Turning points in a story reflect the implied meaning of the author and the interpretation of the reader. An author who develops his or her turning po...полностью>>
President William Jefferson Clinton is the third president in our nation’s history to face the Constitutional threat of impeachment and only the secon...полностью>>
Possibly the best piece of writing ever done by William Shakespeare, Hamlet, is a classic example of a tragedy. In all tragedies the hero suffers, and...полностью>>
This autobiography places it?s main emphasis on emotional and intellectual development of the young artist. Writing from his mouth he states that matu...полностью>>
- The methods used by the government to stop drug abuse aren t working . All they are doing is creating a black market for weed and other drugs.
- No man should have control about something he or she did not create, but that God created. We have minds, and we will choose for ourselves, whether or not we like it. Marijuana has an excellent medical forte. Marijuana also has a very strong historical significance in the United States.
- Currently drugs remain high on the agenda s of politicians, and drugs are considered one of the major problems affecting our country. I believe that the negative effects associated with drugs would be reduced greatly if the United States adopted a policy towards the total legalization of marijuana.
- The three sources: Traffic, Legalizing Drugs Make Matters Worse, and Legalization Madness all has the same thing in common. They all lean to the side that drugs are a problem and legalizing them would only make things worse. There are people that argue that the best way to solve the problem of drugs is simply by making drugs legal.
- There is a large drug problem facing the United States today, and this problem extends to all citizens. It?s not just the poor and the uneducated who are effected by this problem. The most largely used illegal drug in the United States is Marijuana, and thus is the drug law enforcement and the media tends to target the most, costing the taxpayers lots and lots of money.
- America is the land of the free and the foundation of democracy. This countries foundation is based on the fact that an individual can enjoy freedom from oppression and the minority’s opinions can be heard along with the majority’s. Our government is designed to be fair and open minded, to be a servant to the people it governs.
- Unfortunately, to most people in this country, it is a useless plant when it comes to economic or medical value. Marijuana should be legalized in the United States. In technical terms, hemp, cannabis, or for the average American, marijuana, it is used only for recre! ational purposes.
- The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare both sides of the issue of legalizing marijuana. We have two factions fighting each other; one those who are pro marijuana and those who are anti marijuana. These two factions have been fighting on this issue for many, many years.
- Legally defined, marijuana consists of the dried leaves and flowers of the plant Cannabis sativa. Cannabis is one of the most ancient and historically important of cultivated plants. Hemp or Cannabis has been cultivated for at least 6 years (Frank 3).
- The legalization of drugs has been a topic for many years now. Some people think that if the government controls it, then the problems it causes will decrease. I am not one of these people. The legalization of marijuana serves no purpose in the lives of people, but I am for the legalization of industrial hemp.
- Have you ever wagered on a game? If so you were gambling and should have been fined. Gambling should be legalized in the state of Florida. The lawmakers, who have decided that it is evil for you and me to gamble, have justified it as a means to scam billions from citizens in order to compensate for their mismanagement of tax money.
- Abraham Lincoln once said two quotes about prohibition, ?Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man?s appetite by legislation and makes crimes out of things that are not crimes,? and ?A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Every year, 400, Americans die of complications caused by tobacco products. Smoking kills more Americans each year than alcohol, crack, heroin, murder, suicide, car accidents, fires, and AIDS all put together. Every week, eight children under the age of eighteen die from alcohol related crashes.
- The result of drug abuse is thousands of addicts in denial. The good news is the United States had 25,618 total arrests and 81,762 drug seizures due to drugs in 1989 alone, but the bad news is the numbers of prisoners have increased
- If drugs become legal business will dramaticly rise. For example, a very powerful Colombian drug organization known as the Cali mafia used to dominate the international cocaine markets which is good for the economies employment. “Chambers Brothers netted between $1million and $3million every single day”(Terkel, Neiburg; pg.
- Capital punishment has been and will remain one of the most controversial issues in United States history. It poses many questions concerning morality, religion, cost, and effectiveness. The death penalty is such a controversial issue because it can be extremely personal.
- The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare both sides of the issue of legalizing marijuana. We have two opposite opinions fighting each other, those who are pro marijuana and those who are anti-marijuana. These two sides have been fighting on this issue for years.
- Marijuana tends to mellow a person, while alcohol might make someone violent. Plus alcohol contrivutes to brain and liver damage. I can not say that I completely advocate the recreational uses of marijuana, but it nothing else there are definitely medicinal uses such as the treatment of glaucoma.
- Whether or not to legalize gambling is a tough decision. The pros and cons of the question are almost equal, and while some say it will boost economy others say it can destroy it. No one argues that gambling is a big, profitable business, they only question whether it is a business doing good, or the opposite.
- They have seen firsthand the hurting and often tragic results, both psychologically and physically, for those who chose intoxication as part of their lifestyles.