Недвижимость является главным предметом обсуждения при приватизации государственной и муниципальной собственности, при аренде нежилых помещений, при п...полностью>>
В России в условиях рыночной экономики все большую роль играет рынок Одним из его видов является рынок недвижимости, в котором главную роль играет нед...полностью>>
Рынок недвижимости – это определенный набор механизмов, посредством которых передаются права на собственность и связанные с ней интересы, устанавливаю...полностью>>
- The Exxon Valdez Oil SpillAn Environmental Disaster?Presentation byDr. Ed Gilfilan Dr. Gilfilan?s presentation was about the studies that he did after the spill of theExxon Valdez. The Exxon Valdez ran aground on Bligh Reef and spilled 11, , gallons ofoil into the Prince William Sound in Alaska.
- In March of 1989, the Exxon Valdez oil tanker ran aground on Bligh Reef in Prince William Sound, Alaska. An eighteen foot wide hole was ripped into the hull, and 10.9 million gallons of crude oil spilled into the ocean. In the following weeks, many things transpired.
- The scientific debate continues over the environmental consequences of what happened just after midnight on Good Friday, March 24, 1989, when the grounded vessel leaked nearly 11 million gallons of North Slope crude. But the disaster’s effects on people are clear — and dramatically mixed.
- The Exxon Valdez is an American oil tanker that went aground on a reef in Prince William Sound, Alaska, on the night of March 24, 1989. The nine hundred and eighty seven-foot tanker ran aground on a reef and started to leak oil. The leakage continued for two days, totaling eleven million gallons the largest oil spill in U.
- The worst imaginable environmental catastrophe that could occur in Maryland has just become a reality. The lifeblood of Southern Maryland’s Watermen has been forever affected. The ecosystems of the Patuxtent River and Chesapeake Bay have been irreversibly contaminated.
- Oil Spills are large-scale accidental discharges of liquid petroleum products which cause pollution along shorelines. The most spectacular involved the supertankers used for oil transport, but many other ship also spill oil, and offshore drilling operations contribute a large share of the pollution.
- The Exxon Valdez oil tanker left the Trans Alaska Pipeline terminal at 9:12 PM March 23, 1989. The Exxon Valdez was the companies second newest tanker, it was 987 feet long and was carrying 53,094,510 gallons of crude oil. It’s destination, Long Beach California.
- When people hear the phrase “oil spill: they think a bunch of black stuff all in the water. Well there is a lot more to it then just that. It is an economical disaster as well as an environmental one. As you read along you will see how devastating this one oil spill, the Exxon Valdez, really was compared to others.
- Imagine that you are a just a small, ordinary seabird. It is March 24, 1987 and far away from you is an enormous tanker called the Exxon Valdez, coming at an astonishing speed. You do not worry, for these huge ships come along very occasionally in the Alaskan waters.
- One area of the world affected by our careless habits is our coastlines and the marine habitats that vast amounts of species rely on. These particular areas of the world are being destroyed because humans don?t seem to care as long as they make a couple of dollars in the process.
- В результате катастрофы около 10,8 миллионов галлонов нефти (около 260 тыс. баррелей или 40,9 миллионов литров) вылилось в море, образовав нефтяное пятно в 28 тысяч квадратных километров. Всего танкер перевозил 54,1 миллиона галлонов нефти. Было загрязнено нефтью около двух тысяч километров береговой линии.
- This spill killed 35, sea birds, 10, otters, and at least nine whales. The spill left pools of oil up to three feet on some beaches. In December of 1989, an Iranian tanker leaked 70, tons, about 19 million gallons of oil off of the coast of Morocco.
- The environmental impacts of offshore oil drilling greatly outweigh the economic benefits provided. Although it has been a continuous activity for more than a decade, One can not help but wonder why offshore drilling continues when considering the pollution caused, how it eliminates the supply of natural resources, murders innocent sea creatures, and actually damages the national economy.
- Взрыв нефтяной платформы Deepwater Horizon — авария, произошедшая 20 апреля 2010 года в 80 километрах от побережья штата Луизиана в Мексиканском заливе и со временем переросшая в техногенную катастрофу сначала локального, затем регионального масштаба, с негативными последствиями для экосистемы региона на многие десятилетия вперёд.
- Oil spills are one of–if not the worst types of pollution. They happen most often in the ocean and then get spread around by tides and currents where they enter streams and rivers and cover everything. They kill life and pollute more in a short amount of time than pesticides and human waste combined in about 1 year.
- We tend to think of water in terms of a particular purpose: is the quality of the water good enough for the use we want to make of it? Water is fit for our own use but may be unfit for another?s. We may, for instance, trust the quality of lake water enough to swim in it, but not enough to drink it.
- Pollution of lakes, rivers, streams, and oceans has been killing land and water animals for years. Water pollution kills all kinds of animals every year. The EXXON VALDEZ oil spill near anchorage Alaska caused over 3, otters to die, 36, different kinds of seabirds were killed and over 100 eagles.
- In the fourth era of the consumer movement, the key marketplace features include concern for the environment, increasingly complex technology, a diverse market, and a global market. Concern for the environment has manifested itself in a number of different ways.
- Sleep deprivation consumes people all over the world on a regular basis. But what causes sleep deprivation? What are the consequences of being sleep deprived? And how can the poor tormented sleepy people all over the world get a good night?s rest? Let?s explore the exhausted world of sleep deprivation.
- The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli provides an analysis on how to govern and maintain power in a principality. In the first five chapters, he defines the three ways a monarch can acquire his dominion: either he inherits it, whether he creates a new one, or annexes territories, and further discusses how to govern them.