Философские идеи в средние века чаще всего были облачены в религиозные одежды Строго говоря, религия не является философией Религия - это богопослушан...полностью>>
Георг Вильгельм Фридрих Гегель родился 27 августа 1770 г в городе Штудгарте, в семье крупного чиновника Получив в местной гимназии первоначальное обра...полностью>>
Основателем даосизма считается китайский философ Лао-цзы Принято считать его старшим современником Конфуция, но не исключено, что он жил в более ранню...полностью>>
- Cannabis or Marijuana as commonly known has been used for thousands of years by many cultures to ease numerous ailments. Today, it is widely used to combat pain, glaucoma, AIDS wasting syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and nausea associated with cancer chemotherapy.
- In America, we have a drug problem. Most do not like to admit it, but the problem is not getting better and it will most certainly not be solved with the current methods of drug enforcement. Those same people will also vehemently deny the fact that, those who use drugs are not the only ones causing the actual problem.
- Currently, drugs remain high on the lists of concerns of Americans and are considered one of the major problems facing our country today. We see stories on the news about people being killed on the street every day over drugs. To many people drugs are only an inner-city problem, but in reality they affect all of us; users and non-users.
- For thousands of years the plant cannabis sativa, otherwise known as hemp or marijuana, has been harvested by people and utilized in many different ways. It has been grown to provide food for villages and towns, and used for clothes, rope, and sails on early ships.
- In 1620, the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock bringing with them thousands of gallons of beer and other types of liquor. This was believed to be enough for them to sell or trade with the natives in return for products like a body relaxer. The Native Americans introduced the Pilgrims to tobacco and other forms of drugs such as Marijuana.
- Marijuana is a plant, cannabis sativa, that contains a protein tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. THC which is the most activating ingredient of the four hundred chemicals in marijuana causing the intoxicating effect. Marijuana is a drug that is usually smoked as a cigarette, which is commonly called a joint or nail, and can also be smoked in a pipe or bong.
- When Olympic officials decided to give snowboarder Ross Rebagliati his gold medal back, the cheers drowned out the boos. It was a minor scandal involving a minor sport, but it spoke volumes about the world’s shifting relationship with its favorite illicit drug.
- Within the idiosyncrasies of almost any sociomedical analysis of our various contemporary health dilemmas, there exists the issue of marijuana and the controversy surrounding its usage and its legalization. Indeed, scientific studies have done nothing less than proven that “occasional use” of marijuana poses no greater a threat to the human body than does similar usage and quantities of alcohol.
- The purpose of this paper is to discuss marijuana and compare the issue of legalizing it from both sides. We have two factions fighting each other, those who are pro-marijuana and those who are anti-marijuana. These two factions have been fighting on this issue in the halls of justice for years.
- There are several reasons to legalize marijuana. Marijuana is adrug that comes from the plant Cannabis sativa. When you smoke marijuana,the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol goes into your brain and makes youfeel high . That is why it is classified as a minor psychedelic.
- emaciation. Marijuana reduces tremors, restores balance, stops muscle spasms, restores bladder control, and restores speech and eyesight for multiple sclerosis patients. It can even prevent epileptic seizures. It can also alleviate pain and sometimes stop the progression of glaucoma because it reduces intraocular pressure.
- Pro marijuana legalization groups such as the Physician’s Association for AIDS Care, National Lymphoma Foundation argue that marijuana should be legalized in order to treat terminally ill patients. Among them are AIDS victims who find that marijuana stimulates their appetites so they can fight off dangerous emaciation; glaucoma sufferers who have used marijuana said it has prevented them from going blind, and cancer patients for whom it alleviates the severe nausea that is often accompanies chemotherapy and sometimes makes lifesaving treatment impossible.
- To begin, marijuana has been proven to burn the chemicals in the brain which relate to thinking habits and patterns, self esteem, and relationship traits. John Weber, author of High Times magazine that promotes marijuana, says that even though marijuana can be used to make manufactured materials and to help slow the spreading of the aids virus, the drug still has the ability to negatively alter the way the brain functions.
- You feel good, you feel fine…you feel perfectly relaxed. (Pause) Each and every deep breath that you take lets you relax deeper and deeper. (Pause) Each and every sound that you hear allows you to relax deeper and deeper. (Pause) Nothing will disturb you.
- The legalization of marijuana has been a long debated subject in America since the 1970’s. The pro-marijuana society in America has made several claims as to how marijuana can help cure or lessen the effect of some diseases and that by legalizing the drug; the use of pot will actually decline.
- Marijuana has been a very controversial issue. Many speculate that changes in the laws concerning the possession of marijuana (see Appendix A) are long overdue and our society can no longer postpone this decision. Three possible changes to the law (legalization for medical purposes, decriminalization for medical or general reasons, and full legalization) are being considered.
- I am honored to be writing to you on such a significant topic of national concern. Average citizens are annoyed and just plain fatigued with the drugs and crime problems in America. These upright citizens, that contribute to the growth of American society, are being told that legalization is a reasonable alternative to dealing with these problems in their communities.
- Marijuana, a plant with many uses, should be legalized for crime deflation, medicinal help and tax purposes. Marijuana is, in truth, no more harmful than currently sold alcohol and tobacco products in the U.
- According to the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, approximately 5 Americans each day try marijuana for the first time. This is with the restrictions the United States government has on narcotics now. Imagine how many thousands of scenarios such as David s there could be if drugs were made readily available.
- The legalization of marijuana would be a great benefit to almost everyone. Basically it’s our right of privacy to be able to smoke in our own homes. Its pretty much a failure of prohibition, and there are numerous benefits that would come into effect.