Опасавшееся возникновения «второй Никарагуа», правительство США оказывало значительную финансовую помощь правительству Сальвадора. Только в 1983-1985 ...полностью>>
Управленческая структура предприятий и организаций имеет многолетнюю историю. Пирамидальная форма в течение длительного времени казалась логичной и от...полностью>>
Кальций и фосфор с точки зрения их значения в питании тесно связаны, и поэтому будут обсуждаться вместе. Они являются главными минеральными веществами...полностью>>
- China, Korea, and Japan have been historically close for centuries, thus accounting for their numerous common artistic traditions. From pre-Christian times until the 8th and 9th century AD, the great trade routes crossed from the Middle East through Central Asia into China.
- The twin beliefs of karma and reincarnation are among Hinduism’s many jewels of knowledge. Others include dharma or our pattern of religious conduct, worshipful communion with God and Gods, the necessary guidance of the Sat Guru, and finally enlightenment through personal realization of our identity in and with God.
- Kareem the DreamMost young boys daydream of being the next NBA star, yet only a few make that dream into a reality. They spend hours on end practicing and playing with other dreamers, showing off who is the king of the court. Many continue to play throughout high school, some play at college, but not many make it the big leagues.
- The result was a monster 1994 self-titled debut album that went solid platinum, and by the time 199 ’s Life Is Peachy was released, this beast had a fanbase over two million strong–and a legion of musical imitators so large it threatened to saturate the planet.
- Korean War is often referred to as the forgotten war. There exist no monuments in Washington D.C. to acknowledge the thousands of American soldiers who fought valiantly and died for their country’s political interests. There are no annual parades, and little information in text books to shed light on the war.
- A 48-year old Korean woman, mother of two sons, has been living in Los Angeles for seven years now. On the evening of July 15, 1997, her husband comes home late at night from his financially shaky liquor store in East LA. He is tired and frustrated from the deception of an American dream once promised to him eight years ago.
- Karma is the belief according to which a person?s future life is determined by past and present actions. Every action, bodily, intellectual or ethical, good or bad, big or small will have its effect.
- Although there have been many psychological and scientific explanations, nobody knows for sure what dreams are. Each generation comes up with new interpretations of dreams. About a third of a normal lifetime is spent sleeping, and much of that time is spent dreaming (MacKenzie 8).
- American history has perpetually been concerned with and based on the idea of seeking personal spirituality and happiness. American society is perceived as a large melting pot of outlets for achieving spirituality and accessing God. However, this was not always the case.
- The Greek dramatists have bequeathed immensely to the current mode of modern Western literature. Shakespeare and his contemporaries revered them for their distinct and explicit language, their dramatic scenes, and their extravagant processions. The language of their stories has connoted itself into both, the Western dialect and Western literature in general.
- Many changes have come upon Hinduism since they practiced it first. Hinduism includes many different sects, or denominations, and beliefs that have arisen. Though, there are many things in common with all of the Hindu sects. Their basic beliefs are what ties them together.
- The American Dream can best be defined as a “city upon a hill.” ?City upon a hill can be defined as an ideology based on the premise that the individual’s loyalty and devotion to the nation-state surpass other individual or group interests,?1 or in simpler terms, being superior over other nations.
- Many people believe that the religions of Christianity and Buddhism are completely different. They are practiced in different areas of the world and began at different time periods in history. Although there are many differences between Christianity and Buddhism, they are also similar in many aspects.
- First and foremost, I think Korean art is realized by its love for naturalness. In everything from architecture to everyday furniture and ornaments to paintings, this aspect of Korean aesthetism is shown. If you look at the furniture pieces made of wood from the Koryo and Chosun period, you can see that most of the furniture, except for some of the luxurious ones used in court, have their natural wooden texture to it, unlike the furniture or ornaments of China or Japan.
- Has the American Dream turned into the American nightmare? The ideals stated in the Declaration of Independence, life, liberty and happiness, are no longer the ideals of today. Now, it is the pursuit of happiness that overshadows everything. Life and liberty are taken for granted.
- The voice, talking in low-tuned rhythmic tones, spoke for a generation that would have no more of modern America and its leaders. A generation fed-up with lies, violence and greed from their own society. It grew and grew as more and more people realized the veracity of its claims, and adhered to its cause.
- The most striking feature of Tolstoy’s minor characters is that although they may only appear briefly, they still possess a sense of lifelikeness. When a character is introduced, Tolstoy provides the reader with details of the characters appearance and actions that give a sense of realism.
- 2. If Buddhist believe in the impermanence of all things including the soul(as stated above), then if everything is impermanent the only thing that is permanent is the impermanence of everything or better stated ” The Nothing” is permanent. This means that “The Nothing” is the impermanence in all things.
- A financial crisis swept like a bush fire through the ?tiger economies? of South East Asia between June 1997 and January 1998. One country after another, local stocks markets and currency imploded. When the dust started to settle, the stock markets in many of these countries had lost over 70% of their value.
- Originally, the ‘Dream’ was envisaged to be life in a new world where anything successful can happen and good things might (Hochschild, 1996). In 1963, Martin Luther King Jnr said that he too had a dream “that on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood” Video: The Legacy).