"Человек всмотрелся в свои уравнения и заявил, что Вселенная имела начало Вначале был взрыв, - сказал он, - назовем его "Большой Взрыв"...полностью>>
Говоря о таком понятии как патриотизм, я считаю необходимым упомянуть некоторые отличительные особенности современной эпохи Прежде всего нас интересуе...полностью>>
Античная философия, то есть философия древних греков и древних римлян, зародилась в 6 веке до н э в Греции и просуществовала до 6 века н э (когда импе...полностью>>
Пізнавальна діяльність уявлялась професорам Києво-Могилянської академії складним процесом, здійснюваним на двох рівнях – чуттєвому й раціональному Про...полностью>>
- Domestic violence is one of the most common and expensive crimes committed today. We all know of someone who has been a victim of domestic violence and we are almost always aware that the perpetrator loves the victim. Whether in the heat of passion or a drunken stupor the perpetrator only wants the victim to understand how much they love them.
- Domestic violence is a grave and complex problem which has no easy solution, but it affects the entire costarrican society. The priorities of todays institutions have a tought time, trying to detect, atend, prevent, and transform the socio-cultural patters which have originated and perpetuate it.
- This paper is an attempt to examine domestic violence in lesbian relationships, and the modern response to it, in a social and historical context. I chose to examine domestic violence within lesbian relationships in an attempt to look at violence in relationships outside the context of male and female.
- The legal and political issues surrounding the tobacco industry include whether or not tobacco companies should be held liable for tobacco-related deaths of smokers and those related to second-hand smoke, as well as whether or not elected officials should be accepting money from the tobacco industry in order to win elections.
- Election2 is over with, but did the best man really win? I thought the results of this year’s election to seem rather “fishy.” Mr. Bush almost faced a defeat before Florida (governed by Mr. Bush’s brother) ‘accidentally’ mixed up the votes and demanded several extra hand counts.
- It is amazing to me the children are removed from home, where the mothers have been victims of domestic violence. Also that the victim is often left to stay with the batterer. I am a case manager in a Prevention agency in the South Bronx. One of the families that I am working with the mother was physically, emotionally and verbally by her ex-boyfriend.
- The police are known sometimes to be intimidating, influential, and authoritative. The reaction of civilians to the police intervening with them, or their direct orders can vary with individuals. A study was done in 1981 in Minneapolis, to find out if the act of arresting or the threat to arrest all domestic violence offenders or possible offenders, deters further crime.
- Domestic abuse in the United States is a large-scale and complex social and health problem. Domestic violence has become a major health threat to this nation, costing America thousands of lives and millions of dollars (Moore, Zaccaro, & Parsons, 1998).
- An American football hero racing on the freeway in a white Ford Bronco, finally stopping in front of his luxurious home. Six years or more ago this scenario would have sounded like a clever advertisement campaign. Replay the same scenario from 1994 forward and almost all Americans will vividly recall the death of Nicole Simpson and her ex-husband (0.
- Violence in an intimate relationship is often referred to as domestic violence. It is not only wife/husband abuse but also includes sibling, elder, and child abuse. My essay will discuss spouse abuse and why there are such high rates of it in our society.
- Domestic violence is known by many names including spouse abuse, domestic abuse, domestic assault, battering, partner abuse, marital strife, marital dispute, wife beating, marital discord, woman abuse, dysfunctional relationship, intimate fighting, male beating and so on.
- All of these statistics taken from Battered Justice by Joan Meir in American Culture and the Media show that even if and when police intervene in domestic violence incidents the cases were not taken seriously. Many judges just believe there are more serious matters to contend to (257).
- You notice your daughter has a bruised eye and a busted lip. You ask her what happened and she tells you that it was an accident. The next thing you tell her is to leave her husband. She doesn’t listen to you and the next time you seen her is in the hospital with broken ribs and a fractured skull.
- The affects of domestic violence do not stop when the cuts and bruises heal. The psychological affects of domestic violence can be seen long after the violence has stopped. Many of the criminals that are locked up institutions blame their violent acts on the violence that they were victims of when they were young.
- The American Nurses Association (ANA) supports education of nurses, health care providers and women in skills necessary for prevention of violence against women; assessment of women in health care institutions and community settings; and research on violence against women.
- There is a certain responsibility that an individual must take upon themselves when they choose to consume alcohol. It can affect how we think, feel, and act. There may be repercussions if alcohol is not handled carefully. Alcohol can release the inhibitions that control activity, which may lead some to turn crime or similar activities; disregarding the potential outcome of their behavior.
- Since the early 1960s, there has been an alarming increase in drug use in the United States. In 1962, four million Americans had tried an illegal drug. By 1 , that number had risen to a staggering 87.7 million, according to the 1 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse.
- " Most people agree with this definition of hate speech, but their opinions on how to treat it differ. One group believes that the answer to hate speech is more speech; this group believes that hate speech is protected by the first amendment.
- leaving the earth in a quandary before the end of the twenty-first century when the total world population is expected to reach a staggering sixteen to eighteen billion.
- In 1985, MIKHAIL SERGEYEVICH GORBACHEV took over. Unlike Brezhnev, who need tanks of oxygen at his side, Gorbachev had good health and relative youth on his side. At 54 years of age, Gorbachev represented a generation which had begun their political and party careers after 1953.