Написана неизвестным автором в Смоленске в конце 1420-х гг. Известна в 4-х редакциях: 1-я (1428) помещена в книге слов Исаака Сирина, переписанной в С...полностью>>
Назначение электронных таблиц Microsoft Excel — один из наиболее популярных пакетов для среды Windows, принадлежащий к классу так называемых табличных...полностью>>
Как видно из приведенной схемы, основу цены продукции составляет ее себестоимость, которая характеризует текущие издержки предприятия по производству ...полностью>>
- Guns are designed to kill. Some may say they are to protect, hunt, or even scare prospective thieves, but otherwise are designed to maim or kill either an animal or even worse a human being. Gun control is the starting point to eliminating dangerous and unnecessary firearms designed only to kill.
- In 1915 the British passenger liner, the Lusitania was sunk supposedly by German U-Boats, pissing many people off. Most Americans considered this grounds for war. Wilson, however, refused to take extreme measures against Germany but instead sent them several messages insisting that it?s government safegaurd the lives of noncombatants in the warzone.
- Spain’s claim was staked by the conquistador Pedro de Alvarado, who arrived in the area in 15 5.
- ?Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!? (Szumski 19). This poem, placed at the base of The Statue of Liberty was rightfully depicted as a welcome mat for the rejected and oppressed people of other nations.
- Many immigrants come to the United States because it is known as the “land of opportunities”, but in the last decade many political analysts are saying that there are no more opportunities left for the citizens already living here. Immigrants come here for job opportunities and to start a new life and career.
- At the conclusion of the WWII Germany was divided into 4 zones of occupation controlled by Great Britain, France, the Soviet Union, and the United States. Berlin, the capital of Germany, was located in the Soviet controlled section of Germany. Lack of agreement and compromise with the Soviet Union concerning the unity of Germany led to the beginning of the Cold War.
- The American people are extremely fortunate. Two hundred years ago, their Founding Fathers used the Constitution to prohibit American government officials from ever enacting trade and immigration restrictions between the respective states of the Union.
- The end of the civil war and the beginning of the industrial revolution started an increase of immigration into the United States because of a need for low paid workers. Immigrants from around the world fled to America taking valuable jobs away from American citizens.
- A. The invasion of Texas-Not all the Anglo-Americans favored the conflict. Eugene C. Barker states that the immediate cause of the war was “ the overthrow of the nominal republic by Santa Anna and the substitution of centralized oligarchy” which allegedly would have centralized Mexican control.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- Capitalism – ?An economic and political system in which a country?s trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.?America was an ideal breeding ground for capitalism, a relatively new country, in need of young entrepreneurs to kick start it?s already buoyant economy.
- The English word migration derives from the Latin verb migrave, meaning to move from one place to another. Migration also means a temporary or permanent change of residence by one or a group of people. (pp. 605 Webster Dictionary) As far back as people can remember there has been a continuing movement of people from one place to another.
- For many years, the United States government has outlawed drugs such as marijuana from sale in the marketplace. Yet, with prohibition, marijuana use has decreased only minimally. It appears as though the media has publicized only the bad aspects of marijuana use.
- In this paper, DR. ARUP RATAN GHOSH puts cinema into the orbit of Globalisation. The context and texts of ?identity?, MTV, beauty contest, cocacolaisation, localism, regionalism and nationalism, Amartya Sen?s notion on globalisation, block-buster films and cinema in general come with a serious approach to state the global matter of fact of the moving images.
- “The debate over the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 revealed bitter controversies on a number of issues.” Immigration was a major issue of debate in congress over the Alien Acts. The Nation was afraid of losing its culture to the pouring in of thousands of other nations.
- S., like all countries to varying degrees, elevates national citizenship to a position of primacy and lessens the inherent humanity of those on the wrong side of the social and territorial boundaries. Operation Rio Grande, launched in August 1997, in Brownsville, Texas, was a special multi-year operation designed to gain and maintain control of specific border areas through a combination of new technology and additional staffing.
- How does a country create unity in cities composed of hundreds of different ethnic origins?Canada has long been called “The Mosaic”, due to the fact that it is made up of a varied mix of races, cultures and ethnicities. As more and more immigrants come to Canada searching for a better life, the population naturally becomes more diverse.
- The need for America to value the Native Speakers of Languages other than English. The recently arrived immigrants face a language barrier which is only the part of the many difficulties they endure in US. Many of them are offended by the cultural aspects of America which they do not understand.
- America’s constant growth in population is due to immigrants who leave their countries in search for a better life. Now America is cutting back on who they allow citizenship to. One way the government is resolving this conflict is, by creating the U.S.
- Long ago, a great controversy arose between Israel and the Palestinians. Israel believed it should have the right to the Holy Land; including the city of Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights. At the same time, the Palestinians believed that they had the same rights.