Государство и право->Реферат
Юридически отношения работников и организации в большинстве случаев строятся на основе заключенного между ними трудового договора. В силу ряда объекти...полностью>>
Гвен Араухо (англ. Gwen Araujo) — трансгендерная женщина из США, которая была избита и задушена четыремя мужчинами в Ньюарке, штат Калифорния, в октяб...полностью>>
Транспорт (от лат. transportare — перемещать, перевозить) — сфера услуг, осуществляющая перевозки людей и грузов. Транспорт включает совокупность пут...полностью>>
- ” Once a state of freedom is attained, all of its sides are encompassed. This essential human cycle of freedom has progressed along with the changing times, views, and values in society.
- I read this book out of interest for another Henry James piece, liking Daisy Miller so much. I found that this book, as in Daisy Miller, has a female point of interest throughout. Isabel Archer is a young American girl brought to Europe after her father has died in America.
- Henry James’s The Portrait of a Lady and Edith Wharton’s The House of Mirth examine the societal constraints of their female protagonists, and the limited possibilities open to them in the midst of wealthy society. Isabel Archer and Lily Bart are victims of a rigid society in which the independent lifestyle they desire is only acceptable for women who are either ‘unmarriageable’ or exceedingly wealthy.
- Isabel Archer doesn’t go away with Casper Goodwood because it would mean giving up what she values most, her freedom and independence. The very first time we meet Isabel she tells Ralph that “I’m very fond of my liberty” (p. 30) and that she is “not a candidate for adoption” (p.
- Henry James developed a skill of foreign languages and an awareness of Europe rare among Americans in his time. Constantly moving between different parts of Europe and the U.S. had a major effect on James and his novels: it became the major theme of his fiction and an attraction throughout his life.
- King Edward III’s military tactics were the sole reason for the English victory at Crecy in 1346. Not only that, he was the reason for English success overall in the early stages of The Hundred Years War. The war was started because of a feudal dynastic struggle over the Duchy of Aquitaine, and also the French throne.
- Europeans arrived in the region with the 1502 voyage of Amerigo Vespucci. Spanish navigator Juan Diaz de Solias visited what is now Argentina in 1516. Spain established a permanent colony on the site of Buenos Aires in 1580. They further integrated Argentina into their empire following the establishment of the Vice-Royalty of Rio de la Plata in 1776, and Buenos Aires became a flourishing port.
- The English language has undergone immense changes over the years of its development from Old English to Modern English as it is known today.It has been shaped by a number of other languages over centuries.During the Old English period the English language,which was based on the dialectical of three Germanic tribes(Angles,Jutes,and Saxons),was already influenced by different invading armies like the Celts(Celtic),the Roman missionaries(Latin)and the Viking raiders(Old Norse).