Человек - это высшая ступень живых организмов на Земле, субъект общественно-исторической деятельности и культуры, в котором биологическое и социальное...полностью>>
"Ни одно, даже самое верное дело не двигается без рекламы... Обычно думают, что надо рекламировать только дрянь,- хорошая вещь и так пойдет. Это самое...полностью>>
Образовательные: Углубление и расширение знаний этапов антропогенеза на основе формирования знаний об особенностях внешнего строения, жизни кроманьонц...полностью>>
- The Indus Valley Civilization was one of the first civilizations in the world. It was located in the southwest part of present day India along the Indus River. This civilization started around 2500 BC the same time as the Mesopotamia s, Egyptians, and the Chinese.
- In ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, India and China, geography played an important role in development. Despite being in different areas of the world each managed to stay maintain, and make new developments along the way. Ultimately each civilization s development depended somehow on its geographical surroundings.
- India is from north to south, India extends about 2, miles. It s a peninsula surrounded on three sides by water. Geography has protected India. The best known passage in India is the Khyber pass. The land of the northern India is fertile, so it grows many good crops.
- In the languages of the western world based on the Latin, Cyrillic and Greek scripts, there is no difference between how text is stored for data processing and how it is presented on a display or a printer. The text is read on horizontal lines from left to right, the lines progress from top to bottom and the characters are stored in a manner identical to how they are presented.
- The roots of Indian civilization stretch back in time to pre-recorded history. The earliest human activity in the Indian sub-continent can be traced back to the Early, Middle and Late Stone Ages (400, -200, BC). The first evidence of agricultural settlements on the western plains of the Indus is roughly contemporaneous with similar developments in Egypt, Mesopotamia and Persia.
- Hinduism, religion that originated in India and is still practiced by most of its inhabitants, as well as by those whose families have migrated from India to other parts of the world (chiefly East Africa, South Africa, Southeast Asia, the East Indies, and England).
- To understandhow the Earth started; we need to start off with origins of mankind and the earth’s existence. The Earth came into existence about 6 billion years ago and the emergence of homo-sapiens-sapiens 200, years ago. Technology has always been closely linked to the way in which people have lived.
- Asia is the largest of all the continents and includes within its limits an area of 17,159,995 sq mi, or about 33% of the world’s total land surface and the greater part of the Eurasian land mass. The border between Europe is traditionally drawn as an imaginary zigzag line passing down the spine of the Ural Mountains and through the Caspian Sea, Caucasus Mountains, and Black Sea.
- Sumer may very well be the first civilization in the world (although long term settlements at Jericho and Catal Huyuk predate Sumer and examples of writing from Egypt and the Harappa, Indus valley sites may predate those from Sumer). From its beginnings as a collection of farming villages around 5 BC, through its conquest by Sargon of Agade around 2370 BC and its final collapse under the Amorites around 2 BC, the Sumerians developed a religion and a society which influenced both their neighbors and their conquerers.
- Islam, as a prime example, has been characterized inequitably by historians and the media as a religion of violence.
- The Scientific Revolution of the seventeenth century, which was initiated by the Renaissance, greatly advanced the movement toward modernity. No longer was there a medieval view of the universe, but instead scientific method of understanding. It was then thought that “rigorous and systematic observation and experimentation were the essential means of unlocking nature’s secrets” (Western Civilization, 276).
- It is not sure where the earliest practices of Hinduism came from. The best evidence suggests that it originated from the Indus valley civilization around 4 B.C. to 2 B.C. During this time period Hinduism was influenced by many different invasions. Around 1500 B.
- When he was a grown man he killed many people, including some of his friends while in a drunken rage who had saved his life. At one point in his life he killed a life long friend while drunk and then realizing what he had done would have killed himself if his bodyguards had not restrained him.
- In the textbook ?A History of Western Civilization? by McKay, Hill, and Buckner there is little about Joan of Arc. The textbook just briefly describes the hundred-year war and Joan?s role in it. The textbook also states a small amount of information about her trial for hierarchy.
- India’s present constitution went into effect on Jan. 26, 1950. At that time, the nation changed its status from a dominion to a federal republic, though it remained within the Commonwealth. A president, chosen by an Electoral College replaced the governor-general, appointed by the British Crown.
- They are many gods in the religion of Hinduism. Many Hindu followers believe that one of the gods is the true god, this creates a division in Hinduism, Vaishnavaism and Shivaism. People who follow Vaishnavaism believe that Vishnu is the one true god and people who follow Shivasim believe that Shiva is the one true god.
- Hinduism is the name given to one of the most ancient relioon practices in India. Vedanta is the true name of this religion. When british began to populate India this ancient religion evolved into what is known today as Hinduism. Hinduism constitutes an extremely intricate religion upon which a single definition cannot be composed.
- The multifaceted and complex intricacies that are woven throughout the centuries in art are unrealistic to attempt in this format. Therefore, because the focus for the majority of the focus throughout history has been on the humanistic form the concentration will be on that.
- Since the earliest civilizations such as The Indus Valley Civilization or the Ancient Greeks, humans created wonderful cities, cultures and made huge steps in science, technology, and thought. One of the oldest, if not the oldest civilization, is the Hindu civilization that offered its account of life, society, individuals and what it is that we humans search for in our lives through the sacred Vedic texts.
- This Glossary contains specialized terms for both scroll scholarship and Eastern Mediterranean archaeology. Its technical contents are based on at least four specific sources (I have rewritten and reinterpreted the information in these sources as I deemed necessary.