На современном этапе, когда мир находится на грани экологической катастрофы, и под угрозой исчезновения находиться будущее всего человечества, ни один...полностью>>
Природа представляет все необходимое для нашего существования: и воздух, и воду, и пищу, и одежду, и кров, и многое другое Но вместе с тем природа, ка...полностью>>
Методика преодоления конфликтов и стресса на примере педагогического состава Сормовской православной
Жизнь любой организации, в том числе взаимоотношения людей не протекают гладко Каждому человеку не раз приходилось сталкиваться с конфликтными ситуаци...полностью>>
В 3 - 2 тысячелетиях до н э в Греции, на Крите и некоторых других островах Эгейского моря возникла самобытная культура со своей письменностью От пикто...полностью>>
- Generally when someone begins speaking about diversity in the workplace, thoughts of Affirmative Action, racial diversity, or even sexual equality are usually foremost in our thoughts. However, diversity in the workplace really is so much more than this, we must also consider aging workers, handicapped workers, those with alternative lifestyles, and even physical traits to name others (For the sake of simplification, throughout this paper these will usually be included in the term, minorities).
- There is a growing and continuous interest in workplace diversity within management and organization studies. This interest can be traced back to Johnston and Packard s (1987) influential report, Workforce 2 , which alerted organizations to the dramatic demographic changes that were in the process of transforming the North American workforce.
- American society is slowly, but surely, moving towards equality in the workplace. In the past decade laws have been passed that prohibit discrimination in hiring, retaining and promoting employees based on race, gender, disability and religious beliefs.
- ? We will invest $800 million over four years to improve primary health care services so that Canadians can get timely access to coordinated care from family physicians, nurse practitioners, and other front-line health care providers in their communities.
- For many years now minority groups have been fighting to get equal representation in high paying jobs and to be treated like everyone else if they are hired. The minority group that I wish to focus on is homosexuals. Many gays believe that they are being treated unfairly by companies that do not offer domestic partner benefits and other fringe benefits that are offered to heterosexual workers and their spouses.
- Technology is not an image of the world but a way of operating on reality. The nihilism of technology lies not only in the fact that it is the most perfect expression of the will to power but also in the fact that it lacks meaning. (Octavio Paz) Technology is the general term for the processes by which human beings create tools and machines to increase their control and understanding of the material environment.
- with the changes created both by evolutionary changes in society, including economic shifts which have altered the way people work and indeed which people work as more and more women enter the workforce, and by perhaps pressure brought to make changes because of the perception that the traditional social structure was inequitable.
- Today the United States of America is regarded as a global economic leader. The standard of living in the U.S. is higher than that of most other nations. Our nation is considered an economic super-power. Economic needs have often caused Americans to seek immigrants as workers, and economic opportunities have attracted foreigners.
- Rock states that the concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences. These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies (Rock, p.
- It seems corporations rise and fall on new buzzwords, reorganization, downsizing, right sizing, TQM and now diversity. In what seems like a flurry, corporate America has embraced this initiative becoming the champion of this good cause. In a country where skepticism is encouraged, the base motivation for this action desires exploration.
- Environmental economists argue that environmental degradation has resulted from the failure of the market system to put any value on the environment (Dobson, 1991; Beder, 1996). According to the theory of supply and demand, if a good is provided at a zero price, demand would be higher than if it had a positive value, with the danger of being overused.
- It seems readily evident from an examination of the nature and role of the family in the developing world that form may indeed follow function. Many sociological studies conducted in recent years have indicated that the nuclear family is found at both the primitive and modern stages of economic evolution.
- The system that has evolved since the civil rights legislation of the 1960’s is a misapplication of its original intent. Laws have been passed, quotas have been established and seemingly everything has been done to prevent discrimination,
- Humans have been communicating since four million years. On the other hand, the birth of culture is estimated to have token place about 35, years ago. Today, both culture and communication have evolved considerably and have become interdependent of one another, to the point that communication is considered to be a product of culture.
- Job descrimination work forceIn recent years preferential hiring has become an issueof great interest. Preferential hiring, which was devised tocreate harmony between the different races and sexes, has dividedthe lines even more. Supporters on both sides seem fixed intheir positions and often refuse to listen to the other group splatform.
- In recent years preferential hiring has become an issue of great interest. Preferential hiring, which was devised to create harmony between the different races and sexes, has divided the lines even more. Supporters on both sides seem fixed in their positions and often refuse to listen to the other group’s platform.
- Managing diversity in the workplace is a subject that has gained increased attention among managers during the last two decades. After all, the impact of affirmative action and equal employment opportunity programs on the nation’s work force is undeniable.
- “Organizations must look at diversity now as a critical factor in their future success, not just a social imperative… A diverse workforce is now an important competitive advantage.” (Jose De Anda, assistant human resources director for the Southern California Region of Kaiser Permanente)
- Workplace diversity is a worldwide concept that continues to evolve as more industries move into the global market. Most people try and hold the belief that all people are of equal stature and deserve all of the same opportunities invariant of their race, age, gender, disability, religion or sexual preference.
- The affirmative action program is important because it gives job opportunities for many people regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, and national origin. The work force should be well represented by the different ethnic backgrounds of our society.