Областью исследования является система государственного управления Курганской области, а в качестве объекта исследования выступает Департамент промышл...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
Государственное управление — это прежде всего управление людьми Для управления поведением личности, коллектива и по отношению к обществу в целом испол...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
В литературе по госуправлению разделяют законы госуправления на законы функционирования и законы развития К первым относится закон оптимального дополн...полностью>>
Різні за своїми підходами і змісту теорії і школи значно розширили уявлення про управління як самостійної області знань і про можливості її використан...полностью>>
- Marijuana has been used as a drug since the beginning of time, yet there are still many mysteries about its health effects on humans. Marijuana, or cannabis sativa, is a preparation of the crushed flower or buds of the female hemp plant.
- Marijuana is the most widely used drug in the world today. Is marijuana as dangerous as it is made out to be. A large variety of different people have many different opinions depending on their professions. Many doctors disagree with each other and the subject is one of their most controversial topics.
- Marijuana tends to mellow a person, while alcohol might make someone violent. Plus alcohol contrivutes to brain and liver damage. I can not say that I completely advocate the recreational uses of marijuana, but it nothing else there are definitely medicinal uses such as the treatment of glaucoma.
- Marijuana has many names: Dope, Marihuana, Ganja, Pot, Mary Jane, Cannabis Sativa (Scientific) to name a few Marijuana originated in the middle east (Taiwan, Korea). China plays an important part in Marijuana’s history. Hoatho, the first Chinese physician to use Cannabis for medical purposes as a painkiller and anesthetic for surgery.
- Marijuana is a drug obtained from dried and crumpled parts of the universal hemp plant Cannabis sativa (or Cannabis indicia). It is smoked by rolling in tobacco paper, or by placing it in a pipe. It is also otherwise consumed worldwide by an estimated 200, , persons for pleasure, an escape from reality, or relaxation.
- Marijuana is the focus of more debate today than any other drug. This conflict has recently intensified due to propositions passed in Arizona and California that allow the medical use of marijuana to treat serious illnesses. Recent public opinion polls have shown that 70 percent or more of Americans support the legal use of marijuana in the treatment of serious diseases (Brazaitis C1+).
- Marijuana, pot, Mary Jane, grass, weed, hash, hashish, dope, cannabis, sinsemilla, greens. When you hear these words, do you think of illegal substances or medical miracle-workers? Marijuana has been approved for medical use by prescription in at least three states.
- Collier?s Encyclopedia defines marijuana as a crude drug composed of the leaves, stems, and flowering buds of the Indian hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. The flowering tops of the plant secrete a sticky resin that contains the psychoactive material for which marijuana is used.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- In America, we have a drug problem. Most do not like to admit it, but the problem is not getting better and it will most certainly not be solved with the current methods of drug enforcement. Those same people will also vehemently deny the fact that, those who use drugs are not the only ones causing the actual problem.
- Description: Marijuana Legalization Body of Essay: Everybody Must Get Stoned? Pot. Weed. Dope. Marijuana has many names and slang terms associated with it, and many perceive it to be the most widely used illicit drug in this country. Music stars are thrown in jail for possession of it.
- For thousands of years the plant cannabis sativa, otherwise known as hemp or marijuana, has been harvested by people and utilized in many different ways. It has been grown to provide food for villages and towns, and used for clothes, rope, and sails on early ships.
- When one considers the medical benefits, both recently discovered and traditionally practiced, along with the high costs of prohibition, the legalization of marijuana shows itself to be a possible solution.
- The idea that marijuana impairs short-term memory is true, but misleading. Any signs of short-term memory impairment vanish once the user is no longer intoxicated.
- This paper is to enlighten those who want to learn about marijuana and to hopefully leave them with the thought that it should be legal once again. Marijuana s makeup, effects, and history are told along with how it was used back in the ancient days for entertainment and medicinal use.
- Currently, drugs remain high on the lists of concerns of Americans and are considered one of the major problems facing our country today. We see stories on the news about people being killed on the street every day over drugs. To many people drugs are only an inner-city problem, but in reality they affect all of us; users and non-users.
- When Olympic officials decided to give snowboarder Ross Rebagliati his gold medal back, the cheers drowned out the boos. It was a minor scandal involving a minor sport, but it spoke volumes about the world’s shifting relationship with its favorite illicit drug.
- Marijuana is a substance that has become very much a part of American culture. Nearly 65 million Americans have either used it occasionally or regularly. The use of marijuana hit mainstream America about thirty years ago and it has been accepted by a large segment of society ever since (Rosenthal 16).
- Cannabis or Marijuana as commonly known has been used for thousands of years by many cultures to ease numerous ailments. Today, it is widely used to combat pain, glaucoma, AIDS wasting syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and nausea associated with cancer chemotherapy.
- The decision to use marijuana is first and foremost a moral question. Drugs, in this case marijuana, is a moral assault on a person being, because they make a person less than what they should and can be, they degrade one s character, and systematically destroys everything a person cares about (Warren 1 ).