Среди тех, кто совершил наиболее тяжкие преступления, можно выделить особую категорию – серийных убийц, то есть тех, кто убил не один раз и чаще всего...полностью>>
Класичними операціями ринку грошей є: операції з міжбанківського кредитування; короткострокові вклади фінансово-кредитних інституцій у комерційні банк...полностью>>
AEIOU — акроним, который император Фридрих III размещал на различных ценных вещах, своём гербе, а также на тех сооружениях, которые были построены под...полностью>>
- Marijuana tends to be disassociated with the conventional spectrum of drugs in today s society. Certainly we can agree that cocaine, ecstasy, and heroine are drugs and thus highly addictive and dangerous. But can marijuana be mentioned in the same breath as these drugs? It is not my point nor belief to disagree that marijuana is a drug that can be addictive.
- At times these systems have resisted the necessity to adapt with its components (Society) creating a deficit between the system and those it regulates. As the deficits develop, they cause instability, and could lead to revolution.
- Marijuana is the most widely used drug in the world today. Is marijuana as dangerous as it is made out to be. A large variety of different people have many different opinions depending on their professions. Many doctors disagree with each other and the subject is one of their most controversial topics.
- The controversy surrounding the legalization of drugs has raged since the late 1930s and it seems it will continue well into the future. Such a debate has been apparent in the American marketplace of ideas before with the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920’s.
- I have often wondered why the “War on Drugs” has not been very effective, in fact, it really has done nothing. Take for example marijuana. It is banned in any form of growth and use everywhere in the United States. Yet, this drug gets just as much use as alcohol.
- Collier?s Encyclopedia defines marijuana as a crude drug composed of the leaves, stems, and flowering buds of the Indian hemp plant, Cannabis sativa. The flowering tops of the plant secrete a sticky resin that contains the psychoactive material for which marijuana is used.
- The chemical in marijuana that has medicinal benifits is delta-9- tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Studies have shown that marijuana can ease pain, relieve nausea, and generally relax a person.
- Another thought was whether the Post had interviewed more boys than girls or vice versa. Racial makeup of those involved in the study was another issue that the Post did not elaborate on.
- The hippies were a main part of the social aspect of this decade. If you were a freethinking individual who did many mind-altering drugs then you might have been considered a Hippie. Hippies also made up the biggest social protest of this decade. They rejected traditional society The Hippies movement was closely tied to the anti-war movement.
- The Internet is, literally, a network of networks. It is made of thousands of interconnected networks spanning the globe. The computers that form the Internet range from huge mainframes in research establishments to humble PCs in people’s homes and offices.
- The Alaska earthquake of 1964 and following tsunami took 125 lives (tsunami 110, earthquake 15), and caused about $311 million in property loss. It is the biggest earthquake ever measured with an intensity of 9.2 on the Richter Scale. Earthquake effects were big in many towns, including Anchorage, Chitina, Glennallen, Homer, Hope, Kasilof, Kenai, Kodiak, Moose Pass, Portage, Seldovia, Seward, Sterling, Valdez, Wasilla, and Whittier.
- the equality of these peoples in many regards to their European counterparts, the importation of slaves into America and their unspeakable travel conditions and treatment, the callous buildup of the agricultural economy around these slaves, the discontented colonists whose plight was ignored by the ruling bourgeoisie, and most importantly, the rising class and racial struggles in America that Zinn correctly credits as being the root of many of the problems that we as a nation have today.
- “I fear we shall never be rid of God because we retain our faith in grammar” is the culminating sentence in Friedrich Nietzsche’s argument (in Twilight of the Idols) concerning the relationship between a belief in God and grammatical habit–our tendency to see things in terms of subject/object.
- David Harvey is well-known in social theory circles for books like Social Justice and the City (1973), The Limits to Capital (1982), The Urbanization of Capital (1985), and Consciousness and The Urban Experience (1985) — all seminal attempts to chart the relatively new and unexplored interface between political economy and urban geography.
- Marijuana is a drug that comes from a variety of common hemp known as cannabis indica. The much more potent hashish is also derived from the plant cannabis indica. What is sold on the street as marijuana, hemp, weed, pot, or bud are the dried leaves and the flowering tops of the plant.
- One of the largest problems with the prison issue in America today is that it gets little attention. Unlike education, pollution or gun control people are usually not concerned enough to get involved with the problem until it happens to someone they love or themselves.
- Marijuana is the most profitable and versatile plant in the world, yet it is illegal. Tobacco and alcohol have no medicinal values, but they are legal. Where as marijuana has thousands of positive uses and it is illegal. Marijuana should be made legal for its many positive therapeutic, environmental, and economic effects.
- The correlation of drugs and drug-using behavior is linked to crime in several fashions. Most directly, it is a crime to use, possess, manufacture, or distribute drugs classified as illegal. Illegal drug sale?s is also accompanied by violence, which leads to deadlier crimes.
- The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution states that people have the right to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, but the issue at hand here is whether this also applies to the searches of open fields and of objects in plain view and whether the fourth amendment provides protection over these as well.
- The term drug abuse most often refers to the use of a drug with such frequency that it causes physical or mental harm to the user or impairs social functioning Although the term seems to imply that users abuse the drugs they take, in fact, it is themselves or others they abuse by using drugs