Развитие современного общества и системы образования предъявляют все более высокие требования к качеству подготовки выпускников вузов Особую роль в по...полностью>>
В последние годы за рубежом сделан ряд громких открытий в экологии паразитических растений, что доказало перспективность исследований в этой области Ц...полностью>>
Электронную промышленность часто называют детищем НТР, и это действительно так Сначала она зародилась в недрах электротехники (радиотехники), но затем...полностью>>
- Competitive advantage is not created within a single firm alone. Efficiency in internal operations is essential but not necessarily sufficient to compete globally. Factors external to the business are increasingly important. Each firm is inherently part of a “cluster” of activities made up of firms along the value chain as well as related and supporting organizations e.
- During the last 15 years, an area has developed within the Information Systems discipline which is generally referred to as ’strategic information systems’. It concerns itself with systems whose importance to the organisation extend beyond merely assisting it to perform its existing functions efficiently, or even just effectively.
- By 1998 Sun had become a global Fortune 500 leader in enterprise network computing with operations in 150 countries and generating $8 billion in revenues. Sun?s competitors in the technical markets were primarily Intel, Hewlett-Packard (HP), International Business Machine (IBM), Compaq Computer Corporation (CPQ) and Silicon Graphics, Inc.
- The North America market is one of the richest in the world. Measured in terms of GDP, it is the equivalent of Western Europe. But with a somewhat smaller population, GDP per capita in North America, Canada, Mexico and the U.S., is around 12 percent higher than in Western Europe.
- A careful balance must be found in unique institutions such as small recovery centers for patients in need for counseling for psychological and chemical addictions. There are two main roles to be played in such a facility: (1) The role of resource management, and (2) the roll of the counselors or doctors.
- With today’s workforce becoming increasingly diverse and organizations doing more to maximize the benefits of the differences in employees, Human Resource managers are evolving from the “old school” sideline player to the front-line fighters. Organizations are relying on managers to get the people who get the job done, and of course, make the company money.
- Multinational corporations (MNCs) are another type of nongovernmental actor and are private businesses headquartered in one state that invest and operate extensively in other states. They are sometimes called transnational corporations or international corporations.
- Senior civil servants are professional in the sense that their experience of public affairs is thought to provide them with the knowledge of the limits within which state policy can be made effective and of the probable administrative results of different courses of action.
- The independent republic of Haiti consists of the western third of the island of Hispaniola, the second largest island in the Caribbean. Haiti shares the island with the Dominican Republic. Covering a total area of 10,714 square miles, Haiti has a northern and southern peninsula separated by the Gulf of Gonave.
- When firms that supply external productive capacity develop a merchant character, as they have in the American-led electronics industry, manufacturing capacity is essentially shared by the industry as a whole, reducing costs and spreading risks in an increasingly volatile world market.
- Trained as a carpenter but struggling to find work, he had taken up farming by the time Walt was born, but when Walt was just about to turn four, Walter Sr.
- Microsoft is committed to the stress free PC for home users. People want a computer that does all the cool stuff and anything that works. For the first time, Microsoft Corporation will focus its development efforts on ways that people use their personal computers at home for fun, convenience, access to information, and communication.
- The operational functions of marketing: sales promotion, advertising, public relations, selling, financing, buying, forecasting, pricing, standardization, publicity, merchandising, market research, transporting, risk-taking, servicing and stockholding.
- When I think of Intel, I think of Andrew Grove. That may be due to my age, and the fact that I was too young in 1968 to know that Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce, pioneers in the semiconductor industry, had left Fairchild Semiconductor to form Intel Corporation.
- Stretching over 2,500 miles form east to west and 2,700 miles from north to south, Brazil is the world s largest tropical country. The only nations that are larger are the lands of Russia, Canada, China and the United States. Brazil has more then 150 million people spread unevenly over its huge land area, making it the fifth most populated country in the world.
- Effective organizations are always searching for better ways to produce goods and services. When new technological developments give some organizations a competitive advantage, their rivals try to catch up by adopting and improving on the new technologies.
- Many Western firms are rapidly investing in, or forming joint ventures with, firms in Eastern European countries. Despite the growth in Direct Foreign Investment (DFI) in Eastern Europe, Western managers know relatively little about the Human Resource Management (HRM) practices of these countries.
- It is strikingly playful. Millions of people are playing with their computer keyboards, with such humble means as commas, colons, and backslashes. Not only hackers, computer addicts and children but even serious adults are playing with identity, frames of interaction, and typographic symbols – language.
- This paper is concerned with the recent wave of Hong Kong immigrants into Vancouver. The stage is set for this discussion by first explaining some background behind Canadian immigration policy and then discussing the history of Chinese immigrants in Vancouver.
- Since it began to escape from AT&T’s Bell Laboratories in the early 1970’s, the success of the UNIX operating system has led to many different versions: recipients of the (at that time free) UNIX system code all began developing their own different versions in their own, different, ways for use and sale.