Категорія життєвого цензу – одна з найбільш загальних інтегральних характеристик життєрозуміння й життєсприймання особистості на індивідуально-психоло...полностью>>
Сара́нск (мокш. Саранош, эрз. Саран ош) — город в России, столица Республики Мордовия, расположен на левом берегу реки Инсар (бассейн Волги), в 642 км...полностью>>
Самана (sammanaa, от английского "семинар") — система лагерей переобучения или перевоспитания, существовавшая в республике Лаос с 1975 по 1989 годы. С...полностью>>
Школа социальных систем представляет собой совокупность разнородных, собственно социологических подходов в теории организаций, рассматривающих организ...полностью>>
- Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- Today’s Drug laws seem to do more harm than good. The so-called drug war hasn’t seemed to be as effective as it was intended to be. Its original intent lies in its name, to attack the drug problem in America. Nixon started the war on drugs in the late sixties to stop drug abuse at the source, the distributors.
- There is a new phenomenon of young criminals who are committing acts of violence of unprecedented coldness and brutality. This newest phenomena in the world of crime is perhaps the most dangerous challenge facing society and law enforcement ever. While psychopaths are not new, this breed of super criminal exceeds the scope of psychopathic behavior.
- ?Summit of the Americas? held by heads of 34 countries, were as follows: (1) preserving and strengthening the community of democracies of the Americas, ( ) free trade area of the Americas (FTAA), (3) eradicating poverty and discrimination in the hemisphere, (4) education (Americas Net).
- The Bell Curve : Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life (A Free Press Paperbacks Book) 1 – 10 of 77 | next 4 of 4 people found the following review helpful:eviewer: Eric Gartman (see more about me) from Rockville, MD USAReaders who have not yet read this book will be surprised to learn that the main topic is not race, but how intelligence explains class structure.
- The years between 1640 and 1660 witnessed in England a greater outpouring of printed material than the country had seen since the first printing press had begun operating in the 1470s.1 The breakdown of government and Church censorship in the early 1640s was almost total until the mid-1650s when Oliver Cromwell as Lord Protector reimposed some controls.
- Thus so-called obscene material is attacked because of a fear that it will corrupt personal morality or perhaps even lead to deviant sexual acts. School textbooks and library materials are sought to be purged by groups who fear that they may evoke immoral values in children.
- New Jersey-A History, by Thomas Flemming, provides a clear and unbiased historical account from the early stages of this colony far into its birth as a state separate from imperialistic England. Although his historical account tends to be incomplete at times and a few misconceptions are evident, he touches on the many important points in New Jersey history, pointing out that, by observing how this state has dealt with her divisions is instructive, “for it demonstrates on a small scale how Americans have dealt with alarming social conflicts.
- ‘All things are subject to the Mind… It measures in one thought the whole circumference of heaven and by the same line it takes the geography of the earth. The seas, the air, the fire all things of either, are within the comprehension of the mind.
- For much of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in America, Black women were an after-thought in our nation’s history. They were the mammies and maids, the cooks and caregivers, the universal shoulder to cry on in times of trouble. Often overlooked and undervalued, Black women were just … there.
- The Theory of Planned Behaviour was tested in a study for its ability to predict intention to behave in specific ways towards older patients. There were 172 subjects from 3 Scottish universities, Napier, Edinburgh and Abertay Dundee. The results gained from a questionnaire suggest that the Theory of Planned behaviour can be used to predict behavioural intentions of nurses when working with older patients.
- The community I chose to research is the Gay and Lesbian community. I chose to look at this community because, as I meet more and more people in my life, I have found that I come into contact with many Gay and Lesbian people, and to understand their issues, would be beneficial to a social worker.
- Although Brutus himself was skeptical if he made the right decision, he joins the conspiracy that plans for the murder of their leader Julius Caesar. The tragic aspect of the play Julius Caesar is that even though Brutus ‘s motives were immaculate, his fear toward Caesar’s ambition, Cassius’ persuasion, and his tragic flaw, idealism deluded him to make a tragic mistake of assassinating Caesar.
- Short shorts, micro minis, crop tops. Not the kind of clothing the 17-year-old girl would need to care for the elderly or wait on tables–jobs that sounded full of promise when the smugglers described them in her impoverished village in Veracruz, Mexico.
- When the first edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching appeared in 1980, the field of second language acquisition (SLA) was relatively manageable. We had a handful of professional journals devoted to SLA, a good collection of anthologies and conference proceedings, and a small but respectable number of books on SLA and teaching.
- Miquel Joseph Serra was born and baptized on November 24, 1713 in Petra, a farming village on the island of Mallorca, Spain. As a child he attended a Franciscan elementary school. At the age of fifteen, Serra left home to enter the Franciscan University in Palma to study philosophy.
- Edmund Spenser is considered by many to be the next great poet after Geoffrey Chaucer (Renwick, 483). No other poet since Chaucer s time had such a command for both ancient and modern languages nor could his range of learning be touched by his fellow writers of that era (Ward, 117).
- Plagiarism is the appropriation without attribution of another person?s thoughts or words. As a denial of that independence of thought which it is the aim of higher education to inculcate it is naturally a grave offence against University discipline. At best, the work in which it features is unlikely to contribute any marks to assessment; at worst it could merit expulsion from the University.
- England (Latin Anglia), political division of the island of Great Britain, constituting, with Wales, the principal division of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. England occupies all of the island east of Wales and south of Scotland, another division of the United Kingdom.
- IINTRODUCTION Thailand, formerly Siam, officially Kingdom of Thailand, kingdom in Southeast Asia, bounded by Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) on the north and west, by Laos on the northeast, by Cambodia and the Gulf of Thailand (Siam) on the southeast, by Malaysia on the south, and by the Andaman Sea and Myanmar on the southwest.