Сократ-ұлы көне дана, ойла европалық рационалистік және ағартушылық дәстүрлердің қайнар көздерінде тұрады Оған адамгершілік философия тарихінде көрнек...полностью>>
СОКРАТ (Афины, 469–399 гг до н э ) – знаменитый античный философ, учитель Платона, воплощенный идеал истинного мудреца в исторической памяти человечес...полностью>>
Сократ (470-469 - 399 до н э ) - первый из трех выдающихся мыслителей эпохи высокой классики Древней Греции Он был воплощением эллинской мудрости, его...полностью>>
Религиозное реформаторство порождает русское богоискательство "Истинным образователем наших религиозных устремлений" был В С Соловьев Многое...полностью>>
- Like many pioneer fields of study, there are uncertainties associated with the science of global warming. This does not imply that all things are equally uncertain. Some aspects of the science are based on well-known physical laws and documented trends, while other aspects range from ‘near certainty’ to ‘big unknowns’.
- This essay will address the question, what is global warming, and how is it affecting the Earth and its inhabitants? Despite much media coverage of the role of human activity in the furthering of harmful global warming effects, the majority of the general public does not view global warming as a definite and imminent danger.
- Current life on Earth could not be sustained without the natural greenhouse effect. The natural Greenhouse Effect is not an environmental concern, whereas an Enhanced Greenhouse Effect, the increase of greenhouse gas concentrations from anthropogenic activities, and Global Warming are considered to be.
- Humankind is conducting an ongoing experiment to see what will happen to our health and to the well being of the planet when changes in the earth’s climate are made. This experiment is called global warming. Global warming is allegedly changing the world, as we know it.
- Although Sowell?s article was interesting reading and had some good points in it, for me, it did not support its conclusion. That is that Washington wants to scare the population about Global Warming, so it can expand its power in answer to society?s demand to ?fix? the problem.
- It was the industrial revolution and overpopulation of humans that was the cause of the environmental problems that we have today. . Human Activity Causing the Problem The reason our Earth is getting hotter is that human activities are emitting too much carbon dioxide into the atmosphere.
- Global warming is a huge environmental and economic challenge that we are facing in the 21st century. Global warming is also commonly referred to as the greenhouse effect. Global warming can affect entire ecosystems and climates, which in turn affect the way in which people live.
- documented by researchers throughout the world for several years. It is a phenomenon that has the potential to destroy our planet and all life on it. This essay will briefly define global warming, provide evidence of global warming, outline the main causes of global warming and discuss both the known and potential impacts of global warming on the planet earth.
- The numbers are striking. No region of the world will be unaffected if Global Warming continues to increasingly grow. Yet day after day people take actions that can change the earth and its climate in significant ways. Many people just stand motionless as the wave of climate change becomes more apparent.
- The earth s climate is predicted to change because human activities are altering the chemical composition of the atmosphere through the buildup of greenhouse gases primarily carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide. The heat-trapping property of these gases is undisputed.
- First I am going to start with the ozone layer. It all takes place in the Stratosphere about 6 miles (10km) to 30 miles (50km) above the earth. This is where the ozone is and the ozone protects us from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation. Ozone = (O3)= O + O2 = (O3).
- Global warming during the past century has been so gradual as to be nearly imperceptible. Neither does it adhere to a regular schedule or predictable pattern, which perhaps explains why doubters and nay-sayers still dispute the whole idea. Their ranks are shrinking, however, in the face of a growing body of evidence.
- surface to reflect 30% of the solar radiation. It also uses a sulfate haze, which is formed by sulfur dioxide from industrial sources that enter the atmosphere and react with compounds to form a high-level aerosol. These cool the atmosphere by blocking us from direct contact with the sun.
- Human kind has entered a brand new relationship with the earth The constant and increasing pressures we are exerting threaten our planets ability to sustain life itself Change-in the way we think , and in the way we live-is needed now Global warming is the most urgent environmental problem the world will face in the next decade and the next century Few, if any, trends are more important to our future than climate change caused by human activities Scientist around the world are warning us that global warming poses a major threat to our future quality of life, previously there has been little in
- Global Warming Is A Serious Issue That Should Have Immediate Attention As Vice President Al Gore has said about the threat of global warming, it is “the most serious problem our civilization faces” (2). It has become quite an issue internationally because of the threat of increasing greenhouse gasses.
- Water…Water…everywhere, and not a drop to drink, or so it will seem. While seventy one percent of our planet is covered by water, it would seem that we could never run out. But of that seventy one percent, ninety seven percent is salt water. The other three percent is fresh water, which is in the form of: oceans, glaciers, polar caps, lakes, rivers, and ground water.
- The importance of the stratospheric ozone layer, which filters out most of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation, in protecting the Earth’s surface from the harmful effects of solar ultraviolet radiation has been recognized for many decades It was not until the early 1970s, however, that scientists began to actually grasp the fact that even relatively small decreases in the stratospheric ozone concentration can have a serious impact on human health–an increased occurrence of skin cancer, particularly in fair-skinned people The process that causes this decrease in the stratospheric ozone is r
- Carbon dioxide (CO2) is responsible for more than half the human contribution to the greenhouse effect, and concentrations have climbed steadily from around 280 parts per million at the dawn of the industrial revolution meaning 0.028 percent of the air s volume is taken up by the gas to around 355 ppm today.
- In the 21st century there is no doubt that new infectious diseases will appear, and they will grow stronger and more ferocious. There are new viruses that are coming out of nature and ?discovering? the human species. Due to our mistakes and way of life these deadly viruses are expected to increase in the future and possibly come at higher levels.
- The impact of people on their environment can be devastating. This is where the respective role of governments can make decisions that shape environmental policy and responsibilities. These governments can be broken up into four different levels: local, state, federal and international.