Love is the biggest thing that can happen in human life. It can make your life incredible or forgettable. In the case of Romeo and Juliet, it was both...полностью>>
“Lassa is a Level 4 virus from West Africa, and it was one of Peter Jahrling’s favorite life forms-he thought it was fascinating and beautiful, in cer...полностью>>
Thomas mother was known as a noblewoman from Naples and was greatly praised for her piety(Waltz,3). Thomas also had three known brothers; Aimo, Ronald...полностью>>
The main elements necessary for the telephone were available at least a third of a century before it was actually invented in Boston, 1876 by Alexande...полностью>>
- The Italian Renaissance began in Florence in about 1420. The Renaissance was really a re-interpretation of classical ideas and how they were applied in fifteenth century within a Christian context. The classical ideas that they were trying to re-interpret were those of the Greeks and Romans.
- Masaccio s fresco The Tribute Money (1427) is a continuous narrative which uses contrapposto, aerial perspective, and humanistic facial expressions and body postures to illustrate purposeful interaction in its portrayal of divine intervention to assuage a resolute IRS man.
- Following the collapse of the Roman civilization much of Europe fell into decline, losing a great deal of information concerning that period. Therefore knowledge concerning the architecture of that age could only be acquired via the classical ruins that litter the Italian landscape; and through the writings of the Roman architect Vitruvius.
- The Renaissance is commonly thought of as a time of renewal and rediscovery, as the definition of the word implies. In actuality, though, the Renaissance was a time of change from one the extreme of heaven, as noted in the previous faith in the Church and religion, to the opposite extreme of faith in human thinking and ideas, along the lines of science, logic, and reason.
- He was also, in the lexicon favored by nineteenth-century writers, a despot, a ruler whose authority was unchecked and arbitrary, his decisions ratified by no one, his choices subject to no identifiable norms or criteria.
- Architecture, the practice of building design and its resulting products; customary usage refers only to those designs and structures that are culturally significant. Architecture is to building as literature is to the printed word. Vitruvius, a 1st-century BC Roman, wrote encyclopedically about architecture, and the English poet Sir Henry Wotton was quoting him in his charmingly phrased dictum: “Well building hath three conditions: Commoditie, Firmenes, and Delight.
- Michelangelo Buonarroti lived in a time when the medieval aspects of Christianity were overwhelmed by the upheaval of the Reformation. His art portrays this change in religious philosophy by discerning the major trends and objectives of the Renaissance.
- It is still widely used today. Perspective is a method which is used to make a three-dimensional space or object appear three-dimensional on a two-dimensional space.