After the Revolutionary War, the United States was in a state of economic chaos. Depression and inflation were prevalent as a result of the war. Estab...полностью>>
Демография (от греч. demos- народ и grapho- пишу)- наука о закономерностях воспроизводства населения, изучающая его численность, естественный прирост,...полностью>>
To criminilize something, that is to say make it illegal, requires months sometimes, even years of thought. When the lengthy process is underway, the ...полностью>>
- Since America first became free from British rule, its citizens have upheld a strong central feeling of nationalism and pride of what they had accomplished. As a whole they held the same ideals for what their new country should be based on. Religious freedom, republican government, and power to the people were the central ideals shared by the new free people of the United States.
- Born in Westmoreland County, Va., on Feb. 22, 1732, George Washington was the eldest son of Augustine Washington and his second wife, Mary Ball Washington, who were prosperous Virginia gentry of English descent. George spent his early years on the family estate on Pope’s Creek along the Potomac River.
- Hamilton opposed the view of Jefferson and stated that the Constitution?s writers could not have predicted the need of a bank for the United States. Hamilton said that the right to create the Bank of the United States was stated in the ?elastic? or the ?necessary and proper? clause in which the Constitution gave the government the power to pass laws that were necessary for the welfare of the nation.
- Taking office in New York City, Washington acted carefully and deliberately, aware of the need to build an executive structure that could accommodate future presidents. Hoping to prevent sectionalism from dividing the new nation, he toured the New England states and the South.
- In 1752, his brother, Lawrence died and George received his father’s estate in Mount Vernon. His brother’s death also brought about a future for George Washington. George Washington also received the title of adjutant – his brother’s previous rank. Major Washington’s first assignment was when he volunteered to carry the governor’s message to the French commander of immediate withdrawal.
- Hamilton led the Federalist Party. The wealthy people made up the majority or his party’s followers, and the businessmen in the cities made up the rest. They were called Hamiltonians. These people lived mostly in the eastern part of the union. On the other hand, Jefferson was the leader of the Democratic-Republican Party.