С экономической точки зрения природная среда представляет ценность в том случае, если ее можно использовать в производственных и рекреационных целях, ...полностью>>
Целью любой экономической деятельности является извлечение прибыли, а чтобы этого добиться необходимо налаживает деловые контакты, вести переговоры и ...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
Цель этой реформы – укрепить авторитет судебной власти в обществе, сделать правосудие доступным, демократичным, «скорым», разумным и справедливым. При...полностью>>
- The first crusade was initiated by Pope Urban II. On November 7, 1095, Pope Urban preached to his followers outside the city of Clermont-Ferrand about the action which needed to take place. Preaching words about how God would lead the way because they would be doing his work, Pope Urban urged action to take place.
- The Crusades were military expeditions planned and carried out by western European Christians. The crusades started around 1095. The purpose of these crusades was to overtake and gain control of the Holy Land from the Muslims. The Holy Land was Jerusalem and the Christians believed that gaining control of it was their fate.
- The Fourth Crusade The Fourth Crusade is one of the most important of all the major crusades. It is thought to be one of the simpler crusades and to not be very important. It is easily misunderstood, and is actually a very complex and important crusade.
- (1) The original object of the First Crusade was to help Christian churches in the east. The new goal became to free the Holy Land from Muslim control, especially Jerusalem. Pope Urban II stayed in France until September 109 to provide leadership and guidance for the members of the First Crusade.
- The threat to the other Christian states brought about the Second Crusade. The spirited preachings of the French religious leader Bernard of Ccclairvaux inspired Western Europeans to defend the Latin States agains the Muslims. King Louis VII of France and King Conrad III of Germany led the armies of the Second Crusade into Asia Minor, but their armies did not coperate, and the Muslims forces defeated them before they reached Edessa.
- as the most powerful nation at the time, their attempt to spread Christianity on less civilized people came to a fatal end due to the explorers’ detrimental actions The movie Platoon reenacts this theme in a modern true life event After World War II, America demonstrated itself to be arguably the mo
- The crusades, a series of campaigns that were initially launched by Pope Urban II in 1096 were one of the bloodiest and most ineffective militaristic missions in history. The death toll can not be accurately counted but it is estimated in the millions.
- At the time of the Crusades, the official church had become corrupt and politically motivated. It should be noted, too, that crusaders did not take vows to “go on crusade.” The very term crusade, in English or in any other language, is a much later invention.
- The Renaissance, which began in Italy in 1300s, was one of the largest periods of growth and development in Western Europe. The increase in trade caused a abundance in wealth that resulted in the focusing of the arts. Such things as literature, paintings, sculptures and many more works are known to have blossomed from the period known as the Renaissance.
- The Renaissance, which began in Italy in 1300s, was one of the largest periods of growth and development in Western Europe. The increase in trade caused an abundance in wealth that resulted in the focusing on the arts. Such things as literature, paintings, sculptures and many more works are known to have blossomed from the period known as the Renaissance.
- THE SEAFARERThe “Seafarer” contains many references to the older, traditional, pagan beliefs of fate, and the newer, but more predominant Christian faith. Christian monks wrote the “Seafarer”, just before Christianity gained dominance in Britain. It was essentially a type of propaganda to convince the people who had not yet subscribed to the Christian dogma that they could have the best of both worlds: they could continue to honor their belief in fate but also embrace life and be happy.
- The Lottery, and Christianity Shirley Jackson’s short story “The Lottery”, if left at face value, is a perverse tale of a small village sacrificial ceremony, which leaves a lasting impression upon the reader. However to take the story at face value would nearly be an exercise in futility, for then the reader would be missing the deeper meanings found in the delicate symbolism that Jackson places throughout the tale.
- In the Middle East are many religions. The most found religions are Muslim, Christianity, and Judaism. One religion you will most likely not hear about is the religion of the Druze. It is a very secretive and small religion. Not many documents and information on this practice are released to people outside the religion.
- Not long ago Big Tobacco was spanked with billions of dollars in settlement money for class action lawsuits, due largely to the courage of whistleblower scientist Dr. Jeffrey Wigand. The former chief of a scientific research department with a major tobacco company, Wigand was fired for speaking out against the use of lethal, addictive chemicals added to cigarettes.
- The definition of the “typical” American family has changed considerably over time. Ever since the age of television dawned on American culture, situation comedies have tried to portray the typical American family in an attempt to reach as many viewers as possible.
- The middle ages, (450- 1450), after the Roman empire fell this was a time of great change through chaos. The later part of the middle ages brought a period of growth with religious structures and universities. Most of society in the beginning of this era was influenced by the Roman Catholic church.
- Immanuel Wallerstien presents a theory that the ?World System? is a capitalistic shifting of power of core states over selected peripheries. In order to support this theory you must look back on he history of capitalism as it stated to grow. Also you must understand what a core and periphery are.
- The Age of Enlightenment saw many great changes in Western Europe. It was an age of reason and philosophes. During this age, changes the likes of which had not been seen since ancient times took place. Such change affected evert pore of Western European society.
- The Knight and the nun are two completely different people the knight is some one who wants people to think well of them so he dose things to make people thinks will of him where as the nun wants people to think well of her so she became a nun but in reality she is not living up to her vows.
- Later Crusades Essay. After the first Christian Crusade that begun in 1095 there were eight classified crusades that generally aimed towards the area of Sirya and Palestne that lasted untill the 1270 s. Yet after much humiliation and the repeated defeat of the Crusaders in the Lavant, most of the Eropean powers understood the fact that the Holy Land was unnatainable.