Экономика является одной из древнейших наук Она всегда привлекала внимание ученых и всех образованных людей Объясняется это тем, что изучение экономи...полностью>>
Индустриальный комплекс Уральского экономического района (УЭР) – один из самых мощных в стране Это старопромышленный район, отличающийся высоким уровн...полностью>>
Отечественная наука активно разрабатывает и обсуждает различные модели будущего развития национальной экономики Живой интерес к этой проблеме вызван п...полностью>>
Глобализация представляет процесс, в рамках которого между структурами национального производства и финансов устанавливается взаимозависимость, обу...полностью>>
- The Cold War is the term used to describe the intense rivalry between the United States and its allies and the Union of Soviet Socialists Republics and its allies. The Soviet Union and its allies were refereed to as the Eastern Bloc and the United States and its allies were referred to as the Western Bloc.
- The Civil War was the most convulsive and significant war in American history. After the Constitution was adopted by all of the States in 1789, uniting the States into one nation, differences between the States had been worked out through compromises.
- The center of the Aztec civilization was the Valley of Mexico, a huge,oval basin about 7,500 feet above sea level. The Aztecs were formed afterthe Toltec civilization occurred when hundreds of civilians came towards Lake Texcoco. In the swamplands there was only one piece of land to farm on and it was totally surrounded by more marshes.
- The territory now part of the United States has been inhabited for from 15, to 40, years, as attested by local evidence. The aboriginal peoples, ancestral to today’s American Indians, left no firm monuments on the scale of contemporaneous cultures elsewhere, but both the pueblos of the Southwest and the great mounds of the Mississippi River valley antedate the arrival of the European colonial powers.
- For twelve years following 1933 the many Jews in Germany were persecuted by the Nazis, who sought to blame German ruination on the Jews. It began with the boycotting and vandalization of Jewish businesses. By 1939, Jews were no longer citizens, could not attend public schools, engage nearly any business or profession, own any land, associate with any non-Jew, or visit public places such as parks and museums.
- The Jews are a people with a multitude of dilemmas. From theIsraelite tribes to the prosperous modern day Israel , bigotrytowards the Jews has been greatly evident. The Jewish race hasacted as Escape Goat for many crisis throughout history includingthe black plaque which swept across Europe in the 14th century.
- The Mafia started early in the 9th century. This was the period in which the Arab forces occupied Sicily. Sicilians needed a place to escape to. The word Mafia means refuge in Arab language. The Normans invaded a Sicily in the 11th century. Once again they were forced to work for these invaders as slaves.
- The twentieth century has seen many leaders come and go, but few have had the impact that Hitler and Stalin had. These two men, along with Mao of China, helped shaped the world as it is today. Hitler was one of the greatest motivators of his time. His uplifting speeches and fierce rhetoric rallied a desperate people in Germany.
- Only once in a lifetime will an invention come about to touch every aspect of our lives. Such a device that changes the way we work, live, and play is a very special one, indeed. “A machine that has done all this and more now exists in nearly every business in America and one out of every two households.
- the equality of these peoples in many regards to their European counterparts, the importation of slaves into America and their unspeakable travel conditions and treatment, the callous buildup of the agricultural economy around these slaves, the discontented colonists whose plight was ignored by the ruling bourgeoisie, and most importantly, the rising class and racial struggles in America that Zinn correctly credits as being the root of many of the problems that we as a nation have today.
- Into the place of the now dead autocracy stepped a temporary Provisional Government, and as you no doubt already know, it proved to be quite temporary.
- Before the end of the 18th century, few people had applied themselves to the study of flight. One was Leonardo da Vinci, during the 15th century. Leonardo was preoccupied chiefly with the bird flight and with flapping-wing machines, called ornithopters.
- When we study history we often encounter many one sided or inaccurate descriptions of the events that we are trying to learn about. This is in large part because the people writing about these events, historians were not actually there when history was being made.
- What is the “super predator”? They are young hypercriminals who are committing acts of violence of unprecedented coldness and brutality. This newest phenomenon in the world of crime is perhaps the most dangerous challenge facing society and law enforcement ever.
- The authors of The SS, were a collaboration of editors of Time-Life trying to show the factual evidence and knowledge of the SS with the least amount of biases and strict factual evidence. The first general consultant of the information, was Col. John R.
- The Civil War, much like a roller coaster, had several ups and downs that changed the course of events. However, one dramatic turning point in the war stands out above all others, The Battle of Gettysburg. From the beginning, the Union was destined to become victorious through superior military tactics and a more industrialization.
- The Battle of the Atlantic was the most prolonged struggle of World War II. This struggle was easily the one that came the closest to ending the war in Germany s favor. It was a battle that was extremely costly in terms of men s lives as well in terms of resources that affected virtually every continent in the world.
- THE ROARING TWENTIES Americans, in the years following the end of World War I found themselves in an era, where the people simply wished to detach themselves from the troubles of Europeans and the rest of the world. During the years of the Twenties, the economy was prosperous, there was widespread social reform, new aspects of culture were established, and people found better ways to improve their lifestyle and enjoy life.
- French Revolution, cataclysmic political and social upheaval, extending from 1789 to 1799. The revolution resulted, among other things, in the overthrow of the Bourbon monarchy in France and in the establishment of the First Republic. It was generated by a vast complex of causes, the most important of which were the inability of the ruling classes of nobility, clergy, and bourgeoisie to come to grips with the problems of state, the indecisive nature of the monarch, impoverishment of the workers, the intellectual ferment of the Age of Enlightenment, and the example of the American Revolution.
- On May 9, 1846, President James K. Polk informed his cabinet that he intended to ask Congress to declare war upon Mexico. Congress agreed, and soon, the United States of America was at war with its neighbor Mexico. These actions by our country will forever remain as a blemish upon her history.