Around 1519, a Spaniard by the name of Hernan Cortes sailed to what we now know as modern day Mexico. Diego Velazques, governor of Cuba, instructed Co...полностью>>
Communism has failed in Europe because of its lack of care for the individual, its corrupt leaders and also because it went against human nature. Two ...полностью>>
Protocol No. to the European Convention on Human Rights to Abolish is an agreement to abolish the death penalty in peacetime....полностью>>
- EFFECTS OF TIME SCALE FOCUS ON IMPROVEMENT OF DYNAMIC CAUSAL UNDERSTANDING by Dalton Ebun Manfred McCormack SUBMITTED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION SCIENCES IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DEGREE OF MASTER OF PHILOSPHY at the UNIVERSITY OF BERGEN Autumn, 1998 AcknowledgmentsMany people contributed to the development of this thesis.
- Laughter can be a powerful therapy for most patients and the caregivers. There are many benefits from the effects of humor and laughter on the body, mind, and spirit; the patient during recovery from illness; and the health professional during delivery of care.
- In the last part of the eighteenth century, a new revolution was formed and gave birth to a new standard of living. It shaped the world into what people of “today” are familiar with. This major occurrence of the late eighteenth century is known as the industrial revolution.
- Things that matter most should never be at the mercy of thing that matter least . We, as human beings, let this happen much too often. Many of us waste our time on things that are neither important nor necessary, instead of using that time for thing of that are significant.
- Drug use is the increasing problem among teenagers in colleges today. Most drug use begins in the preteen and teenage years, these years most crucial in the maturation process. During these years adolescents are faced with difficult tasks of discovering their self identity, clarifying their sexual roles, assenting independence, learning to cope with authority and searching for goals that would give their lives meaning.
- Teenage pregnancy is a major concern in today’s society; there are many ways to prevent teenage pregnancy, many people to get advice from, and many decisions a teenage parent must make. The statistics tell that the U.S. has the highest rate of teen pregnancy and births.
- Cliques are an obvious part of every school across the nation. Whether the words, jock, preppie, skater, or goodie-goodie, are brought to mind, almost everyone thinks of their high school and how distinguished the groups were back then. Most schools probably did not have many noticeable effects from the different cliques there, but some schools show it more than others do.
- Deflation is a persistent fall in some generally followed aggregate indicator of price movements, such as the consumer price index or the GDP deflator Generally, a one-time fall in the price level does not constitute a deflation Instead, one has to see continuously falling prices for well over a year before concluding that the economy suffers from deflation How long the fall has to continue before the public and policy makers conclude that the phenomenon is reflected in expectations of future price developments is open to question For example, in Japan, which has the distinction of experiencin
- In the past century, one of the greatest threats to North America’s aquatic ecosystem has been the widespread acidification of hundreds of thousands of waterways. Acid rain has effected plant and animal life within aquatic ecosystems, as well as microbiologic activity by affecting the rates of decomposition and the accumulation of organic matter.
- Computers have already entered all the spheres of human activity including the process of teaching and studying. Nowadays skills of computer operating are very important for representatives of every profession. There exists a notion "computer literacy" that convincingly illustrates the fact of importance of computer proficiency.
- Angus Young of the rock band AC/DC is what comes to mind when picturing a school uniform. His uniform or costume if you will, is that of an English schoolboy dressed in a suit type uniform but shorts instead of slacks and a funky hat. A group of small boys and girls all warring the same colored uniforms assembled in front of the catholic school down the street is another picture that comes to my mind when thinking about school uniforms.
- Since the publishing date of the first illustrated books, the hero characters have taken their places in the daily life of the people. In fact, many hero characters had existed for centuries through the history. They had been living in tales and epic stories and being spread by the word of mouth between people but they were not as effective as the visual ones.
- It is obvious that significant improvements have been made in the way that the criminal justice system deals with Blacks during the history of the United States. Blacks have not always been afforded a right to trial, not to mention a fair one. Additionally, for years, Blacks were unable to serve on juries, clearly affecting the way both Blacks and whites were tried.
- Environmentalism is a broad philosophy and social movement regarding concerns for environmental conservation and improvement of the state of the environment Environmentalism and environmental concerns are often represented by the color green 
- AbstractThe current experiment investigates the effects of different types of social pressure on academic performance of entering freshmen. Ninety undergraduate students (45 males and 45 females) were randomly assigned to three equal groups. Students of the first group experienced positive social pressure and their first semester GPA’s were used as a dependent variable.
- The most recent phenomenon in today s society is youth crime, and the type of serious crimes that youths are committing. The key question that one must ask oneself is why are the children of tomorrow committing these crimes, and what measures are government organizations, and interest groups taking to deter young peoples and at the same time re-habilitating young offenders? The issues this paper will be analysing will show the comparison between the Young Offenders Act versus the Youth Criminal Justice Act, with projected changes initiated by the YCJA and who wants these changes.
- The modern economy represents very difficult system each part of which is closely connected with others and plays an important role. But, one of the major roles is played by the bank system providing at the present stage development of economic mutual relations, normal functioning of all economy as a whole.
- The authors have divided the text into 15 chapters with no further subdivisions. It is possible, however, to group the chapters into specific areas of study. For example, the first chapter, “Business Failure — Business Success,” examines why businesses fail, and provides the reason for continuing with the remainder of the text.
- Social responsibility is the concept that business is part of the larger society in which it exists and must therefore act in a way that not only advances the firm, but also serves the society. More than ever firms are being challenged to integrate social responsibilities in to their operations.
- " She is now a conscious Queen "Adequate—Erect/ With Will to choose, or to reject–." From "Vesuvius at Home: The Power of Emily Dickinson," reprinted in On Lies, Secrets, and Silences (W.