and even life threatening diseases.
- Marijuana has been known to man for quite some time now and has been used for centuries. The Marijuana prohibition has been in effect since 1937 and continues today. The real question is, is it time that we as Americans reconsider this prohibition and look closer at the possible positive effects that marijuana can offer?
- Pot, marijuana, hash, joints, blunts, green trees, etc., the list goes on and on. Whatever you want to call it, marijuana is currently illegal in the United States. Whenever marijuana is brought up, it becomes the cause of much commotion and debating.
- The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare the issue of legalizing it from both sides. We have two factions fighting each other, those who are pro-marijuana and those who are anti-marijuana. These two factions have been fighting on this issue in the halls of justice for years.
- Legally defined, marijuana consists of the dried leaves and flowers of the plant Cannabis sativa. Cannabis is one of the most ancient and historically important of cultivated plants. Hemp or Cannabis has been cultivated for at least 6 years (Frank 3).
- In 1620, the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock bringing with them thousands of gallons of beer and other types of liquor. This was believed to be enough for them to sell or trade with the natives in return for products like a body relaxer. The Native Americans introduced the Pilgrims to tobacco and other forms of drugs such as Marijuana.
- Marijuana is the flower of the cannabis plant, and if smoked, gives the smoker an euphoric high, but really has much more to offer than just the high. Using marijuana and the growing of hemp are presently illegal in the United States, with the exception of medicinal uses in some states.
- No man should have control about something he or she did not create, but that God created. We have minds, and we will choose for ourselves, whether or not we like it. Marijuana has an excellent medical forte. Marijuana also has a very strong historical significance in the United States.
- Pro marijuana legalization groups such as the Physician’s Association for AIDS Care, National Lymphoma Foundation argue that marijuana should be legalized in order to treat terminally ill patients. Among them are AIDS victims who find that marijuana stimulates their appetites so they can fight off dangerous emaciation; glaucoma sufferers who have used marijuana said it has prevented them from going blind, and cancer patients for whom it alleviates the severe nausea that is often accompanies chemotherapy and sometimes makes lifesaving treatment impossible.
- Over 3 , people a year are arrested because of it in our country. It’s recreational usage boomed in the 1960’s and by the 1980’s one half of all college students had tried it. Once a simple plant, cannabis satria, or marijuana, has become one of the most controversial topics of the 20th century.
- There are several reasons to legalize marijuana. Marijuana is adrug that comes from the plant Cannabis sativa. When you smoke marijuana,the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol goes into your brain and makes youfeel high . That is why it is classified as a minor psychedelic.
- emaciation. Marijuana reduces tremors, restores balance, stops muscle spasms, restores bladder control, and restores speech and eyesight for multiple sclerosis patients. It can even prevent epileptic seizures. It can also alleviate pain and sometimes stop the progression of glaucoma because it reduces intraocular pressure.
- President George W. Bush proposed a 2.8 billion approach to confront the problem of illegal drug use. He feels that drugs are ruining peoples lives and the community we live in. His campaign launched a speech about teaching parents how to deal with drugs and their children.
- The controversy surrounding the legalization of drugs has raged since the late 1930s and it seems it will continue well into the future. Such a debate has been apparent in the American marketplace of ideas before with the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920’s.
- People have been using Marijuana as a medicine for thousands of years, beginning in China, India, and the Middle East. The plant’s therapeutic potential became known in Western countries during the nineteenth century.
- The legalization of drugs has been a topic for many years now. Some people think that if the government controls it, then the problems it causes will decrease. I am not one of these people. The legalization of marijuana serves no purpose in the lives of people, but I am for the legalization of industrial hemp.
- Douglas Lamar Gray bought a pound of marijuana in a room at the Econo Lodge in Decatur, Alabama. He intended to keep a couple of ounces for himself and sell the rest to some of his friends. After paying $900 for the pot, Gray was arrested in a police sting operation.