Following in the lines of Jerome and Athanasius, Sulpicius Severus composed a biography of St. Martin of Tours. Concerned more with miracles and encou...полностью>>
Robert Frost?s poetic images and topics changed as a result of the depression. Reflected in Robert Frost?s poetry lie the feelings and concerns of Ame...полностью>>
With socialization, learning, not instinct is responsible for the development of values, identities, and roles in relationship to society. Michael Mes...полностью>>
Smoking is the most important single preventable cause of illness and premature death in North America. In the United States alone, more than 500, dea...полностью>>
- Any time that a group enters a foreign habitat it must adapt to be able to thrive in its new environment. When a bird flies to a new home it must learn what it can and cannot eat in that area. The bird must learn what predators it has to avoid and what the climate is in its new environment.
- Thomas mother was known as a noblewoman from Naples and was greatly praised for her piety(Waltz,3). Thomas also had three known brothers; Aimo, Ronald, and Landulf.
- Religious and intellectual institutions underwent significant changes throughout the middle ages. In some cases, advances were made, and in others, there was a major decline. Through all of these times, the people of the middle ages learned what didn t work, what did, and how to progress once they found what did work.
- Renaissance started to take hold, and the church’s power gradually began to wain. The monarchies of Europe also began to grow replacing the church’s power. Monarchies, at the close of the Middle Ages and the dawn of the Renaissance, did not so much seek the guidance of the church as much as it sought their approval.
- Finding the truth in all things is what made Thomas a great saint. Faith and truth were always his main thought. Before I did the research I didn’t know what to anticipate, I learned that Thomas Aquinas was a saint, philosopher, theologian, doctor of the church, and a patron of catholic universities.
- When W.E.B. Du Bois announced in his marvelous work Souls of Black Folk, that the “problem of the 20th Century is the color line . . .” immediately he set out a social and analytical paradigm that instantly recognized that the major racial problem in America was that existing between Blacks and Whites.
- Presidential Era 1. Vice Presidential Race . Manipulation of the Press 3. Federal Regulatory Laws 4. Foreign Policy 5. Strong Executive Branch D. Post-Presidential Era 1. Taft . The Progressive Party IV. Post-Rooseveltian America A. Wilson 1.
- By what right did the Europeans conquer the American Indians, take their land, and subjugate them? There were three arguments: 1) The view propounded by Bartolome de Las Casas, God’s angry man of the sixteenth century. He argued that all men are endowed with natural rights, that the Europeans had no right to enslave the Indians, that according to natural law the Indians were entitled to live as free men, under their own rulers and their own laws.
- The church had considerable material wealth, which instigated a problem: Who was superior, Pope or King? This question caused a great deal of strife during the Middle Ages, but the pope always had the advantage, until the end of the Medieval Period, when the state finally triumphed over the popes? powers of interdict and excommunication.
- Dies IraeProbably the composition of Thomas of Celano (?)1200?–1255? – a native of Abruzzi, Dies irae, dies illa, solvet saeclum in favilla, teste David cum Sybilla. Quantus tremor est futurus, quando judex est venturus, cuncta stricte discussurus. Day of wrath! On that day Heaven and earth shall melt away David and the Sibyl say Fright men’s hearts rudely rends, when from heaven the Judge descends on whose sentence each depends.
- Thomas Aquinas, is a well-known theologian, who brought about many new ideas, common beliefs, and laws that are still talked about today. His works reflect everything from trying to prove the existence of God to the human emotion of lust. What is acceptable in the Roman Catholic Church usually stems from Aquinas thoughts and understanding of humanity and the earthly world.
- The Dominican Republic or also known as La Republica Dominicana is a small island that is 18,816 square miles, located off the coast of Florida. The Dominicans of this land share their island with the Haitians. The island has a subtropical climate, mountains, rolling hills, and fertile river valleys.
- The Jesuits were the largest of the new orders of the Catholic Reformation. They were the most clerical and highly organized. They were the most Roman – for their Basque founder, Ignatius Loyola, committed his Company, as he usually called it, to the service of the papacy and made Rome his headquarters.
- What a company usually wants for its business is for it to be an successful establishment and to make an abundance of profit. Some businesses do not pose any concern on what they have to do to make this profit as long as it done. Multinational companies are firms with their home base in one country and operations in many other nations.
- In the 16th century there was a general movement for reform in Europe. The reform obviously varied from culture to culture, religion playing a bigger part of the reform at the time. However cultures with widely differing practices often share certain fundamental values.
- In America today, there is a large and diverse African-American population. Within this population, there are several ethnic groups. The other ethnic group similar to Afro-Americans is Dominicans. Not only are they both minorities, but they also look similar as well.
- “Black vs. White” is not a story only seen in the United States of America. It is a problem which has, and still continues to plague many sections of the world. This problem, in many instances, goes beyond a stereotypical belief that the battle is fought due to cultural differences.
- During its golden age, the sprawling metropolis of Rome was decorated with dozens of beautiful arches veneered with the finest marble and ordained with ivory statues of the gods. Citizens of Rome were entertained by literally thousands of fountains and bathes supplied with scores of aqueducts (Hadas 37).
- England (Latin Anglia), political division of the island of Great Britain, constituting, with Wales, the principal division of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. England occupies all of the island east of Wales and south of Scotland, another division of the United Kingdom.
- Spanish Colony 1565 – 1898Ferdinand Magellan set out from Spain in 1519 on the first voyage to circumnavigate the globe with five ships and a complement of 264 crew. Three years later in 1522, only the one ship, the Victoria, returned to Spain with 18 men.