Over the past decade, corporations around the world have been preoccupied with their staff numbers and with implementing strategies to reduce them. Th...полностью>>
Размах крыльев до 140 мм. Верхняя поверхность крыльев самца ярко-синяя, и в зависимости от угла обзора меняется то на сине-зелёное, то на фиолетовое. ...полностью>>
Литература и русский язык->Краткое содержание
Автор: Горький Максим.Действие романа происходит в России в начале 1900-х годов. В рабочей слободке живут фабричные рабочие с семьями, и вся жизнь эти...полностью>>
- As a society we all accept the fact that if you do something wrong you must be held responsible for your actions and pay the consequences. We all accept the concept of punishment, even though we are aware that we, ourselves, could one day be subjected to answer for our actions.
- In the age of enlightenment, new and radical expressions and ideas emerged at the forefront of philosophy. Amongst German philosophers, the question of what enlightenment truly encompassed, was a major focal point. Two specific philosophers of this age are Immanuel Kant (during) and Arthur Schopenhauer (late), both have separate views on the subject of gained wisdom and intellect, the perfectability of human nature that comes along with being enlightened.
- From the origin of Western philosophical thought, there has been an interest in moral laws. As Hume points out in the Treatise, “morality is a subject that interests us above all others” (David Hume “A Treatise of Human Nature’). Originally, thoughts of how to live were centered on the issue of having the most satisfying life, with “virtue governing one’s relations to others” (J.
- Absolutism and relativism are two extreme ethical approaches to reality. While they are both valid and supported by facts, they are very contrasting in their views. Values are what a person cares about and thinks is worthwhile. For example, values can include life, love, religious faith, freedom, relationships, health, justice, education, family and many other things.
- Immanuel Kant and John Stuart Mill are philosophers who addressed the issues of morality in terms of how moral traditions are formed. Immanuel Kant has presented one viewpoint in The Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals that is founded on his belief that the worth of man is inherent in his ability to reason.
- Hume s ultimate goal in his philosophic endeavors was to undermine abstruse Philosophy. By focusing on the aspect of reason, Hume shows there are limitations to philosophy. Since he did not know the limits, he proposed to use reason to the best of his ability, but when he came to a boundary, that was the limit.
- The discussion of how feelings affect morality is quite prevalent in both David Hume and Immanuel Kant’s works. While each philosopher touches on the topic of feelings, both men differ in their outlook on the role feelings play in our moral lives. While David Hume, seemed to feel that the human mind was nothing more then a series of sensations and feelings, Immanuel Kant argued that there exists more to our minds than just these feelings.
- 4.8 Purely private enforcement: a modelRichard Posner writes, “I hope to challenge the assumption, largely unquestioned since Hobbes, that a state (if only a minimal, ‘nightwatchman’ state) is necessary to maintain the internal and external security of society.
- ACTUS PURUS (лат. – чистое действие) — тождество бытия и действия, действительность без потенциальности и пассивности. Это понятие идет от Аристотеля и употреблялось схоластами для определения Бога: Бог есть все, чем он может быть, и ни одна из его возможностей не остается неосуществленной.
- When the framers of the United States Constitution drew up the first amendment, they made an emphasis on free speech. Included in this first amendment were the freedom of the press, freedom of religion, right to assembly, and the prohibition of censorship.
- The prisoner’s dilemma is a well-known example in moral philosophy that characterizes some of the difficulties that arise when studying moral and justice theory. Throughout this paper it will be used as the vehicle to go from the different ideas of morality and justice.