Современный этап исторического развития мирового сообщества характеризуется ускорением научно-технического и социального прогресса, широкомасштабным р...полностью>>
Останні десятиріччя ХХ століття ознаменувалися істотними досягненнями у теорії управління розвитком суспільства планетарного характеру Західна економі...полностью>>
Кризисные тенденции в мировой экономике – это реальность сегодняшнего дня Это новый, формирующийся мировой порядок, приходящий на смену экономический ...полностью>>
- In the book, Dead Men Do Tell Tales, by William R. Maples, Ph.D. and Michael Browning, a story is told in how the dead, no matter how dead, still “talk” to us. The book is appropriately titled because, according to Dr. Maples, truth is discoverable, truth wants to be discovered (2).
- humanity are very intriguing. These two cultures differ in a multitude of ways yet similarities can be noted in the domain of funerary services. In the realm of Egyptian afterlife, The Book of the Dead can provide one with vital information concerning ritual entombment practices and myths of the afterlife.
- Evil is a destructive force; it causes harm to those who embrace it and their victims. In Shakespeare?s Macbeth, the protagonist Macbeth and Lady Macbeth fall into the hands of evil. Evil is what drives people to commit unnatural actions of destruction.
- Kaaaaplllowww! was the only sound heard as the Undertaker fell straight to the canvas. While the referee was busy tinkering with an exposed, stainless steel turnbuckle on the right side of the ring, little did he realize what was going on in the match.
- Truth means complete fulfillment and true happiness. Truth is impossible to change or destroy — doing so contradicts the very nature of a single truth from which all things seen through distorted perception stem. Finding truth (and thus everything that it is) is the ultimate subconscious goal of all struggling.
- ?That is what has brought you here. You would not make the act of submission which is the price of sanity. You preferred to be a lunatic, a minority of one. Only the disciplined mind can see reality, Winston. [?] Reality is not external. Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else.
- Peter Shaffer?s play ?Equus? reads like a true tragedy blending religion and adolescence while questioning society?s ?civilized norms?. Although Alan Strang seemingly suffers the most throughout the story, the true tragic figure in the play is Dysart, Alan?s psychiatrist.
- My name is Abigail Smith Adams. I am the wife of the second president of the United States and I am also the mother of the sixth president. I was born on November, 1744. I lived on a farm at Weymouth. I was often sick when I was young, and for medicine I was given broths in which there was boiled snails, or worms.
- Artist: Eminem Album: The Marshall Mathers LP Song: The Real Slim Shady WWW: EminemWorld.com May I have your attention please? May I have your attention please? Will the real Slim Shady please stand up? I repeat will the real Slim Shady please stand up? We’re going to have a problem here (Verse 1) Ya’ll act like you never seen a white person before
- “There is much pain that is quite noiseless; and that make human agonies are often a mere whisper in the of hurrying existence. There are glances of hatred that stab and raise no cry of murder; robberies that leave man of woman for ever beggared of peace and joy, yet kept secret by the sufferer-committed to no sound except that of low moans in the night, seen in no writing except that made on the face by the slow months of suppressed anguish and early morning tears.
- Sadomasochism is a sexually deviant behavior that is practiced by many people within today’s society. It is the combination of two paraphilias, sadism and masochism, which are usually always linked together. An occasional mild or light form of sadomasochism (or S& M for short), is considerably common among the general population.
- The Jedi knight of DNAThe Common ThreadJohn Sulston and Georgina FerryBantam ?17.99, pp310On the walls of London’s National Portrait Gallery hangs one particularly unusual work of art: rows of glistening transparent beads are spread out in a cloudy matrix and enclosed inside a silver frame.
- Imagine we could step back to Manahattan?s financial district circa 1869, we might see a man in a frock coat and high silk hat hurrying along the cobblestone streets. This could be Marcus Goldman, an immigrant from Europe and maturing entrepreneur. Would he have ever thought that he would be the founder of the ?greatest financial success stories of the twentieth century?? (Endlich,
- The idea for this dissertation arose from the culmination of a number of thoughts that have interested me for some time. The question of ‘reality’ has always intrigued me. I perceived it as tangible and exact but at the same time intensely vulnerable.
- ?Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future; it transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity.
- Plot: The telling of a remarkable horror tale to the inner darkness of man, Kurtz/Marlow, and the center of the earth, the Congo. Charlie Marlow gives the accounts of the double journey to the passengers on the deck of the Nellie as she is held still by the tides.
- The promiseThe following ad appeared in the Lonely Hearts column of Time Out magazine for the week of September 9-16, 1992: “SUCCESSFUL WRITER, 29, gay, tall, dark, handsome, seeks non-smoking, significant other 25-35, to share love of cinema, good food, and maybe the Sunday papers.
- Only when the present has become the past can we reflect on what we could have or should have done. Yet our society is so obsessed with keeping track of time that we spend millions of dollars a year to keep a set of atomic clocks ticking the time. These clocks are so accurate that they must be reset once a year to correct for the earth’s imperfect orbit.
- Isis is depicted as a woman wearing a vulture headdress and the solar disk between a pair of horns (which is sometimes underneath the symbol of her name , the throne). Occasionally she wears the double-crowns of the North and the South with the feather of Ma’at, or a pair of ram’s horns.
- Despite overwhelming scientific evidence that their products kill 4 0, American smokers and 53, non-smokers each year, the tobacco industry continues to sell its life-threatening products, unhindered by any significant government regulation (Glantz xvii).