Актуальность рассматриваемой темы определяется тем, что взаимоотношения власти и крестьянства во все времена в российском государстве занимало особое ...полностью>>
The function of law in a society is more or less universal. It acts as a deterrent to control the evil and treacherous behavior of humans, to maintain...полностью>>
Культура и искусство->Контрольная работа
Понимание основ делового общения способствует продвижению сотрудника современной организации по служебной лестнице. Даже будучи специалистом, а тем бо...полностью>>
- Over millions of years, thousands of different species have gone extinct. Most were due to “natural selection”, while several others were due to human intervention. According to the Encarta Encyclopedia, 1997, “nearly two-thirds of all the native bird species and one-tenth of the native plants originally found on the Hawaiian Islands have gone extinct recently.
- A clone is a duplicate – much like a photocopy is a duplicate, or copy, of a document (Kolate, 238). A good example of copies that occur in nature are identical twins, which are duplicates of each other. On a daily basis, molecular geneticists and other scientists use cloning techniques to replicate various genetic materials such as gene segments and
- Cloning humans has recently become a possibility that seems much more possible in today s society tan it was twenty years ago. It is a method that involves the production of a group of identical cells or organisms that all originate from a single individual.
- Should we clone humans? Cloning humans has become a possibility that seems easier in today’s society than it was twenty years ago. It is a method that involves the production of a group of identical cells or organisms that all derive from a single individual (Grolier 220).
- (Mckinnel 8) The person responsible for this introduction of cloning was Joshua Lederberg, a noble laureate geneticist. (Kass, Winters 9) Scientists have known for a long time what it took to clone, and many had found themselves believing that it was biologically impossible.
- Thus, an elaboration on the history, techniques, ethics, and reasons for researching the technology of cloning is necessary. The first thing that must be cleared up is what is cloning, and what is a clone.
- It is probably only a matter of time before a human being is cloned. Already animals have been cloned and the race for the first cloned human is well under way, be it legal or not. What will happen when this first human is cloned? Many questions surrounding this topic are asked now and the answers are not far off as the human clone lies on the horizon.
- When the President of the United States issued a ban on the cloning of a human being, many debates arose. Everyone has a different point of view on whether or not the ban is justified. Some experts believe that this ban is in the common good for the nation while others believe that banning such important research would be a travesty in the eyes of scientists.
- According to Webster s New World Dictionary (1990), a clone is “all descendants derived asexually from a single organism.” In layman terms a clone is an exact duplicate of another organism, therefore a human clone would be a perfect copy of another human being.
- The biological definition of a clone is an organism that has the same genetic information as another organism or organisms (Nash, 62-65) From this definition and from information about the science behind cloning, my current view on cloning is that it is ethical, but should not be used until perfected This statement ignores information about how we can misuse cloning and what consequences occur when the procedure is unsuccessful I doubt however that we will allow cloning to be misused, and think most people would probably have this opinion on cloning, but their lack of knowledge on cloning, or
- Cloning humans has recently become a possibility that seems much more feasible in today’s society than it was twenty years ago. It is a method that involves the production of a group of identical cells or organisms that all derive from a single individual (Grolier 220).
- In recent years the strong debate of human cloning has come into perspective after the cloning of the sheep Dolly , arguing over the ethical and unethical issues has been the main issue. After the cloning of Dolly President Bill Clinton put a five-year ban preventing the use of any or all-federal funding towards human cloning.
- Anti-technologists and political extremists misinform, and over exaggerate statements that genetic engineering is not part of the natural order of things. The moral question of genetic engineering can be answered by studying human evolution and the idea of survival of the fittest.
- Global warming is the most urgent environmental problem the world will face in the next decade and the next century. Few, if any, trends are more important to our future than climate change caused by human activities. Scientist around the world are warning us that global warming poses a major threat to our future quality of life, previously there has been little information on this problem.
- “Life is beginning to cease to be a mystery and becoming practically like a cryptogram, a puzzle, a working model that can sooner or later be made.” 1 This describes what happened to the mystery of life after the new science of genetic engineering. We can cure diseases, make bigger tomatoes, and soon, we will even be able to decide how our children will look.
- Millions of people pour into movie theatres every weekend. There are movies about sports, romance, politics, and Science Fiction. They are meant to entertain people, however many people actually leave a theatre believing what they just saw. There are movies where some evil genius devises a cloning machine, where someone just walks into and out he comes along with his clone.
- In recent decades, questions about genetic engineering, genetic modification, and cloning of animals and humans are on the minds of many. On February 27, 1997 when Dr. Ian Wilmut and his team sent chills down our spine with the announcement of the first successfully cloned sheep Dolly.
- In the 1970?s, scientists discovered that strands of DNA could be cut using special enzymes, which could cut out genetic combinations. DNA contains information about genes particular organisms hold. Duplicates of genes are also possible through genetic engineering and are very useful for medical purposes.
- An elderly man is diagnosed with an aneurysm, the thinning in the wall of the aorta. In order to repair his failing artery, he receives a patch of healthy tissue-cloned from his own cells and cultured in a laboratory. A child is born free of the gene that allows sickle-cell anemia, despite both her parents being carriers.
- Likewise, many tumours are clones, derived from one aberrant cell which no longer obeys the normal rules of growth control. The offspring of organisms which reproduce asexually, like corals, are also clones; as are identical twins produced by the natural, or sometimes deliberate, splitting of a single embryo.