Государство и право->Реферат
В обоснование актуальности выбранной мною темы следует отметить, что эффективность деятельности правоохранительных органов, в числе которых находится ...полностью>>
Совсем недавно, каких-нибудь десять лет назад, по интересующим нас в данной работе вопросам мы вряд ли нашли бы сколь-нибудь исчерпывающие ответы. Ве...полностью>>
Если обратиться к словарю, термин «планирование семьи» означает право людей иметь детей, сознательно выбирать их количество и сроки их рождения, право...полностью>>
- Acquiring Good Seeds Quality seed strains are often difficult to obtain. This is especially true for people who hang in a predominantly straight crowd and know few people who partake in the fine erb. The rule of thumb is if the weed gets you pretty high then the seed is usually good to grow.
- Marijuana (also spelled marihuana) is a psychoactive drug made from the dried leaves and flowering parts of the hemp plant. It is one of the most strictly classified illegal drugs in the United States. Under the 1970 Controlled Substances Act, marijuana is listed as a Schedule I substance, which defines it as having ?a high potential for abuse? and ?no currently accepted medical use.
- These are some of the reasons that prohibition is a failure. When we realize that prohibition is a failure we can move on to more and better uses of cannabis. Abraham Lincoln once said this famous quote ?Prohibition will work great injury to the cause o
- Hemp is the plant called “cannabis sativa” which is more commonly called marijuana.Marijuana has been illegal in the U.S.. ever since the Great Depression. The question we must ask ourselves is “why?”Why is a drug that has so many beneficial uses illegal? Is it because its poisoning the youth of today? Is it because itleads to harder drugs, the health
- Indigenous to Asia, the hemp plant, source of marijuana, has been a multi-purpose herb for centuries. Its narcotic use is generally believed to have originated in the Far Eastern portion of the world, with its earliest recorded use in China, more than 5 years ago.
- Researching hemp I have found that there are many more benefits in legalizing it, then there are keeping it illegal. When interviewing people I found that the majority of the people who know the difference between hemp and marijuana agreed that it should be legalized and if they didn?t I informed them on hemp they agreed it should be legalized.
- Of the 682,885 arrests made in 1998, approximately 88% were for simple possession. The remaining 12% were for sale and manufacture. Every 52 seconds, a marijuana smoker is arrested in America. This is truly a waste of law enforcement and a waste of our tax money.
- When the subject of hemp is brought up, most of us think of an illegal plant that produces a hallucinogenic high when the flowers or leaves are eaten or smoked. A plant that corrupts our youth, causing our teenagers to drop out of school or use the drug as a stepping stone for harder drugs such as cocaine or heroin.
- Marijuana is an illegal drug with many medical uses and should be made legal for those patients who need it. There are many valuable medical uses for marijuana not recognized by the Federal Government. Though some states have legalized its use for patients with the permission of their physician, it remains at large an illegal Schedule I drug.
- Drugs are quite present in our society, and the United States drug policy has not deferred drug trafficking to the point where it is beneficial. Drug laws have created corruption, violence, increased street crime, and disrespect for the criminal justice system.
- “Suddenly honest, responsible Americans who just wanted a drink, were turned into criminals. Respectable bars became underground speak-easys, and legitimate liquor manufacturers were replaced by criminal bootleggers.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- For many years, the United States government has prohibited drugs such as marijuana from sale in the marketplace. Yet, with prohibition, marijuana use has decreased only minimally. Because of prohibition, the media has publicized only the bad aspects of marijuana use.
- For many years, the United States government has outlawed drugs such as marijuana from sale in the marketplace. Yet, with prohibition, marijuana use has decreased only minimally. It appears as though the media has publicized only the bad aspects of marijuana use.
- Marijuana is available anywhere in the world, as the black market is widespread and thriving very well. It has even started to be widespread in local malls where all kinds of hemp (marijuana) products for everyday use are becoming available. Marijuana goes under many names like Pot, Grass, Hash, Reefer, MaryJane, Weed and there are also names that depict the potency and place of origin like Bungo the Egyptian weed, Ganja the Jamaican weed, and Beu the French weed.
- Unlike tobacco smoke, cannabis smoke does not alter the small airways in any way. Small airway damage is where cigarette smoking causes its most long-term and permanent damage (110).
- Thesis: Should marijuana be legalized and can it be used in positive ways? In 1937, the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act prohibited the use, sale, and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the United States. Marijuana is a drug that is highly used through out the world.
- Hello my name is Chenoa Gipp, an I?m going to tell you about the drug commonly known as Marijuana. The scientific name being ?Cannabis Sativa.? Cannabis is the short name for the hemp plant. It is thought to have originated in Asia an then reached Europe more than a thousand years ago.
- Marijuana is a substance that has become very much a part of American culture. Nearly 65 million Americans have either used it occasionally or regularly. The use of marijuana hit mainstream America about thirty years ago and it has been accepted by a large segment of society ever since (Rosenthal 16).
- When one considers the medical benefits, both recently discovered and traditionally practiced, along with the high costs of prohibition, the legalization of marijuana shows itself to be a possible solution.