The Khmer Rouge were, at least partially, a reaction to the loss of political power and the social disorder brought on by the regional wars of the 196...полностью>>
The European Union of today has been described as an intergovernmental organization by some scholars and a supranational organization by others. But w...полностью>>
Along with the evolution of Science in the fifteenth Century appeared a desire to gather the founders of the intriguing experiments and windfalls. Suc...полностью>>
- The Greek culture of 2 BC through 146 BC was one of the most sophisticated, intellectual, and had some of the great thinkers of their time. Their architecture, writing, military tactics, lifestyle and philosophy were copied by countless civilizations to come.
- Among the earliest objects that have survived are stone figures archaeologists have given the title of Venus of willendorf a small stone figure found in Austria, dating from 0, B.C.. I think it is a symbolic sculpture most probably designed to represent and call forth human fertility.
- In 2 B.C.E, the Greeks settled the lands that were surrounded by the waters of the Aegean Sea and created a culture that shaped Western heritage forever. The Greeks made history when they settled in Mesopotamia, Egypt, Asia Minor, and Syria-Palestine.
- MALCOLM X INFLUENCED MANY of the leaders; who sought to give guidance to the grassroots militancy of the black power era. However, his intellectual legacy did not bridge the divide between black leaders and mobilized black masses. Despite his rhetorical support for black militancy, Malcolm himself did not lead a protest or insurgent movement.
- Today?s society in which we live in has based itself on the past achievements and failures of previous civilizations which rose and fell with the hands of time. Every one of those civilizations made certain contributions to history as well as developing human intellectuality in order to enhance its chances of becoming the supreme ruler of our planet?s resources.
- The time sequence of myth is extraordinary- an “other” time – the time before the conventional world came into being. Because myths refer to an extraordinary time and place and to gods and other supernatural beings and processes, they have usually been seen as aspects of religion.
- Martin Luther King spoke peaceful non-violent speeches. He also rallied boycotts, sit ins, and public marches. X, as in Malcolm X, was also a leader in the civil rights movement. He was an ordinary African American man until he went to jail. In jail he meet a man that taught him a lot about the world and turned him to Muhammad, a religious leader.
- ( Grolier) The Roman mythology was to consist of twelve to thirteen main gods. Each having a function in the life of the everyday Roman that would require some sort of worshipping.
- By at least the eight century B.C., a group of Italic people known as the Oscans occupied the region; they most likely established Pompeii, although the exact date of its origin is unknown.
- The Medici of FlorenceJason N WesselsHST 403, Mr ReedHarris-Stowe State College, Spring 1998 1Introduction The Medici Family ruled over Florence for four generations at the center of the Italian Renaissance. They commissioned some of the world’s most celebrated works of art , and propelled Italian thought and philosophy to new heights.
- 8500 BC during the ????????????? Palaeolithic period. Evidence of human activity was found in cave dwellings near ????????????? Liopetri, though it is not known whether they were just hunting parties passing ????????????? through or permanent settlers.
- The first part of this essay will outline the main arguments of the feminist ecologists and deal with the concept of Ecofeminism. The second part will sketch the main arguments of Rosemary Radford Reuther book, “Gaia and God”. The final part of this essay will analyze: Starhawk’s The Spiral Dance, “Witchcraft as Goddess Religion”, The Homeric Hymn to Demeter, and “the Descent of Inanna” and examine the pros and cons of the position that a return to goddess worship would save our planet.
- This was success and recognition as a ?grand master? of twentieth century photography. This was a legacy that tells an interesting tale; it tells a tale of a thousand plus successful and loved photographs, a daily journal, and a life with its ups and downs and broad dimensions.
- B. Adam Library Relating to Dr. Samuel Johnson and His Era, 19 9-1930); important holdings are in other private collections. The Yale University Library, the British Library, the Bodleian Library, the library of Pembroke College, Oxford, and the Johnson Birthplace Museum, Lichfield, have important manuscripts.
- Architecture, the practice of building design and its resulting products; customary usage refers only to those designs and structures that are culturally significant. Architecture is to building as literature is to the printed word. Vitruvius, a 1st-century BC Roman, wrote encyclopedically about architecture, and the English poet Sir Henry Wotton was quoting him in his charmingly phrased dictum: “Well building hath three conditions: Commoditie, Firmenes, and Delight.
- Classical Chinese theory of mind is similar to Western “folk psychology” in that both mirror their respective background view of language. They differ in ways that fit those folk theories of language. The core Chinese concept is xin (the heart-mind). As the translation suggests, Chinese folk psychology lacked a contrast between cognitive and affective states ([representative ideas, cognition, reason, beliefs] versus [desires, motives, emotions, feelings]).
- The 1960’s was the heart of the civil rights movement. Amidst the chaos, nonviolence policies, the marches and the police brutalities, many black leaders strived to unite the blacks and win them their rights. Among these leaders was a man named Malcolm X, also known as El Hajj Malik El Shabazz.
- Lost Worlds and King Kong: The Early Years Ray Harryhausen was born in Los Angeles on June 9, 19 0. From the time he could grasp a pencil, young Ray loved to draw and play with modeling clay.
- Aggression is difficult to define, it is a complex phenomenon, and depending upon the context the term can be made to carry either positive or negative connotations, it can be attacking behavior that may be either self-protective and self-assertive or to the infliction of injury toward oneself or toward others, to the total destruction of others.
- In the Western hemisphere, slavery is a form of human exploitation that was evident from the middle of the fifteenth century. In fact, slavery was a conventional practice during the early days of the Roman Empire as the Greeks were often enslaved. During the late eighteenth century to the middle of the nineteenth century, slavery was an important and controversial issue in the United States.