Anorexia nervosa can be defined as self-starvation leading to a body weight 15% normal. This disease is also accompanied with hyperactivity, hypotherm...полностью>>
Основателем пифагорейства является Пифагор Самосский (580-500 гг.). Пифагор был учеником Анаксимандра, а также изучал математику и астрономию в Египте...полностью>>
Наследуя все лучшие стороны языка Pascal и дополняя их современными технологиями программирования, основанными на идеологии объектно-ориентированного ...полностью>>
Природу и функционирование сознания невозможно понять вне исследования социокультурной его детерминированности. Классическая философия изначально исхо...полностью>>
- Mandarax would always have something to say under any circumstance, but usually what it said had nothing to do with what was going on. Much like an internet search engine, you give it a bit of information and in return you get a whole lot of nothing.
- “Euthanasia, formerly called, mercy killing, or assisted suicide, euthanasia means intentionally making someone die, rather than allowing that person to die naturally. Put bluntly, euthanasia means killing in the name of compassion” (International 1).
- The birth of the first Buddha started out with a dream. Queen Maha-Maya of the Sakya warrior caste had a dream when the moon was full during the midsummer festival. Four guardian angels lifted her up and took her to the Himalaya Mountains where they laid her under a sal-tree.
- Nathaniel Hawthorne’s novel The Scarlet Letter , had a controversial plot when it was published in 1850. The same controversy exists today even though there is a decline in moral behavior. The main character, Hester Prynne, and her scarlet “A” have been a symbol of adultery for over one hundred years.
- —– What is a V-chip? This term has become a buzz word for any discussion evolving telecommunications regulation and television ratings, but not too many reports define the new technology in its fullest form. A basic definition of the V-chip; is a microprocessor that can decipher information sent in the vertical blanking of the NTSC signal, purposefully for the control of violent or controversial subject matter.
- Casy, however, was much more complex than the average individual. His unpredjudiced, unified, Christ-like existence twists and turns with every mental and extraneous disaccord. Jim Casy is an interesting, complicated man. He can be seen as a modern day Christ figure, except without the tending manifest belief in the Christian faith.
- We are grateful for the opportunity to comment on the issues involved in the BMA’s Consultation Paper Withdrawing and Withholding Treatment and would be willing to help further if requested.
- Chapters two and three of Beauchamp and Bowie’s Ethical Theory And Business address the very issues of corporate social responsibility that should rightly exist within every company’s infrastructure; however, the authors’ enlightening contentions enable the reader to realize that social integrity is not something that is often at the forefront of modern day business dealings.
- But others argue in favor of continuing human cloning research, of continuing to clone human embryos and perhaps cloning adult humans in the future. Some arguments in favor of human cloning might include the fact that cloned human embryos would make research into genetics and genetically related diseases, and their treatments or preventions, much easier and cheaper.
- Responsibilities for the ethical use of computers vary among individuals based on their basic principles of moral reasoning. As an individual, my beliefs are distinctive to my social and moral background. These beliefs are then molded from my interactions in educational and community environments.
- Ethics have always been an important part of anthropology, and this paper will also deal with the ethical goals of today’s anthropologists and some of the ethical problems they are faced with. The information of this paper was obtained entirely from the internet.
- The topic for this paper is the social responsibility of business. There are many different areas of this topic and they are constantly debated as to whether they are ethical or not. The issue that is to be looked at here is whether or not companies should be required to make charitable contributions either externally to society or internally within the company.
- AbstractThis paper sets out to defend human genetic engineering with a new bioethical approach, post-humanism, combined with a radical democratic political framework. Arguments for the restriction of human genetic engineering, and specifically germ-line enhancement, are reviewed.
- Compare Mill and Kant’s ethical theories; which makes a better societal order? John Stuart Mill (1808-73) believed in an ethical theory known as utilitarianism. There are many formulation of this theory. One such is, “Everyone should act in such a way to bring the largest possibly balance of good over evil for everyone involved.
- The book questions the belief system of Western medicine as well as the Hmong beliefs and cultural practices. Fadiman encourages us to think of the root of Western culture and medicine as well as learning about the Hmong?s beliefs.
- between the media and its involvement in business ethics. No matter what the form of media looked at, they all have the ability of being either an aid to business’s success or a detriment. The press and the media are responsible for reporting news, issues and events as clearly as possible.
- ?The unexamined life is not worth living.? With these words, Socrates stated the creed of reflective men and women and set the task for ethics: to seek, with the help of reason, a consistent and defensible approach to life and its moral dilemmas (Walters 22).
- I believe that the Cultural Relativist theory takes into consideration the different cultures that make up the population as a whole. The idea of universal truth in ethics, is a myth. The customs of different societies are all that exist. These customs can not be ‘correct’ or ‘incorrect’ for that implies there is an independent standard of right and wrong by which they may be judged.
- The phrase ?professional ethics? is stated as a meaning of morality. Morality to the business world suggests how one should behave toward oneself and toward other individuals: whether to be friendly or unfriendly or whether to be generous or greedy. These, and other questions dealt with in a field of study are called Professional Ethics.
- While employee monitoring by management is nothing new, electronic monitoring (EM), is a relatively new phenomenon. According to Vaught, EM can be described as the use of electronic instruments or devices such as radio, video, and computer systems to collect, store, analyze, and report individual or group actions or performance .