«Тринадцать роз» (исп. Las Trece Rosas) — имя, данное в Испании группе из тринадцати молодых девушек и женщин, семь из которых были несовершеннолетним...полностью>>
The story “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” tells about a group of characters that fall in love with each other. However, the whole play is all a dream. The...полностью>>
Успех работы предприятия обеспечивается работниками, занятые на нем. Именно поэтому современная концепция управления предприятием предполагает выделен...полностью>>
Умовою виникнення будь-якої організації є необхідність здійснення певної складної цільової спільної діяльності, тобто феномен організації проявляється...полностью>>
- Rare is a person that crosses the path of the White House without some emotion of envy or awe. This building epitomizes world leadership and unprecedented power. This renowned leadership may be the only association made by certain countries, while in the United States many see an other significance: Watergate, Whitewater, Kennedy’s brutal and mysterious assassination, and today, Clinton’s “zippergate” scandal.
- The themes in this play are described and unfurled mostly through Willy Loman?s, the main character in the play, thoughts and experiences. The story takes place mainly in Brooklyn, New York, and it also has some ?flashback? scenes occurring in a hotel room in Boston.
- The Clinton Sex ScandalRare is a person that crosses the path of the White House without some emotionof envy or awe. This building epitomizes world leadership and unprecedentedpower. This renowned leadership may be the only association made by certaincountries, while in the United States many see an other significance:Watergate, Whitewater, Kennedy’s brutal and mysterious assassination, andtoday, Clinton’s "zippergate" scandal.
- But by the mid-18 0’s Georgians began to doubt that the government would withhold its part of the bargain. The Cherokee Indian tribes had a substantial part of land in Georgia that they had had for many generations though.
- The pounding of shells, the mines, the death traps, the massive, blind destruction, the acrid stench of rotting flesh, the communal graves, the charred bodies, and the fear. These are the images of war. War has changed over the centuries from battles of legions of ironclad soldiers enveloped in glimmering armor fighting for what they believe to senseless acts of guerrilla warfare against those too coward to be draft-dodgers.
- ?Washington sends John Jay to negotiate Jay?s Treaty.? George Washington was faced with a large problem with Great Britain. In December of 1793, the British began to seize American ships on impress their sailors. The House of Representatives passed legislation to stop all trade to England, but the bill was stopped in the Senate.
- he was born in New York city on October 7,1858 into a wealthy family, but he too struggled–against ill health. When Theodore was about 1 , his father told him that he would need a strong body to give his mind a chance to develop fully.
- Of all our country’s major military conflicts, the Mexican War is perhaps the least known. It has been long overshadowed by the later Civil War, and is still today frequently confused with the Texas Revolution of 1835-1836, the Spanish-American War (1898), or the Mexican intervention and border troubles of 1914-1916.
- Roosevelt, Theodore (1858-1919), 26th president of the United States (1901-09), the first president to exploit the public dimensions of his office in an age of mass communications, a reform leader at home and a skilled diplomat abroad. In his lifetime Roosevelt became a personal model, particularly for the country’s youth, in a way that no public figure has matched.
- “No man has ever left behind him a character more venerated than George Wythe,” praised Thomas Jefferson of his tutor. “His virtue was of the purest tint; his integrity inflexible, and his justice exact; of warm patriotism, and, devoted as he was to liberty, and the natural and equal rights of man, he might be called the Cato of his country” (Lincoln 1).
- “Some in the struggle for existence in America will escape, their successes will be blazoned forth; those who fail and die, silence will cover them…who cares for a few children of the poor more or less – who cares for a few girls more or less, surrendered to infamy… -Charlotte Smith O’Brien
- Believing that the government was not being conducted in the spirit of 177 , he turned against the administration in WASHINGTON’s second term and remained in opposition during the presidency of John ADAMS.
- Ending the Atlantic slave trade was a long process that involved changing economic circumstances and rising humanitarian concerns. In the late 18th century, European economies began to shift from agriculture to industry. Plantations remained profitable, but Europeans had promising new areas for investment.
- U.S. HistorySpanish-Amerincan WarWith the assassination of President McKinley, Theodore Roosevelt,not quite 43, became the youngest President in the Nation’s history. Hebrought new excitement and power to the Presidency, as he vigorously ledCongress and the American public toward progressive reforms and a strongforeign policy.
- " These poets are exactly divided in nationality, three being American, three English. The English members of the Imagist group are Richard Aldington, F. S.
- The third president of the United States, a diplomat, statesman, architect, scientist, and philosopher, Thomas Jefferson is one of the most eminent figures in American history.
- many different types of government, mostly dictatorships. Most of South America won independence from Spain and Portugal between 1810 and 1824. In 1823, President James Monroe enunciated the first US policy on Latin America. The Monroe Doctrine warned European nations against interfering in the affairs of independent nations in the Western Hemisphere.
- Good evening everyone. I, Louisa Adams, wife of John Quincy Adams, will be your spiritual guide on this rainy December night to tell you about my late husband and all of his endeavors. My dear John was a wonderful man and I truly am a fortunate woman to have had him for a husband.
- For many years Thomas Paine was the epitome of American histories greatest drawback. In American history there is always that one detail that doesn?t make it into popular curriculum. Whether it be the point of view from the loosing side of a war, to the secret dalliances of a popular politician, to the truth of a times social opinion- the American student is taught only so much.
- The price wa $15, , for an area of 8 8, square miles ( ,145, km) – less than 3 cents an acre. In 1800, Napoleon Bonaparte got Spain to return it by a secret treaty. Napoleon planned a French empire in the New World, with its center at New Orleans.