Матрична гра, у якій гравець взаємодіє з навколишнім середовищем, не зацікавленим в його програші, і вирішує задачу визначення найбільш вигідного варі...полностью>>
At 6:30 p.m. on the evening of April 20, 1889, he was born in the small Austrian village of Braunau Am Inn just across the border from German Bavaria....полностью>>
В противоположность Вавилону, мрачной родине деспотизма, Египет был для древнего мира истинной крепостью священной науки, школой для его наиболее слав...полностью>>
James Madison begins the Federalist No. 10, possibly one of the greatest political papers, by stating an argument in favor of the Constitution. Madiso...полностью>>
- In “Strangers and Brothers” series, C.P. Snow presents the many facets of interaction between individuals and groups on many different levels. The “Strangers and Brothers” is a sequence of ten novels that follows the life of Eliot Lewis, the narrator of all the books.
- The problem of conceptualization of national world picture with the help of other language cultures attracts interests of many linguists, philologists, philosophers and anthropologies. Necessity to establish the concept of “language world picture” in literary language can be explained by the necessity to understand the situation of polyvariance existing in this sphere.
- The crisis of 2008 still affects business-to-business companies. Many of them have problems with current assets in general and with accounts receivable in particular. In a given paper a field research is conducted on the example of a telecommunication equipment producer.
- Euphemisms for the majority of people is the device to create humorous situation. most can get along without them in everyday life, but they are found everywhere not only in emotive prose but also in the publicistic style, in highly emotional speech, in extreme cases to lessen the impact of the situation on the people making it sound milder.
- The World Wide Web is being seen more and more as an effective and above all inexpensive means of delivering courses in the tertiary education sector. It is important however that financial imperatives to not take precedence over educational goals. In the search for an effective approach to Web learning, an re-examination of learning theory is required.
- We are living in what is usually described as an ‘information society’ and as the business community makes ever greater use of computers the courts are going to find that increasingly the disputes before them turn on evidence which has at some stage passed through or been processed by a computer.
- THE TRANSITION FROM THE SLAVE TRADETO ‘LEGITIMATE’ COMMERCE Robin Law(University of Stirling, Scotland) Abstract: This study reconsiders several controversies resulting from the historical debate over ‘legitimate’ trade–nineteenth-century exports of African commodities other than slaves–in West Africa.
- Megafauna Extinction In Australia Site Name: Cuddie SpringsGeographical Position: Northwestern New South Wales Archeological Sequence and Dates: Cuddie Springs has been excavated as a source of Fossil bone for a very long time, but starting in 1990 it has also shown cultural material as well.
- In the last several years, the increased diffusion of computer and telecommunications technologies in businesses and homes has produced new ways for organizations to connect with their customers. These computer mediated environments (CMEs) such as the World Wide Web raise new research questions.
- When the first edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching appeared in 1980, the field of second language acquisition (SLA) was relatively manageable. We had a handful of professional journals devoted to SLA, a good collection of anthologies and conference proceedings, and a small but respectable number of books on SLA and teaching.
- Over the past 18 months there has been wide-ranging public discussion on the potential medical uses of marijuana, particularly smoked marijuana. To contribute to the resolution of the debate, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a 2-day scientific meeting on February 19-20, 1997, to review the scientific data concerning the potential therapeutic uses for marijuana and the need for and feasibility of additional research.
- In this article I would like to bring the findings of my somewhat unusual but increasingly accepted field ? mysticism? to the discussion, for I think they may offer some helpful insights about consciousness. Why? When a biologist seeks to understand a complex phenomenon, one key strategy is to look to at it in its simplest form.
- The aim of this essay was to select a client, the client in this case being a ten-year-old boy with cystic fibrosis, in a hospital setting. To assess the holistic needs of that client, using Beck, Williams and Rawlings ?The five dimensions of self?, (Beck 1993)
- Stylistics is the study of varieties of language whose properties position that language in context, and tries to establish principles capable of accounting for the particular choices made by individuals and social groups in their use of language. A variety, in this sense, is a situationally distinctive use of language.
- [. . . ] Her sensualness occurs in the dance-like, ritualistic patterns of much of her poetry. She seems able to find songs or enchantments in virtually every aspect of the language of women. "She Who," a group of diverse pieces which Grahn has recorded as well as published, contains a birth chant made from the midwife’s instructions during natural childbirth, a funeral rite, an exorcism of all the hateful names that men have called women, a liturgy of heroic women evoked to give energy and to heal.
- Для одних слово "НИРВАНА” означает приподнятое состояние сродни озарению, для других - место окончательного успокоения, что-то вроде чувствительного Рая. Но миллионы поклонников рока понимают под этим только одно - название группы, которая перевернула представление о статусе рок - звезд в 90-х.
- Undoubtedly, adolescence is one of life s most challenging and complex transitions in life. A combination of rapid physical, cognitive, and psychosocial growth represents a period of significant change. These changes bridge the transition from childhood to adulthood.
- Her husband, Leonard Woolf, believed that without the aid of her inheritance his wife would probably not have written a novel at all.
- The book is intended for school EFL teachers. It gives clear explanations and useful practice of English grammar. Some of those grammatical pieces are included which are not always easy to find on the pages of grammar books. Very often teachers and then their students receive one and the same portion of grammatical information year in, year out and get an idea of the English language being too elementary to express a great variety of meanings.
- Dystopia is a place where in literary meaning would be a, “bad place”(Snodgrass). Novels such as Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and 1984 are dystopian novels. In Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World, takes the Individuality and has made happiness and enjoyment of life in to an artificial feeling with the constant presence of soma.